+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

As for Ava, I really hope they get rid of her soon. Desperation really isn't an attractive quality, and with each time she returns to see Alex, she becomes more and more.. tragic, I guess, or pathetic. She knew that much of the time she was there, he was attracted to Addison. She's asked him for a reason to stay twice now, and he's either failed to come after her or failed to put in enough effort to find her. If he really felt that much for her, and wanted her badly enough, he would try. Instead, he's moved on very quickly, into a relationship in which the success or failure would have more of an impact on his personal life, since Lexie is Meredith's sister/a coworker. He may have claimed to miss Ava in the premiere (although based on the relative levels of chemistry last season, I felt like him missing Addison would have made more sense, but anyway), but if he missed her that much, why wouldn't he either try to get it back, or use the opportunity he was recently given? Her advances have been met with a healthy dose of apathy-- I just can't imagine going back for more.

I think that Alex and Lexie have some shared experiences that will make it easier for the two to identify with each other. I kind of like them, so far at least.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Finally watched last weeks episode. Wow.....love the fact that Bailey finally got Chief Resident. It should have went to her to begin with. Loved her response to it also.

And the way the Chief finally pieced it together was funny. It took a comment from Derek for him to realize what was going on.

God...please just stop the George/Izzie storyline already. THERE IS NO CHEMISTRY.

Alex handled the situation with Lexie and the drunk father perfect. I think this will bring them closer together.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2658635;
    OOopsy! I mean Lexi there. Meredith allows Lexi to exist....

And I feel really bad for Mer and Lexi's Dad becoming an alcoholic. Alex handled that really well.
    I didn't get the impression that his being an alcoholic was a recent thing. When Meredith said something to Lexi about the fact that he had chosen Lexi and her sisters over Meredith, didn't Lexi make some comment that indicated growing up with him hadn't been such a great deal? I thought at that time that she alluded to him having a drinking problem or something like that. Whatever was said made me not surprised when he turned out to be drunk.

For everyone who wants the George/Izzy storyline to be over, I think it almost is, and I think they've done a good job of taking them through a not-jumpy way of getting that whole thing back on track and out of romance territory without making it look rushed. The way it's happened creates room for lots of new dynamics.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2669041;
    I didn't get the impression that his being an alcoholic was a recent thing. When Meredith said something to Lexi about the fact that he had chosen Lexi and her sisters over Meredith, didn't Lexi make some comment that indicated growing up with him hadn't been such a great deal? I thought at that time that she alluded to him having a drinking problem or something like that. Whatever was said made me not surprised when he turned out to be drunk.

For everyone who wants the George/Izzy storyline to be over, I think it almost is, and I think they've done a good job of taking them through a not-jumpy way of getting that whole thing back on track and out of romance territory without making it look rushed. The way it's happened creates room for lots of new dynamics.

I agree about getting the impression Meredith's dad wasn't always the great father she thought he'd have been.

As for your second point, they certainly did a good job of making the progress back from relationship a good one. Now why couldn't they have done the reverse last season?! Had they done that, there wouldn't be the need for this. I still haven't forgiven Shonda!:nono

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2669055;
    I agree about getting the impression Meredith's dad wasn't always the great father she thought he'd have been.

As for your second point, they certainly did a good job of making the progress back from relationship a good one. Now why couldn't they have done the reverse last season?! Had they done that, there wouldn't be the need for this. I still haven't forgiven Shonda!:nono
    Yeah, I don't know what she was thinking to put them together in the first place. It was a definite brain cramp.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

LG.

I too thought that we'd known from before that Lexi's dad was a drunk. I'm not sure if it was mentioned last season or if it came up when Lexi was talking to someone (was it George?) her first day as an intern when she said that going to work at Seattle Grace wasn't her first choice either. That she was going to go to some other hospital across the country, but then her mom died and her dad climbed into a bottle and her sister wasn't available to help out because she's dealing with a new baby, so now Lexi is doomed to stick around Seattle and babysit her drunk dad and work at a hospital where her half-sister treats her like crap, thinking she was the "lucky one."

I feel for Lexi and Meredith is a self-centered witch to treat her like crap when none of it was Lexi's doing. Be mad at your dad. Why not? He's the wimp who didn't fight to stay in Meredith's life and he's the wimp whose way of dealing with loss is to drink himself into oblivion. Not Lexi's fault.

I think Meredith will figure some of this out and cut Lexi some slack at some point. Maybe Alex will be the one to help Meredith extract her head from her a$$.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Oy! I find Lexie so awkward and irritating, and irritatinglly awkward. Thatcher, annoying.
    What's her face, the new surgeon? annoying as well. Not rubbing me well. Bailey, she better get an emmy next year. I find her to be the best in the lot. Also, Shepperd, if you're seriously on the prowl, stop messing with Meredith.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Anyone have any speculation about next episode? SOmething about hitting this close to home (which tells me that someone from SG will get hurt) and then Baily saying "Tell them to stop" and then Merideth saying "You are not going to die." Last night's was pretty good. Except with the kid with the pencil in his eye. Man did I feel for Baily last night. I, too, was that girl in high school that guys like Marcus wouldn't have even considered looking at much less asking to the prom. I actually asked a male friend of mine to my prom. The night was fine except he danced to only one song and just sat there the rest of the night. I wish I could do it over. But I really sympathized with what Baily was saying.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

I have to say the way things are developing with Meredith and Derek is really really growing on me. When their relationship began, it was very much about physical attraction. They convinced themselves there was more, but never bothered to let that develop. That's why when they wentthrough all the Addison stuff, they couldn't make it through.

Now, they're stepping back and letting things develop. They're both learning why the other is so important. They're letting the friendship part of their relationship develop. Only they're doing so without realizing that is what they're doing, so there's not the pressure on the relationship that there would be otherwise.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I cannot stand Hahn. She is grating on my last nerve. She is so rude and inconsiderate.

Meredith really annoyed me yesterday too. While I don't like Lexi that much, it is not her fault that Thatcher didn't fight for Meredith. Stop blaming that girl and get on with your life. Give her a chance. Glad Lexi finally stood up to her at the end.

Bailey makes the show. Absolutely love her.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread