+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2951520;
    I'm not a big fan of gray hair on men so I thought Sloan looked better without the gray...and without his beard. I knew he had been sick so I attributed his weigh loss to his illness. All things considered, he appears to be on the mend just fine.

I'm sick of storylines where women can't just be friends but of course they have to be lesbians. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...) I hope they don't do that with Callie and the new surgeon...unless this is going to be a serious long-term relationship and not just dabbling. If they're going to dabble at homosexuality, I'd rather they hook up McDreamy and McSteamy, jump the shark and be done with it...
    ROFL on your last line, that truly made me laugh.

Being one of the resident lesbians on the board, I would like a well done story with Callie and Hahn, but not if it is going to be a drunken one timer or a painful experimentation thing.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2951520;
    I'm not a big fan of gray hair on men so I thought Sloan looked better without the gray...and without his beard. I knew he had been sick so I attributed his weigh loss to his illness. All things considered, he appears to be on the mend just fine.

I'm sick of storylines where women can't just be friends but of course they have to be lesbians. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...) I hope they don't do that with Callie and the new surgeon...unless this is going to be a serious long-term relationship and not just dabbling. If they're going to dabble at homosexuality, I'd rather they hook up McDreamy and McSteamy, jump the shark and be done with it...
    OK, that was nearly a spit the Diet Coke moment, not just at the Mc hook up but at how totally that would jump the shark. Hmmm, now why would that be, when hooking up some of the hot female stars would not be? Yet more evidence that lesbians and gay men are not seen as equivalent.... or even bi women and bi men.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;2951615;
    ROFL on your last line, that truly made me laugh.

Being one of the resident lesbians on the board, I would like a well done story with Callie and Hahn, but not if it is going to be a drunken one timer or a painful experimentation thing.
    Exactly. If they're going to do it, then I hope they do it as a natural love story and not as a "ooh, this is so exciting for all the straight men to watch..."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2951616;
    OK, that was nearly a spit the Diet Coke moment, not just at the Mc hook up but at how totally that would jump the shark. Hmmm, now why would that be, when hooking up some of the hot female stars would not be? Yet more evidence that lesbians and gay men are not seen as equivalent.... or even bi women and bi men.
    Again, exactly! Here's my unprofessional theory...Men fantasize about seeing two women together. Women don't fantasize about seeing two men together. Two women together seems acceptable in today's society, whereas SOME men are threatened by seeing two men together... I get the feeling that a lot of people think that lesbians are just women...who happen to like other women...but homosexual men are perverts.

Anyhow, didn't mean to get all heavy handed...some of this stuff just irritates me.

I like Callie and hope they get her a love interest -- of either gender -- that deserves her who has a backbone!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I know...from talking to people about this I think it's that a woman seeing two men together sees 2 people totally not interested in ME, while a man seeing two women together sees...??? .... 2 people who would be doing all that to me simultaneously if they just knew I was there??? I confess I've never made sense out of the male fantasy... And yet there was an entire episode of something.. Seinfeld maybe...where 2 women got a guy to run a huge number of errands for them by implying he'd get to see them together (only one was a lesbian..it was a scam)...AND all the other men chipped in, as it were, to help him, even though they wouldn't benefit... they'd let him cut to the front of the line, etc. So the writers at least saw it as a widespread straight male fantasy.
    Well, as you say, hoping that's not what's going the GA writers' minds. If they do it hope they do it well. And really I'd be very happy for them to show that even older powerhouse women can be friends (not just those the age of Mer).
    ETA, not to say straight women don't enjoy watching the travails of gay love, as on Brothers and Sisters, but my impression is they watch it for the romance/plotline, not for titillation.

The thing I like about this pairing is that both women have a good chemistry with each other and could sell it very well. I am hoping for something that isn't a train wreck like the painful pairing on ER. I adored Elizabeth Mitchell in the role, but it just never clicked.

And I am guessing the "kiss" Shonda has been teasing that will blow away all other kisses must be Callie and Hahn. Everything else has been done on the show. Alex/Izzie, Mer/Der etc.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;2953605;
    And I am guessing the "kiss" Shonda has been teasing that will blow away all other kisses must be Callie and Hahn. Everything else has been done on the show. Alex/Izzie, Mer/Der etc.
    Not McDreamy and McSteamy...

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2953969;
    Not McDreamy and McSteamy...
    What about Mer's little sister and George? I think they're an adorable pair. You just look at them and want to go, "awww!" Honestly, at the end of last episode, i was half expecting for George to go up to her and kiss her after she did her talk about making the apartment a home.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2951609;
    Well, it's not a cheap town, and it has a lot of old buildings, that do get buggy...all you need is one lousy tenant to lure the roaches in. I notice it has lots of nice exposed brick. A little paint, a few cleaning products, and..voila!
    Oh yes... the rent of a Seattle apartment. On the waterfront of Seattle, STUDIO apartments are going for around $1,300. And a 2 bedroom apartment around the area of where Seattle Grace would be if it actually existed is about $1700 for a 2 bedroom place. Or atleast it is according to online.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Oh man the CTV previews (Canadian) are making Grey's look so freakin' amazing tonight, pregnancy, Callie, Hanh, Alex, other major players old and new. Anyone else getting pumped?!!

I'm really pumped and I didn't even get to SEE the previews!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread