+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2750530;
    Oh, and in the interest gender equality by being tough on men aging ... It would not hurt Eric Dane to spend some time with a talented hair colorist. He shouldn't be going for a total Patrick-Dempsey-dark-hair look. But he could stand to lose some of the grey.
    No way! Very few men can pull off the grey the way he does. It gives him a rugged quality. Just like Anderson Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2750758;
    I agree, I hope they keep them together. THey need to have at least one couple on the show that can weather the storm. If they split them up, then they're essentially just recycling the chief's storyline.

I will say that in the scene at the start where Miranda was leaving for work, I felt a lot of sympathy for Tucker. Like you, part of that may have been that I like the actor so much. But she really didn't seem to be marching through telling him everything that he needed to do for his job, and exactly how to do it. He's home all day taking care of the baby, and now he's going to be belittled into being told he can't even get the sink fixed properly without being told how? I can understand why Miranda did that in her "things should be done my way" control freak ways. But I can also appreciate where months and months of being treated that way would weigh hard on Tucker.
    The thing that irritates me about this is that I feel like the writers thought they HAD to do it. I was hoping she'd prove the chief wrong (he tried giving chief resident to Callie to protect Bailey from things like this), but I guess that's not meant to be.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2750889;
    No way! Very few men can pull off the grey the way he does. It gives him a rugged quality. Just like Anderson Cooper.
    Last year, he had just the right amount of grey and he looked really good - and rugged like you said. This year, there's just too much white for me. It looks like he came into work after painting his ceiling.

I'd probably do myself some good as a view to recall what I'd heard or read at some point, that GA is a show 'Written by women, for women'. Perhaps it would make more sense, be less irritating, or I'd finally get the hint and just move on.

Bailey disappointed me in her response to her baby being critically hurt. She of ALL people on that show is supposed to hold on to their reason when the crud hits the fan, and Hahn was absolutely correct in telling Bailey she had to split and making no bones about it. Shame on a scared momgirl with Bailey's knowledge to force those moments to be wasted dealing with HER rather than attending to her son.

There's only 2 or 3 (maybe 4, but thats a stretch) doctors on that show I'd want around me while holding a blade. The whole lot of them is too prone to going all teary eyes or internally fixated at the drop of a shoe, and I wouldn't want McTeary to be working on my spine when he decides to weep over his girlfriend, whoever she is or isn't that particular day.

Would it be reasonable to hope that Meredith and her girlfriend have truly broken up for good this time?

George and Izzie do make a complimentary couple, at least they are equally prone to showing their ass in jumping to conclusions among other ailments. I'm not at all surprised that they couldn't be happy together, there IS some justice in this universe, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2751052;
    I'd probably do myself some good as a view to recall what I'd heard or read at some point, that GA is a show 'Written by women, for women'. Perhaps it would make more sense, be less irritating, or I'd finally get the hint and just move on.
    Which women is it being written for?! I'm having a hard time figuring that out because I think this show has just continued to go steadily down hill from the glory of seasons past. It's just nowhere near what it could be and Shonda's not making it any better. It's like she's hellbent on destroying her own show.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2750758;
    I agree, I hope they keep them together. THey need to have at least one couple on the show that can weather the storm. If they split them up, then they're essentially just recycling the chief's storyline.

I will say that in the scene at the start where Miranda was leaving for work, I felt a lot of sympathy for Tucker. Like you, part of that may have been that I like the actor so much. But she really didn't seem to be marching through telling him everything that he needed to do for his job, and exactly how to do it. He's home all day taking care of the baby, and now he's going to be belittled into being told he can't even get the sink fixed properly without being told how? I can understand why Miranda did that in her "things should be done my way" control freak ways. But I can also appreciate where months and months of being treated that way would weigh hard on Tucker.
    I agree as well. If they at least make this couple the one couple that sticks together and grows closer out of the challenge, I would be happy.

I love Georges Mom, but truthfully that whole line about them being Catholic and having to stay together because they don't believe in divorce is wrong- really, the writers should have looked into that. In real life, the Catholic Church would not have recognized a marriage that took place "outside" the Catholic church - in fact, they would have been considered living in sin. Catholics have to be married in a catholic church by a catholic priest or it is considered outside the church and invalid. That priest which mom wanted him to see, would have had him filing for a legal divorce, and getting an annulment within the church so that he could get married if he wanted to some time in the future within the church. He would not have tried to reconcile the couple.

