+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 725 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595145545 ... LastLast
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    If the person is married, you forgo that second date. Otherwise, the person doesn't love him/herself and has low standards. Their is nothing cute/funny/nice/classy about dating someone who's married.
    Meredith would not have continued with him had she known he was married beforehand, hell, she was ambivalent about the whole thing after realizing they'd be co-workers.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eh~mee!
    I have never asked anyone that I have ever dated if they were married. In normal relationships you shouldn't have to ask, if someone is pursuing you they shouldn't be married to begin with.

Are we now suposed to ask everyone we go on a date with if they are married, have kids, are they gay, what religion they are, what car they drive, are they dating anyone else before the appitizer? Talk about wrecking any chance of a second date!
    So, what you're saying is that you think that asking information that you are entitled to, or that will help you protect your health/life will keep you from having a second date?

Maybe you should ask these questions before you even go out on that first date?

I'm just saying that there is a lot going on in the world today, so you can't just assume anything. I'm just suggesting that we need to love ourselves enough ask the hard questions. I'll bet fictitious "Meredith" wishes she had now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay
    So, what you're saying is that you think that asking information that you are entitled to, or that will help you protect your health/life will keep you from having a second date?

Maybe you should ask these questions before you even go out on that first date?

I'm just saying that there is a lot going on in the world today, so you can't just assume anything. I'm just suggesting that we need to love ourselves enough ask the hard questions. I'll bet fictitious "Meredith" wishes she had now!
    I agree it's kind of a sad state we live in concerning dating standards, but I agree with prhoshay that we and fictitious Meredith can't be too careful. However, if she had asked Derek if he was married, he may have answered vaguely, "I was married...".. In his mind his marriage was over when he moved away and made the move on Meredith, so he might have left out the "technicality" of still being officially married, so she could have been screwed either way!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

In a perfect world, one would ask lots of questions before going on a date and get honest answers. However, I believe the only question Meredith and Derek asked when they first met was, "do you wanna?" Because if memory serves, they introduced themselves "the morning after".

I'm loving me some George, McWishyWashy could learn a thing or two from him. His pictures on imdb are so quietly sexy and smoldering. I don't want him to get with Meredith cuz that's unrealistic but hopefully he'll get some booty for the holidays.

I must be living in a different world, where men are honest and kind. So sorry for you who don't live in a place like this and have to be paranoid about what men are hiding. Also I don't have sex with ranodm people like Mere & Derek did. Or maybe marrried scum bag men are just not attracted to me. Either way I guess the ones I pick to date are good men and I never had any huge relationship wrecking secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    I truly believe that Derek thought things were over with his wife when he started a relationship with Meredith. Even when Addison first came to town he was determined that the marriage was over. Only when he experienced some of the emotional patients' stories did he contemplate trying to repair his broken relationship.
    I'm missing a bit of background about these characters and what they did prior to this latest episode, but your take above rings true to me, Broadway.

My friend stated that Derek's (McDreamy?) wife had cheated on him and they weren't a couple after that point. Also that Red (Addison) came to town only when beckoned to assist in treating the administrator surgeon that was craving leg last night.

While I understand that technically unless divorced or otherwise terminally separated (as when death intervenes), a person who was married is married, in the real world I'd suggest that being married is as much if not more a state of mind as something that has been documented officially.

An unmarried couple (or individual within the couple) can easily feel married without the official or religious recognition, but similarly a person like Derek, separated with no intent of getting back together can cast off any feeling of being bound in marriage.

I don't believe he was being calculatedly false when connecting with Merideth, he doesn't strike me (as little that I've witnessed) as a man who feeling married would lie about his relationship either overtly or through omission just to score some sex. I can't imagine that he and almost all others that work in that enviornment wouldn't to some degree look upon their relationships a little differently after being exposed to what they encounter.

Flitting in the back of my mind while seeing what transpired was a portion of an episode of Frazier where Frazier, torn between desiring a relationship with that abrasive old friend of his and a compulsion to at least attempt to do the right thing tells her when she asks that she ought to try working things out with her estranged husband. To his surprise and dismay, she agrees. Bottom line, there is a history there that should not be casually discarded even for cause, not if the couple collectively believes there is something worth attempting to save.

I don't know how long McDreamy and wife had been together or whether they have the added complication of having children, but again, they have the history. And in this case that trumped his affection for Merideth.

FORT Regular
    Kate Walsh (Addison) is only in 1 or 2 more episodes. It'll be interesting to see how they wrap up the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    The scene with him telling the victim's boyfriend of her comments (and weren't they a bit embellished) just sealed the deal.
    I don't think we can tell if her comments were embellished or not as when he asked what she would like him to tell her fiancee he leaned in and we weren't able to hear any of the words. I could imagine comments like that coming from her.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I'm missing a bit of background about these characters and what they did prior to this latest episode, but your take above rings true to me, Broadway.

I don't know how long McDreamy and wife had been together or whether they have the added complication of having children, but again, they have the history. And in this case that trumped his affection for Merideth.
    Just a few tidbits I can recall... cause the show has not dwelled on the past of these two... just brief comments here and there... (Addison & McDreamy) There has been no mention of children.

McDreamy, came home early one afternoon to find Addison in their bed, with his best friend.

I believe they were married 7 years.

And McDreamy best comment about the whole cheating thing... was that Addison did it on his favorite sheets.

McDreamy left the east coast shortly there after for the job he has now.

I am still a little lost on how long this seperation is suppose to cover... 6 months? Tho I am surprise Addison is leaving within the next couple of episodes... she is very effective as the b*tch....

+ Reply to Thread