+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2610370;
    I thought at first maybe what Alex was doing was for George's own benefit, but that smirk and that look in his eyes after he told them about George left no doubt in my mind that he was only doing it for himself. I really wish that they wouldn't mess around with things like that. I mean, you don't always have to have a self-serving jerk character! I was loving the nicer Alex.
    As I see it, here's the big question -- When Alex was being so kind in taking care of a baby, or was so taken by the story of the mystery woman (whose name escapes me right now) had he really turned over a new leaf? Or was he still the self-serving jerk?

As I said earlier, I think its evident that Alex has a great deal of compassion for those who in his eyes aren't strong enough to do it for themselves. But he has virtually no compassion for those who in his eyes can do better then they're doing. So when we see one or the other side of him, I think its more a matter of the circumstance than it is a big change in the dynamic of the character.

I agree with you to a point. I still can't get over the smug self-serving smirk he had on his face when he did rat out George. I just like sensitive Alex more. Plus he's looking good especially in comparison to the beginning of the season.

Veruka: You hit the nail on the head about George and Callie. I wanted to see more of their relationship; doomed or not. And I STILL do not believe that George and Izzy are in love! Having a drunken one night stand I could see, but to me it's out of character for both. Big Mistake by the writers.

I'm still loving Alex. He's become a great character with both light and dark sides. You never know what to expect.

Love that Bailey is going to work with Callie. They could make a ferocious team!!

I also liked that the Chief and McDreamy got yelled at by George about the tongue cancer operation. They let their egos get way in front of the patient's well-being. (Did I get those surgeons correct?)
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2613493;
    I also liked that the Chief and McDreamy got yelled at by George about the tongue cancer operation. They let their egos get way in front of the patient's well-being. (Did I get those surgeons correct?)
    Actually it was McDreamy that yelled at the Chief and McSteamy. George did kind of give both of them a look when they were discussing it. Kind of like, you guys have never done this, do you really want to try it now?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Derek annoyed me, Lexie annoyed me, Izzie annoyed me, George annoyed me and on and on and on. This episode had its moments, but man I was too annoyed with the majority of the characters most of the time. Except Norman, love his trying to be not "uncool".

FORT Fogey

I was rather happy with some of the surprises they threw our way. I really liked the way they handled Callie -- her blow up at Izzy ALMOST made up for all of the Izzy/George mess they've been forcing us through. And I LOVED Alex's responses to Izzy. It was a nice surprise to see that he was hurt by Izzy's rejection. And even through everything on paper about the "I'm going to wait" scene from Derek should have annoyed me, I kind of liked it. Idon't think I'll be happy with the way they continue it, but I liked that scene.

Sara Ramirez made the show for me this week. Her scenes were brilliant.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey

It would make me very happy if the writers saw the light and wrote each episode for Sara Ramirez and Chandra Wilson to be duking it out for the Emmy each year.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2619365;
    I was rather happy with some of the surprises they threw our way. I really liked the way they handled Callie -- her blow up at Izzy ALMOST made up for all of the Izzy/George mess they've been forcing us through. And I LOVED Alex's responses to Izzy. It was a nice surprise to see that he was hurt by Izzy's rejection.
    Those were two of my favourite scenes of the episode. The realization in Callie's eyes that she should have wanted to kick Izzy's butt was perfectly played.

FORT Fogey

She was just outstanding in the cafeteria scene. The way it was written and built up, you didn't even appreciate as a viewer just how disrepectful Izzy was being to her until you saw her reaction. The anger made total sense as a viewer. But she laid out the disrespect and hopelessness masterfully.

+ Reply to Thread