+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

  1. #4341
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,868

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    This show is seriously ticking me off Mer/Der split Bailey and her hubby split and Gizzie is like the only stable couple on there. No more new episodes so this is probably the end of season 4 well geez its been two seasons of crap if Shonda and her writers don't get their crap together soon it will soon be their last season

  2. #4342
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,151

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by paridy;2749326;
    This show is seriously ticking me off Mer/Der split Bailey and her hubby split and Gizzie is like the only stable couple on there. No more new episodes so this is probably the end of season 4 well geez its been two seasons of crap if Shonda and her writers don't get their crap together soon it will soon be their last season
    I feel annoyance as well. They said this was going to be a great season - what were they thinking! If you can't end a season with something 1/2 good, then don't air the show. Nothing but loose ends all season.

    Seriously, no one wants to watch a show and feel depressed when it's over, what are they thinking???

  3. #4343
    YOUUUUUUUUUKKK! GingerLVNV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    American Idol Factory
    Posts
    1,131

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Totally agree. That was so depressing and out of everything in the world I hate watching children suffer so that was a double whammy for me. Soooo, if Izzie could just go away for a while, that might ease my tension about this show.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

  4. #4344
    Loving the FORT! 2boysmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    416

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    I have tolerated the on/off again Meredith/MCDreamy love affair, but for him to go run off immediately and ask someone else out... ew! I love Patrick Dempsey, but I am seriously losing all love for Derrick!

  5. #4345
    Scrappy Spartan Broadway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    18,963

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2749160;
    Aaaargh!!!! I'm about to rant. Am I the only one who really really really wants to smack the heck out of Tucker for the way he acts with Bailey?? Okay. He knew about Bailey's career when he married her. If he couldn't handle her busy schedule, he NEVER should've proposed! And now everything is her fault because she's trying to be a good mother by working her a** off to provide for her family?! To he** with Tucker. Someone needs to give that man a real hard kick in the pants!
    I disagree completely. It's one thing to intellectually know that his wife is studying to be a doctor (she wasn't already a doctor when they got married)... it is an entirely DIFFERENT thing to actually live with it and have to cope with the demands on her time. He's basically living as a single man with children and she hasn't had any time for him.. making all kinds of false promises with which she never follows through. I don't blame him one bit for his reaction. But I don't blame Bailey, either.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

  6. #4346
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2749740;
    I disagree completely. It's one thing to intellectually know that his wife is studying to be a doctor (she wasn't already a doctor when they got married)... it is an entirely DIFFERENT thing to actually live with it and have to cope with the demands on her time. He's basically living as a single man with children and she hasn't had any time for him.. making all kinds of false promises with which she never follows through. I don't blame him one bit for his reaction. But I don't blame Bailey, either.
    I have not watched last night's show yet, but based on the way this storyline had been building up until tonight, I agree with you 100% Broadway. Both Bailey and Tucker are right in this whole scenario. Tucker anticipated he could handle the demands of Miranda's career better than he could in reality. Miranda also anticipated that she could juggle the demands of being a mother (and wife) and being a doctor better than she can in reality. There are plenty of times in life when you get in to something you know will be a challenge, and it takes actually being there to fully comprehend how much of a challenge it is. That's where Tucker and Miranda are. Can't fault them for living in reality!

  7. #4347
    On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    5,063

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2749740;
    It's one thing to intellectually know that his wife is studying to be a doctor (she wasn't already a doctor when they got married)... it is an entirely DIFFERENT thing to actually live with it and have to cope with the demands on her time.
    ITA. Both Bailey and her husband are good people who are caught in a complicated situation. This happens EVERY DAY, except usually it's the woman who's the stay-at-home parent ... and I still think culturally that's more acceptable to a lot of people. Being a stay at home parent has GOT to be the most difficult (and rewarding) job out there--but I know plenty of stay at home moms who complain about the isolation that goes with the job. And the parent who works outside the home (usually the dad) basically expects the one at home to just take care of everything and deal with it. I don't have the statistics but I heard that the divorce situation amongst doctors is even higher than the average--with the long hours and demanding schedule and the "God" complex that some physicians have (not Bailey...yet). I hope they work it out and that they get back together... I think the husband just needs to know that Bailey is still there for them emotionally and not just financially. I don't blame him for that. But as a pp stated, I also can't blame Bailey for being good at her job.

    About Der and Mer...I don't blame him for asking the nurse out right away. He kissed her when he and Mer were broken up. When Mer said she wanted him all to herself again, he broke it off with the nurse. Now Mer's doing the same thing she did before about not wanting to commit...he liked the nurse, so why not? Der and Mer clearly have two different agendas--he wants a commitment and most likely marriage and children in the future. Mer isn't there yet. Love is the easy part. Getting life to fit around love--that's the challenge. I hope the two stay broken up.

  8. #4348
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2749781;
    ITA. Both Bailey and her husband are good people who are caught in a complicated situation. This happens EVERY DAY, except usually it's the woman who's the stay-at-home parent ... and I still think culturally that's more acceptable to a lot of people. Being a stay at home parent has GOT to be the most difficult (and rewarding) job out there--but I know plenty of stay at home moms who complain about the isolation that goes with the job. And the parent who works outside the home (usually the dad) basically expects the one at home to just take care of everything and deal with it. I don't have the statistics but I heard that the divorce situation amongst doctors is even higher than the average--with the long hours and demanding schedule and the "God" complex that some physicians have (not Bailey...yet). I hope they work it out and that they get back together... I think the husband just needs to know that Bailey is still there for them emotionally and not just financially. I don't blame him for that. But as a pp stated, I also can't blame Bailey for being good at her job.
    Broadway and Lois, since the three of us are on the same thought pattern with this storyline, I'll aks you -- Do you think that the writers dropped the ball a bit in telling this story? We've had 3 seasons of build up to appreciate where Miranda is coming from. We've seen Tucker for maybe 3 episodes. Would both sides of this storyline be more compelling if they'd made Tucker a more prominent supporting cast member (along the line of the chief's wife) so that viewers would have had more occasions to appreciate where he's coming from? In othe words, is this another storyline that has not played out in as compelling a fashion as it could because of the impatience of the writers?

  9. #4349
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,194

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    I found the whole show just blah. I think they need to bring in more of the interns other than Merideth's sister to create some better storylines. I feel so burnt out on all of them at this point. It's obvious each episode and I don't like obvious.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  10. #4350
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,151

    Re: Grey's Anatomy

    It is unfortunate that the writers feel that what we want is sexual tension - because I as a viewer do not appreciate every relationship being seesaw.

    I do not like Izzy and George together - that to me is unbelievable. They just look like friends not lovers. I was supportive of George and Cally, but whatever. I hate Mer/Der back and forth - so go ahead and kill the relationship or make it permanent. Either Meridith grows up and evolves or she doesn't but this is 3 years still in up and down and that is enough for me to stop watching the show.

    I am sorry, but if I am finding that back/forth relationship annoying, then it isn't worth my time to enjoy the other aspects of the show. I doubt there is longevity in Der/Rose; but I would not appreciate a seesaw relationship there either.

    If they provide one good relationship, sort of a stable influence (I do not mean George/Izzy)- I may continue with the show.

    I don't want to offend anyone, but I glad the writer's are on strike since it means I will not see/endure any further storyline on this show for awhile.
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 01-11-2008 at 04:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.