+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2671814;
    ...Man did I feel for Baily last night. I, too, was that girl in high school that guys like Marcus wouldn't have even considered looking at much less asking to the prom...
    me too .. i found myself crying at that scene.

and then listening to derrick describe what a dork he was in high school? i kept picturing donald in "can't buy me love'!
    Last edited by barefootdyke; 11-22-2007 at 12:57 PM.

I just love Seth Green! And can I say how I hate two parter episodes?
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

elk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2687987;
    I just love Seth Green! And can I say how I hate two parter episodes?
    Was last night's episode a new one?
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Yes, elk, it was!! And a goodie at that!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

One thing I just don't understand: the white supremacist's partner is/seemed African-American, yet, from what we saw, he seemed to care and respect her as a person. Why is he so adamant about having a "white" person take care of him, then?

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2688185;
    One thing I just don't understand: the white supremacist's partner is/seemed African-American, yet, from what we saw, he seemed to care and respect her as a person. Why is he so adamant about having a "white" person take care of him, then?
    He made it sound, when he was talking to Christina, that he was embarassed at having Bailey/Chief see the tattoo, but I'm not so sure anymore.

Last night's episode was intense. I really enjoyed it as it was better than we've been seeing lately. The whole Ava/Lexie thing was a little strange, though. Honestly, how would he sneak Ava in the gallery? She seems way too needy for someone like Alex (read: JERK). Seth Green was great, too! Meredith breaking down when the paramedic was dying rang very true for me. Loved that the Cheif was there to support her and walk her through the experience. Not sure I'm liking the Derek/Rose storyline at this point. It was disappointing that Meredith didn't have the nerve to follow through with telling Derek that she didn't like him "dating" other women. I hope that she gets the nerve to tell him soon.

The dancing at the beginning was great, too! Very "season 1"!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that he, possibly, gave the black girl something that caused the seizure. I am really smelling a rat here.

And I've always wanted Meredith to have the spine to just walk away from Derek. I think she'd feel so much better about herself. There is nothing like being in the "driver's seat". She is such an over-cooked noodle.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by YummyMummy;2688217;
    Last night's episode was intense. I really enjoyed it as it was better than we've been seeing lately. The whole Ava/Lexie thing was a little strange, though. Honestly, how would he sneak Ava in the gallery? She seems way too needy for someone like Alex (read: JERK).
    The Ava Parade of Complete, Utter Desperation continues. I was wondering, first of all, how she managed to get back into where he was working without someone asking why she was there, or any of that. As for sneaking her into the gallery, I thought it seemed like he was trying to get rid of her (with his whole I'm busy/I made time for you WHEN you were a patient thing) and then - surprise! - she wouldn't take no for an answer, so rather than actually confront her and say that he isn't interested/sees no future/however he wants to let her down easy, he avoided the whole thing by yielding to her request. The path of least resistance.

I think, or maybe hope, that he feels more of a connection with Lexie, what with the similarities in their pasts. If that's true, I could see Lexie's anger providing him with the motivation he needs to get rid of Ava.

Seriously though, how did she not get it the first two times? She's putting forth a hell of a lot of effort in pursuit of someone who's given her basically nothing in return.

Thus far, I think this season's a lot better than last, but last season still colors my perception of the quality of the episodes. I think that if we hadn't suffered through the general ridiculousness of last season, I would take things like Izzie and the deer in this year's premiere with the grain of salt- it's not as though S1 and S2 didn't have the occasional outlandish episode/patient/arc. This year, I'm more concerned that they're a harbinger of things to come. Fortunately, it really does seem like the old Grey's is back.. I just wish I wasn't waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2688298;
    I think that he, possibly, gave the black girl something that caused the seizure. I am really smelling a rat here.
    She has a tumour in her brain that was causing the seizures. I agree with you on thinking he's a rat. He should be more understanding!! (Okay so maybe his playing Brian in Queer as Folk makes me say that). But when I saw him, I recognized him as Brian.

Good episode and next week looks really good too. I just hope it isn't a let down to the build up.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2688555;
    (Okay so maybe his playing Brian in Queer as Folk makes me say that). But when I saw him, I recognized him as Brian.
    me too!!! as soon as i saw him i squealed THAT'S BRIAN!!!

+ Reply to Thread