Canadian_angel - it is confusing these days isn't it. I would have to say that since it is called Greys Anatomy, and we usually have Mer doing voice overs; that Meredith was the initial focus but, it has grown to be more of a "Seattle Grace" show. (Which for me is OK, because Mer isn't my favorite character - Derek is). I know that Shonda must have a goal in mind, but the trouble with writers is they stretch that out to the point of fan frustration and people say - the heck with it, there's other shows I can be watching.

As far as the Catholic bit goes, a Catholic can get married in another church and can have a RC priest there to bless the couple. That marriage would be valid in the eyes of the Church.

If a couple got married in Vegas and it didn't work out, the Church does not recognize that marriage and an annulment would be in order. Then, like you said, the Catholic could have a Catholic wedding in the future.

What drives me nuts about Grey's Anatomy, and has for the last couple of seasons, is the way they have the cast talk. It is like no one can spit out a complete sentence. Meredith is the worst in that regard! But the other night, Derek pulled a Meredith when he got in the elevator and asked the nurse, Rita?, out to dinner. He just said something like, "Dinner tonight....with me.....Will you have dinner tonight with me?" It just sounds so idiotic!

At the very end of this last show, when the camera was on Bailey watching over her baby, the camera panned out you could see just about the entire cast standing there in the background. I said to my husband, "Would that really happen in a hospital setting?"

The one storyline I really did like on Thursday's show was the cardiac patient who was the healer. I also like her sidekick who wasn't getting good vibes from Alex. And I would like to see more of the off-duty camaraderie between Callie and Hahn.

I liked most of the episode. I liked that the older healer recognized that Izzie had an effect on Alex. I still hold out hope one day they will get back together. Down the line but not right now as Izzie is still on my nerves right now.

I also don't mind that Derrick and Meredith break up and he dates Rose, only because I think that is what they both need in order to come back together once and for all. She may have been right when she told him it's not her he wants to build a house and life with, but just "someone." His dating Rose will help him find out if that's true or not. I'm always rooting for Mer/Der though and hope the writers have a plan that will see them back together.

I was hoping Bailey and her husband would come back together in the wake of their child's tragedy but Shonda does really seem to not like happy couples for too long. I agree with those that wonder why she can't allow at least one happy couple.

I don't want to see a Hahn/Callie or Hahn/Christina hook-up. Too much out of character for the characters I think. I don't like storylines that come out of left field (like Saul on Brothers and Sisters). Callie very much loved George. I don't see her suddenly realizing she might be gay. Christina loved Burke as much as she's capable of loving someone. I don't see her becoming gay either. It would just be too out of character. If they need a gay character, they need to introduce a new one to be paired with Hahn (if the rumors are true that there will be a storyline as such down the road).

With the writer's strike who knows what will happen to these characters or if they will stay true to type. Of course the writers have already not been staying true to type with them for the past two seasons so who knows what's in store. I just hope it's some good things and not all the doom and gloom that's been the mood of the past two seasons.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2751737;

I don't want to see a Hahn/Callie or Hahn/Christina hook-up. Too much out of character for the characters I think. I don't like storylines that come out of left field (like Saul on Brothers and Sisters). Callie very much loved George. I don't see her suddenly realizing she might be gay. Christina loved Burke as much as she's capable of loving someone. I don't see her becoming gay either. It would just be too out of character. If they need a gay character, they need to introduce a new one to be paired with Hahn (if the rumors are true that there will be a storyline as such down the road).
    The one thing that keeps me from agreeing with you here is the way its been so effectively on other shows in the past. On ER, before Carrie fell in love with the paramedic woman who she had a son with, she was in a relationship with the consultant guy who visited the ER for a while. So it was established that she was happy in relationships with men, and that came in to play as she was falling in love with the paramedic. As she was discovering that the paramedic was spending time with her for reasons other than friendship, she kind of fought it saying "oh no, I've been with men in the past" The way they did it on that show, I thought it was even more heart warming because the love between the two women helpd Carrie to discover who she really was, even though she had not known that she didn't know who she was.

If they were to do something like that between Callie and Hahn, I think it could be really good. Of course, I expect the writers to race through it without making sense just like they do with most storylines.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2751754;
    If they were to do something like that between Callie and Hahn, I think it could be really good. Of course, I expect the writers to race through it without making sense just like they do with most storylines.
    Exactly. I think on Grey's, if the writers turned those women into lesbians, it would be for titillation and not for good drama. I actually would like to see a Hahn/Sloan romance play out...slowly...and see what happens. But when he cheats on her, I'd like her be the one who is the strong one and not the one who turns into a crumpling mess...

You know, I make fun of Derek all the time and never found Patrick Dempsey particularly attractive...but if this was real life and he asked me out, I'd probably fall for him.

+ Reply to Thread