+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2964038;
    Thanks for clarifying about Ava not being pregnant. I thought that was who she was referring to but then I wondered whether it might be the AIDs patient.
    Oh my gosh. I thought the HIV+ woman's blood results came back negative and thought that was odd. This makes more sense.

I don't know if Ava is necessarily a crazy stalker. If she came to the hospital for tests, she would've known the truth would eventually come out. Or even if Izzie can't tell Alex, she could insist that he do the next round of ultrasounds/blood work when Ava came in so that he would know she was not pregnant.

Ava said she was about 5 weeks pregnant. That means that if she was actually pregnant, she would've missed her period only about a week or so ago. She could've had a chemical pregnancy (early miscarriage). I've had those where my home pregnancy test and the blood work at the hospital shows that I am indeed pregnant. A day and a half later, all the medical work up showed I was NOT pregnant. It's pretty common. So I'm not ready to call Ava a psycho just yet...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2964868;
    Oh my gosh. I thought the HIV+ woman's blood results came back negative and thought that was odd. This makes more sense.

I don't know if Ava is necessarily a crazy stalker. If she came to the hospital for tests, she would've known the truth would eventually come out. Or even if Izzie can't tell Alex, she could insist that he do the next round of ultrasounds/blood work when Ava came in so that he would know she was not pregnant.

Ava said she was about 5 weeks pregnant. That means that if she was actually pregnant, she would've missed her period only about a week or so ago. She could've had a chemical pregnancy (early miscarriage). I've had those where my home pregnancy test and the blood work at the hospital shows that I am indeed pregnant. A day and a half later, all the medical work up showed I was NOT pregnant. It's pretty common. So I'm not ready to call Ava a psycho just yet...
    Your explanation would make a lot of sense, but it would give Grey's credit for respecting medical realities, which we know they aren't big on!

Crazy people often defy logic, so I don't think we can apply complete rational thought to what she's doing. I think that her motivation for going to the clinic for prenatal vitamins was to let Alex's co-workers know that she was pregnant as another means of roping him in. I don't think it occured to her that they'd do additional tests. Rather, they'd give her the vitamins, ooh and ahh over how Alex was going to be a father, and put pressure on him to be honorable and be with her.

Here's what I don't get.. if Ava/Rebecca is going all 'bunny boiler' on Alex then why would she submit to ultrasound and blood tests? If you don't want an ultrasound ya just say no. Why would she be in the clinic asking for morning sickness meds if she knows she isn't pregnant? Why wouldn't she just ask Alex - she had already told him she was pregnant.
    There is somethink hinky going on here.

I was sad for Derek and Meredith when Phillip died. I really wanted their clinical trial to succeed.

The Sparkly Pager is the most hiliarous prop evah!

Addison waltzing in and pointing out what is right in front of everyone's faces was great, as was her dressing down of Meredith. "I walk on the beach now, I buy aroma therapy candles, I'm very Zen, but I want to kick your ass so badly right now it is killing me." [about Derek]
    "Are you letting him get away? Because I swear to god, Meredith if you let him ride off into the sunset with that doe-eyed little thing..."

Yeah! wake up Meredith! get over your broken self and decide to be happy.

Callie and Hahn... Addison's mistake driving Callie into the man-whore arms of Sloane! tsk tsk! but SO funny. Erika didn't look amused.

Thank goodness this show is back!

ETA: just read Veruka's post. I would agree with you but Rebecca looked shocked and embarassed when Izzie walked into the exam room. And those who know REbecca and her situation know that she is married but they don't know about her affair with Alex so unless she actually told someone that it was Dr. Karev's baby no one would be the wiser.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 05-02-2008 at 03:06 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

In re-watching Grey's I noticed the lab tech did say that he had the results for Izzy's patient Rebecca Pope; and then Izzy was surprised to see that Rebecca is negative for pregnancy. I think Rebecca either knows she isn't pregnant and is using it stalker style, or she thinks she is pregnant based on a lot of factors, but it is a false positive due to the various medical conditions which produce those results. (Yeah, even a man with a tumor can show a false positive pregnancy test). I would hate for them to make Ava a stalker but she really is in to Alex. The nice thing about this is watching Alex grow, I think he would make a great father - he knows what not to do in parenting as well as what to do.

I found it kind of funny that Alex said he wouldn't make a good father knowing that Justin Chambers in real life is the father of 5.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2966455;
    I found it kind of funny that Alex said he wouldn't make a good father knowing that Justin Chambers in real life is the father of 5.
    FIVE??? Wow, that is ironic.....and all with the same mother, with whom he still lives?

Yep happily married with 5 rugrats

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Yup, she's beautiful enough to be a model herself, but they met when she was working at the modeling agency that represented him. I think she may have been a booker.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

did anyone notice, the girl, jennifer, whose husband had the tumor was clea duvall? i thought she looked somewhat familiar but i couldn't place her. had to look the character up on imdb. her face isn't as round as it used to be.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Round face? Interesting! I remember her from the HBO series Carnivale where she looked quite angular. This series was cancelled waaay tooo sooon.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread