+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 735 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142542 ... LastLast
Like Tree742Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by guide54
    I don't know - I think maybe he did pick her but then the emotional overtones of that case got to him and he changed his mind - decided he couldn't make that final cut.
    I didn't think about that. Seeing the girl get all emotional about Danny. When he had to tell Danny what she said.

I was wondering why he went in to the bar though. Now it makes sense that he changed his mind.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs
    Is it normal to cry so much while watching a tv show?

That being said it was a great epsiode tonight and I am so glad McDreamy did not pick Meredith.
    I cry at EVERY Grey's Anatomy show.
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

Quote Originally Posted by madonniac
    I was wondering why he went in to the bar though. Now it makes sense that he changed his mind.
    I watched this show with a friend that is much more into it than I am. She felt that McDreamy had made his choice for the woman waiting at the bar. I guessed that he was just manning up and delivering his rejection in person. I saw nothing on the show that changed my mind, but if I'm right I hope he was planning on a less brusque delivery than the one he offered up while scrubbing.

This show, or at the very least this episode is far superior to what I expected from this program. I imagine I'll watch more frequently in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I watched this show with a friend that is much more into it than I am. She felt that McDreamy had made his choice for the woman waiting at the bar. I guessed that he was just manning up and delivering his rejection in person. I saw nothing on the show that changed my mind, but if I'm right I hope he was planning on a less brusque delivery than the one he offered up while scrubbing.

This show, or at the very least this episode is far superior to what I expected from this program. I imagine I'll watch more frequently in the future.
    Welcome to the club, Leftcoaster.

I thought the same as you... that Derek was manning up (I thought of it in that terminology, too. ) and delivering his rejection in person. I think he had already made his emotional decision based upon last week's comments and he was going to break it to her gently. The scene with him telling the victim's boyfriend of her comments (and weren't they a bit embellished) just sealed the deal.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

There were so many things that made me sob like a baby this time around. Scene #1 When they had to explain to the girl that she could die once they remove her from the pole. (Who was Danny to her, anyway? And if it was a boyfriend or husband, then who was the black guy to her?) Scene #2 Merideth's emotional plea to keep trying to save the girl when she crashed and they all went over to work on the guy who also crashed. "What about her? We can't just abandon her! We have an obligation!" Scene #3 When Dr. McDreamy actually started crying in the elevator with Bailey and she just pushed the alarm button to stop the elevator so he could regain his composure. And when he had to tell Danny that she was gone. What was it that he told him? It sounded like he said "She wanted me to tell you that if love were enough, she would've stayed here with you." Am I right?
    All in all a very moving episode. I kind of don't understand why Christina was so mad at Alex though after he found the right leg and went in to assist. She screwed it up. She voiced her concern over finding the right leg to Merideth and Alex. I feel like he was trying to help her out. Am I wrong?
    I've never seen Alex get that worked up before. When that woman died, that was bad. He shouldn't be held responsible though. Just minutes before, the woman was sitting up talking on her cell phone and mouthing off to Alex. How would he have known that something was wrong?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    (Who was Danny to her, anyway? And if it was a boyfriend or husband, then who was the black guy to her?)
    nilesgirl.... the man was just another passenger on the train. They even talked about the fact that they didn't even meet until they were put in such a compromising position. I loved their sense of humor about it all.. made it all the more touching.

I kind of don't understand why Christina was so mad at Alex though after he found the right leg and went in to assist. She screwed it up. She voiced her concern over finding the right leg to Merideth and Alex. I feel like he was trying to help her out. Am I wrong?
    If he were trying to help her out, he would have given the leg to her so she could go back into surgery and redeem herself to the Chief. He knew she was in trouble and her butt was on the line...
    Last edited by Broadway; 10-31-2005 at 10:50 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

(Who was Danny to her, anyway? And if it was a boyfriend or husband?

I believe it was said that Danny was her fiance

Thanks for clearing it up for me.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

And when he had to tell Danny that she was gone. What was it that he told him? It sounded like he said "She wanted me to tell you that if love were enough, she would've stayed here with you." Am I right?
    I think he said "If Love were enough, then she'd still be here"

All in all a very moving episode. I kind of don't understand why Christina was so mad at Alex though after he found the right leg and went in to assist. She screwed it up. She voiced her concern over finding the right leg to Merideth and Alex. I feel like he was trying to help her out. Am I wrong?
    I don't think Alex knew about Christina's looking for the leg but when they brought it in, they must have told him at that point. Then he took the "credit" by being able to help the Chief. It doesn't look good for Christina to not have found the right one. no pun intended

ETA: i see many people answered nilegirl. i was working on my post and didn't see the responses.

I've officially arrived at the point where Bailey is one of my favorite characters. The looks on all the interns faces when she showed up for the trainwreck all dressed up was priceless. So was her muttering ten years of marriage and I don't even get to finish my lobster. I also love her reaction in the previews when she figures out about Burke and Christina.

+ Reply to Thread