+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Happy relationships are not entertaining.
    I really liked last night's episode and am actually content with how Izzie's and George's relationship was ended. At least the special friendship they have won't be broken.
    I love what George told the white supremacist and am happy that Mer finally found some character (Dr. Hann, shut up )

FORT Fogey

Relationships that survive make for boring TV - not enough drama.

I think the week between episodes hurt this one a little bit. During the dramatic arch when all the cases were in surgery, I lost track a bit of which storyline was which. I still don't remember much of the background behind Derek's brain patient. Was it a tumor? Was he part of the accident?

The scene where Bailey was talking about vows was brillant. My heart broke for her, and at the same time, and at the same time, I was laughing out loud at the whole situation. And I adored George when he gave his speech to the white supremecist paramedic!

I did think they did a good job with the patient storylines. You just knew someone had to die, but had no idea which it would be. I liked the character, but I was kind of relieved it was Seth Green's character who did die. It was feeling like they were going down the road of putting him and Lexie together like Izzy and Denny, and I did NOT want to go there!

Lastly, Rebecca / Eva is a nutjob. If she never returns, I'd be okay with that.

ETA: I almost forgot -- I LOVED the trio of Hahn, Sloan, and Callie. I hope they let the three of them bond some more - as friends and only friends. That was a fun scene.

I wonder what McDreamy will say to Meredith now that she is finally ready to start committing to him. I kind of hope he will say 'too late'. It is time to do something different with those two, since this has drug on for so long. Meredith has screwed around with his head and he needs to go find someone who will give him the commitment he wants. As for the George and Lizzie thing, please stop trying to make them a couple!!!! Be kind to the viewers and end it! Whoever thought this was a good idea for a story line should be fired. As for Bailey, I hope she makes it with her husband. She is one of my favorites and really the only one who isn't distracted by drama--the only one I'd let operate on me if this were a real hospital. Her husband should be more understanding. He knew she is a surgeon, and I am sure he knew good and well it would take long hours and he did agree to stay home with the kid. He knew that she would not be home a lot. What is she supposed to do--walk out of an operation to have lunch with him? Or if there is an emergency surgery where someone is bleeding out, tell them to put a finger in the artery and call someone else? He is just not being realistic.

I definitely agree that the Rebecca/Eva is a nutjob. She would do good to never return. i was kind of hoping Lexie would walk in on them and slap her. I also am glad that they didn't go there with Seth Green and Lexie. I do like what George said to the white supremicist. It is so true. Hahn/Sloan/Callie crack me up. I love them together.

[QUOTE=Veruka;2709740;]Relationships that survive make for boring TV - not enough drama.

I think the week between episodes hurt this one a little bit. During the dramatic arch when all the cases were in surgery, I lost track a bit of which storyline was which. I still don't remember much of the background behind Derek's brain patient. Was it a tumor? Was he part of the accident?
    QUOTE]
    Derek's brain patient was the driver of the ambulance that crashed into the other one. She had a seizure, but no history of them, so it was unexpected. It turned out she had a brain tumour, which led to the operation. The white supremicist was her partner.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2709751;
    Derek's brain patient was the driver of the ambulance that crashed into the other one. She had a seizure, but no history of them, so it was unexpected. It turned out she had a brain tumour, which led to the operation. The white supremicist was her partner.
    Now I remember that, thank you!

On Bailey and her husband -- That's one of those storylines where I can definitely see both sides of the argument. Bailey's has been well represented on the show. As for her husband, they've been together for long enough that I can definitely see where he's spent all kinds of time thinking "Once she gets through X, it'll be easier ... once she gets through med school she'll have more time for me ... once she gets through the intern year she'll have more control of her time ... when the baby is born she's going to find ways to be home more ..." Instead, he's seen it get worse an worse with each step. Further, the new demands on her time, as chief resident, are demands that she sought rather than being the standard demands of her time. Isn't he just having the same sort of reaction that the chief's wife had? While I understand the reality of life for Bailey or the chief, I can also understand where the feelings of frustration and neglect would come from for the spouses.

We were just talking about where good drama comes from on the show. To me, those kind of conflicts where both sides are right make for some pretty good drama. I thought that seeing Bailey say that at this point it was easier to stay at the hospital than to go home was one of the first signs of weakness we've ever seen in her. She was beaten down. Then, when Christina said what she said (and even though it was a tough moment on Bailey, it was fair for Christina to feel that way) Bailey realized its no easier to be at the hospital than it is at home. I like where they're going with that storyline. Bailey is struggling to have it all, and is discovering how hard it is when you don't want to sacrifice any of it.

LG.

I really liked that Christina gave Lexie props for jumping in and trying to save artery boy and told Lexie that she did a good job even though he died. Every time I see him, I think "he's Scott Evil". I loved that Christina brought Lexie home with her to drink and dance with Meredith, without asking Meredith's "permission" and without Meredith ripping Christina a new one about she's not welcome at my house. Christina could have invited Lexie over to her apartment that she shares with Callie now, but it was good that she brought her over to bond with Meredith over a bottle a booze (and their shared father is an alcoholic, hello), but I did like their dancing. Not quite as cool as Elaine's "kicky dance" from Seinfeld, but what is? The whole spending time with Lexie fit in nicely to what Meredith was telling the dead paramedic's wife, that being with someone who needs you is better than you both being alone, even if it hurts.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2709740;
    I think the week between episodes hurt this one a little bit. During the dramatic arch when all the cases were in surgery, I lost track a bit of which storyline was which.
    I think the week between was a bad move too. Particularly since there was so much going on, continuity would have been very beneficial. Essentially there were 5 different major cases happening in the mix of all the personal drama. That's a lot to follow for 2+ weeks.

While I see Bailey's husband side of it, I kept wanting to yell at him 'what if when you came in the day that Bailey was having your kid and you almost died, your doctor had said 'sorry, I have to go to lunch now, let him be'..how would you have liked that Tucker!' I think him being on the patient side of it as dramatically as he was would have given him a smidge more insight and patience.
    Wag more, bark less

Alex's genitalia apparently has no memory and no loyalty.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Best episode I've seen in a long time!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread