+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Hmm. Looks like Hahn might have a crush on Callie. I don't blame her, because I am 100% straight and I think Callie is pretty darn sexy. I don't know what I think of that storyline. I don't care what gender anyone sleeps with on the show (a McDreamy-McSteamy thing would be so hot). it is just that you often get powerful, independent women like Hahn who don't fall over every guy they see or feel the need to have a man in their life and they automatically are stereotyped as being butch lesbians. That is the only negative I really can feel if that storyline evolves.

And so Ava is not pregnant. I kind of suspected that would happen when they couldn't find the heart beat and she didn't want an ultrasound. I have always thought she was getting a bit too obsessed almost in a Fatal Attraction type way. I wonder what Alex will do when he finds out. Though techically Izzie isn't allowed to tell him, but they don't follow things like HIPAA on the show.

I also liked that in the case of the HIV+ pregnant woman that they let out the information that it is very remote she could pass it on her baby. So many people don't know that that is possible. It is important to get those facts out considering a recent study has come out that shows how badly Americans still stigmatize positive women and how more people think someone with schizophrenia should have kids than a woman with HIV.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

All this to try and talk to him? Man.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2963897;
    And so Ava is not pregnant. I kind of suspected that would happen when they couldn't find the heart beat and she didn't want an ultrasound. I have always thought she was getting a bit too obsessed almost in a Fatal Attraction type way. I wonder what Alex will do when he finds out. Though techically Izzie isn't allowed to tell him, but they don't follow things like HIPAA on the show.

I also liked that in the case of the HIV+ pregnant woman that they let out the information that it is very remote she could pass it on her baby. So many people don't know that that is possible. It is important to get those facts out considering a recent study has come out that shows how badly Americans still stigmatize positive women and how more people think someone with schizophrenia should have kids than a woman with HIV.

Thanks for clarifying about Ava not being pregnant. I thought that was who she was referring to but then I wondered whether it might be the AIDs patient.

I seem to remember reading that the actor that plays Hahn said she was up for that, or encouraged them to develop that story.... I was aware it was coming but do not remember where I read it. I wonder if this will change the dynamics between Callie and Hahn?

Thought the elevator ride with all Derek's girls was funny!

OMG, the elevator with Derek and his "girls" was hilarious! I laughed even harder when Mark got in. He was being particularly funny tonight ! The whole thing with his obsession over his "skin flap" was just funny !

Thought it was a great episode. What is Ava trying to do?? Now she's a stalker and is anyone else wondering if she's hoping to hook up with Karev so that she can try to get pregnant for real?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

OMG...the elevator was hilarious. And leave it to Mark to say something like that. I was hysterical.

And Ava....WTF??? So, she's being a stalker now. I really hope that Alex doesn't fall for this, which it looks like he is.

Hahn/Callie storyline is going to be very interesting. I just hope they do it right
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

This week's episode really did have some of the great quick lines that Grey's used to do so incredibly well. The elevator moment was one of them, as was Mark's obsession with making skin. But my absolute favorite of all of them was when Callie asked why no one things Meredith and Christina are a couple, and they're answer was that they slept around like two drunken whores on tequilla and then either called of weddings or drown themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;2964398;
    Thought it was a great episode. What is Ava trying to do?? Now she's a stalker and is anyone else wondering if she's hoping to hook up with Karev so that she can try to get pregnant for real?
    I think she is getting waay too obsessed, kind of like in Fatal Attraction and can't accept the relationship is over. A "pregnancy" is a perfect way to real him in--and I think she could be trying to get pregnant for real or else if that doesn't happen, I would bet she suddenly has a "miscarriage". I wonder what Izzie will do with the information. This show does not portray a hospital accurately, so I doubt they will bring up things like HIPAA privacy laws. So I wonder if either she will confront Ava or go there and tell Alex or keep quiet and let this crazy bitch stalk him.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2964570;
    I wonder what Izzie will do with the information. This show does not portray a hospital accurately, so I doubt they will bring up things like HIPAA privacy laws. So I wonder if either she will confront Ava or go there and tell Alex or keep quiet and let this crazy bitch stalk him.
    I had to giggle when I read this. My sister works in healthcare administration, and one of the big focuses of her day to day life is HIPAA compliance. She has said many times that she has to totally remove her mind from the hospital aspect of the show when she watches, and only pay attention to the relationships, because all of the unrealistic medical stuff would make her nuts.

I thought about exactly that last night when Izzy was giving the first presentation of why the HIV positive pregnant woman could keep her baby -- wouldn't the woman have had to give approval for her husband to be there for that conversation? But then, Izzy is just a "how not to comply to HIPAA" manual that walks and talks!

Since there have been a few of those stories in the news, I kind of wonder if they'd go the "steal a baby and claim that it is yours" route with Ava. If Izzy told Alex and he didn't believe her, and then Ava bounced in and out until the baby came along, it could come in to play. But then again, as slow as time moves in Grey's land, I guess it would have to be 7 or 8 seasons before she'd actually give birth!

I was so furious with the way Alex was acting about it when she first told him. I thought he was being a real jerk. But then when the revelation came at the end I turned my anger to Ava/Rebecca. What a psycho. That's something my ex-friend would do. Anyway, WTH was up with Izzie last night? I'm watching her like "She's soooo giddy and weird. What is she on???" My favorite part of the elevator scene was Mark leaning into Derek and saying "I bet you're really wishing you took the stairs right about now."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread