+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3000588;
    "Dr Bailey and I are in love. I'll be going back to Vegas with her as soon as my divorce from Dr Torres is final". That has GOT to be one of the best lines delivered in the history of Grey's Anatomy.
    Veruka, I agree with you. I couldn't stop laughing when he said that. I don't even think the Chief understood what he said. I also love the fact that when Bailey and Tucker were fighting, George popped his head in and asked if it was okay to take him out to visit with him. Bailey being a doctor should know that it isn't healthy to fight in front of their child. It's no wonder he is hitting the other kids in the daycare. He is surrounded by negativity
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Regular

I loved the George scene (he was hilarious) but I do not like Rose and McDreamy being together. He should be with Meredith... She has some issues with her mom that need to be squared away and then all will be well for them to fall back in love and be with one another!!!

And I have been waiting for Erika to make a move on Callie. She has wanted that. I think the reason that she was seeing the phychiatrist is because she has feelings for Callie. It's going to be interesting how Callie and Erika's relationship (gay or not) will develop.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tiakenzi;3001585;
    I loved the George scene (he was hilarious) but I do not like Rose and McDreamy being together. He should be with Meredith... She has some issues with her mom that need to be squared away and then all will be well for them to fall back in love and be with one another!!!
    I actually really like Derek with Rose as we saw last night, because I think it shows his true colors. Derek served as prince charming for Meredith in the first season, and then he kind of played the victim role when we learned about his split from Addison. I think that what we're seeing now is that Derek is not really the kind, generous, loving prince charming of a man that he's been held up to be. He's got a very self-involved streak. That's why he's been able to go back and forth with Meredith so easily. It's been easy to blame a lot of htat on Meredith, because she's got such a self-involved streak herself. But when we see him with a nice, normal, faithful woman like Rose, his true colors are really illuminated.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3001591;
    I actually really like Derek with Rose as we saw last night, because I think it shows his true colors. Derek served as prince charming for Meredith in the first season, and then he kind of played the victim role when we learned about his split from Addison. I think that what we're seeing now is that Derek is not really the kind, generous, loving prince charming of a man that he's been held up to be. He's got a very self-involved streak. That's why he's been able to go back and forth with Meredith so easily. It's been easy to blame a lot of htat on Meredith, because she's got such a self-involved streak herself. But when we see him with a nice, normal, faithful woman like Rose, his true colors are really illuminated.
    I think Derek is confused though... Because he was thinking about Meredith while him and Rose were together. That is a red flag that he is still in love with Meredith. Plus, I think the only reason that he went with Rose last night was because Meredith disagreed with him about something. It's like he plays his feelings off how she acts and I think that shows he loves her. Meredith has issues... but she will get them worked out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tiakenzi;3001641;
    I think Derek is confused though... Because he was thinking about Meredith while him and Rose were together. That is a red flag that he is still in love with Meredith. Plus, I think the only reason that he went with Rose last night was because Meredith disagreed with him about something. It's like he plays his feelings off how she acts and I think that shows he loves her. Meredith has issues... but she will get them worked out.
    I agree that he's still got feelings / connection with Meredith, but I'm not sure I'd call it love. As I said, we're finally getting to see selfish Derek, without distractions to divert our attention from his behavior. He's still drawn to Meredith because he still enjoys the attention / affection that she gives to him. A person can be taken by that without being in love.

George with the baby was so wonderful! I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. The woman with the tumor coming to the realization that Andre wasn't real (yet he was) made me sob.

Merideth/McDreamy: I always say men/women want what they can't have. There are so many people who feel like they love someone because they are drawn to them but in the end it's the thrill of the chase. Once they have them, it's not that fun anymore.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I agree with everyone's comments. Last night was Grey's at its finest. It was definitely full of favourite moments. Too many to write about, but I was thoroughly impressed with the quality of the episode. I wasn't completely bowled over by sulky Christina, but given how great everything else was, that seemed minor in comparison. I just hope it doesn't last much longer and judging by the previews it doesn't seem like it will be.

I thought George was so funny with the comment about him and Dr. Bailey. I thought he was great with the baby. No wonder that kid is hitting other kids. I do wish they would get him back to being an actual surgeon, because he is basically an assistant or secretary. That med school education shouldn't be wasted on him doing emails for the Chief, picking up the kid from day care, dealing with paperwork, etc. That is $200,000 or so down the drain.

I really felt for that woman when she began to realize Andre wasn't real. i was hoping he'd stroll in before the surgery, how sad that it happened when she was in a state she would never wake up from!

I am on the fence about Rose/McDreamy. I will have to give it time before I can decide what I think. Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo--you can't beat the chemistry between those two. But the characters on the show--damn that was a very unhealthy relationship. So on one hand, it would be nice to see Derek in a healthy, normal, happy relationship.

I like the whole thing with Callie and Hahn and also with McSteamy. Now if they would just keep up lke this, that would be great, because there are so many ways you can mess up a lesbian storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3000588;
    "Dr Bailey and I are in love. I'll be going back to Vegas with her as soon as my divorce from Dr Torres is final". That has GOT to be one of the best lines delivered in the history of Grey's Anatomy.
    Totally agree!

Derek is using Rose, she is a fling for him. And I agree it shows much more about his character flaws.

Ever since Addision showed up the Dekek's halo has been tarnished for me. That's a pretty big secret to keep from someone you "love". When he had sex with Meridith in the exam room during the prom, that wasn't love. That was sex for power. To ruin her relationship with Finn. To make her choose him over Finn. And it was angry sex. I didn't see anything romantic about it. At all.

I like the actor, I like the character and I am glad Grey's is back to what it does well.
    Last edited by AsIs; 05-16-2008 at 03:54 PM. Reason: adding content rather than a new post.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

I'm 10 minutes into this episode and I think it's some of the best dialogue I've ever seen.

+ Reply to Thread