+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2964905;
    The Sparkly Pager is the most hiliarous prop evah!
    So, I'm all teary eyed when the soldier goes in to kiss his deceased lover, tears are starting to roll down. and Meredith is in the background, with that darn sparkler winking at me and start cracking up.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2983980;
    The actress who plays the chief's wife is also on the another ABC series, Eli Stone. I'm not sure if that has been renewed for next season, but she has a pretty good part. Might make it hard for her to be seen more here.
    Yeah, I agree, much bigger part on Eli Stone, but maybe she could slip out now and then for a quickie with the Chief and GA!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2983521;
    Regardless of the actual meaning of the word "whore," I don't think many people equate it with taking money. In common usage, it's pretty much equivalent to slut.
    Oh, I agree they do, but it's a useful distinction to maintain...slut as the technical equivalent of stud, but with obviously different connotations.. and whore as one of the many synonyms for prostitute. Part of my endless no doubt hopeless fight against the corruption of the language! I just don't want GA to be contributing to it when they so easily could have used a better word. She could even have made the point that many of you have thought of him as a stud (cool) but really he's just a slut (not cool) and you should have known it, so stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by alizarules;2984090;
    So, I'm all teary eyed when the soldier goes in to kiss his deceased lover, tears are starting to roll down. and Meredith is in the background, with that darn sparkler winking at me and start cracking up.
    That is too funny! I was bawling like a baby at the soldiers, and then I say to husband "HEY! Sparkle pager!"
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

OMg I noticed the sparkle pager too when Meredith had her back turned.
    re: the whore thing.. it all goes back to Addison calling Mark a man-whore.. it fits.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2984404;
    Yeah, I agree, much bigger part on Eli Stone, but maybe she could slip out now and then for a quickie with the Chief and GA!
    Skyhigh and PWS I am with you both on big fan of Chief's wife and I do hope that we will see more of her. I just started getting into Eli Stone at the end and hope that it will continue - anyone know if it was picked up?

But, since it is the same network and her parts are usually small, I think she could do both, (hope she will do both).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't know if any of you saw/remember the actress that plays the Chief's wife from the movie, 'Waiting to Exhale', but she was the woman who discovered that she was married/and made a family with to a gay man...and who caught the eye of the new man moving into the neighborhood (who was played by Gregory Hines, a fabulous tapdancer who has since died). This wonderful actress has been around for quite a while! She also played a key role on 'Boston Public'!

Loretta Devine's parts have not been small!!! I guess we need to open our minds to parts that are not Caucasian and blonde!! Geez......how disappointing...........C'MON, PEOPLE!!!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-10-2008 at 11:25 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay.... I think Mike'sgirl was just saying that her parts on Eli Stone and Grey's have been small... small enough that she could still be on both shows.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Oh yes, my thoughts aren't that her parts are too small, but that there might be too much overlap for her to do both roles. I think Mike's girl was thinking that they were small enough to do both... not to demean the actress. I love her. She and Bailey have some of the best lines.
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

i love Loretta Devine!!! she is the reason i got hooked to Eli Stone. I loved her since boston public

+ Reply to Thread