+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I see your point Mike'sgirl. It's getting old fast and I too want to see more story.
    Yup, with donuts!!

LG.

I loved seeing Mrs. O'Malley show up and George having to face the whole parade of disappointments. They might have been trying to pave a path for reconciliation for George and Callie, who knows. Looks like they're setting up Sloan and Haun. I like Dr. Haun, and like the fact that she and Callie are hitting it off. I didn't like seeing Tucker get squashed by the bookcase though. Makes me nervous about my own babyproofing skills around my house.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Question, didn't George and Izzie agree to be just friends again in the episode right before this one where everyone was dancing together at the end?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;2750313;
    Question, didn't George and Izzie agree to be just friends again in the episode right before this one where everyone was dancing together at the end?
    It was kind of vague. They recognized that the chemistry just wasn't there, and that they coudln't force it. But they also talked about how it would be there sometime. So maybe they meant they'd continue dating, but just not expect to be having great sex?

Did I miss something? Was it said that Izzie and George were still together? I thought they had agreed to stay friends, for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2749784;
    Broadway and Lois, since the three of us are on the same thought pattern with this storyline, I'll aks you -- Do you think that the writers dropped the ball a bit in telling this story? We've had 3 seasons of build up to appreciate where Miranda is coming from. We've seen Tucker for maybe 3 episodes. Would both sides of this storyline be more compelling if they'd made Tucker a more prominent supporting cast member (along the line of the chief's wife) so that viewers would have had more occasions to appreciate where he's coming from? In othe words, is this another storyline that has not played out in as compelling a fashion as it could because of the impatience of the writers?
    In a way, yes. I could see this one coming with the 3 or 4 times they have shown Tucker, but to have this erupt to the point of Tucker moving out just seems too rushed. I would have liked to have seen more development into how these doctors can balance (or obviously not balance) a personal life. And for it to happen to Bailey? Shoot... what are they going to do with her? They certainly aren't going to have her have an affair with the chief. So why break her marriage up?

Maybe they'll be smart enough to continue to develop this storyline from this point forward to a resolution. Maybe.. but I doubt it. *sigh*
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2750507;
    In a way, yes. I could see this one coming with the 3 or 4 times they have shown Tucker, but to have this erupt to the point of Tucker moving out just seems too rushed. I would have liked to have seen more development into how these doctors can balance (or obviously not balance) a personal life. And for it to happen to Bailey? Shoot... what are they going to do with her? They certainly aren't going to have her have an affair with the chief. So why break her marriage up?

Maybe they'll be smart enough to continue to develop this storyline from this point forward to a resolution. Maybe.. but I doubt it. *sigh*
    I just finished watching last night's episode. I LOVED the way they showed the "dance" between Tucker and Miranda -- He was ready to talk, she wasn't. She was ready to talk, he wasn't because she hurt him. Back and forth, back and forth. It was so real. It was well done.

Am I the only one who sees a hook-up between Callie and Hahn coming from a mile away?

Oh, and in the interest gender equality by being tough on men aging ... It would not hurt Eric Dane to spend some time with a talented hair colorist. He shouldn't be going for a total Patrick-Dempsey-dark-hair look. But he could stand to lose some of the grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2750530;
    Oh, and in the interest gender equality by being tough on men aging ... It would not hurt Eric Dane to spend some time with a talented hair colorist. He shouldn't be going for a total Patrick-Dempsey-dark-hair look. But he could stand to lose some of the grey.
    YES! He'd be a hot dirty blonde.

This whole episode felt really flat to me. I couldn't get into the Bailey storyline for some reason, and I thought a lot of the secondary story lines were more fragments than actual plots (or really unsatisfying, one of the two). And it seemed like Mrs. O'Malley's reappearance was somewhat rushed, and yet somewhat superfluous, if that makes any sense. (I will say, I saw Debra Monk, who plays her, in Curtains on Broadway a couple weeks ago, and she was really good.)

I kind of liked the whole Hahn-Mark-Callie dynamic though.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Veruka, that's a really good question you ask... I really like the actor who plays Tucker, so for that reason alone I would've liked to have seen him more on the show prior to him moving out on Bailey. I think the way they portrayed him, he's the harpy husband screaming at our Bailey. I like Bailey, but I sympathesize with his character, too--so I've been filling in my own blanks with what his life must've been like, since the writers didn't do it. They say that when a couple loses a child--or almost loses a child--that either brings them closer together or breaks them apart. I'm hoping that this is the incident that brings the family closer together. Realistically, I don't think Tucker can expect Miranda to be able to meet him for specific times for lunch or take his calls when she's about to go into surgery. But she also needs to make time to talk to him--or rather listen to him. Even if that means they stay up an hour later when they're exhausted...or hire a baby sitter so they can have a couple hours to themselves. I hope the writers don't break them up. I want to see them stay a family!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2750557;
    Veruka, that's a really good question you ask... I really like the actor who plays Tucker, so for that reason alone I would've liked to have seen him more on the show prior to him moving out on Bailey. I think the way they portrayed him, he's the harpy husband screaming at our Bailey. I like Bailey, but I sympathesize with his character, too--so I've been filling in my own blanks with what his life must've been like, since the writers didn't do it. They say that when a couple loses a child--or almost loses a child--that either brings them closer together or breaks them apart. I'm hoping that this is the incident that brings the family closer together. Realistically, I don't think Tucker can expect Miranda to be able to meet him for specific times for lunch or take his calls when she's about to go into surgery. But she also needs to make time to talk to him--or rather listen to him. Even if that means they stay up an hour later when they're exhausted...or hire a baby sitter so they can have a couple hours to themselves. I hope the writers don't break them up. I want to see them stay a family!
    I agree, I hope they keep them together. THey need to have at least one couple on the show that can weather the storm. If they split them up, then they're essentially just recycling the chief's storyline.

I will say that in the scene at the start where Miranda was leaving for work, I felt a lot of sympathy for Tucker. Like you, part of that may have been that I like the actor so much. But she really didn't seem to be marching through telling him everything that he needed to do for his job, and exactly how to do it. He's home all day taking care of the baby, and now he's going to be belittled into being told he can't even get the sink fixed properly without being told how? I can understand why Miranda did that in her "things should be done my way" control freak ways. But I can also appreciate where months and months of being treated that way would weigh hard on Tucker.

+ Reply to Thread