+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2601672;
    I think they are half sisters, no? Not step? Don't they share a dad?
    Half sisters, sorry. I got confused with the terminology.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2601804;
    Half sisters, sorry. I got confused with the terminology.
    Hey, on soaps, day or night, you've gotta master that, so you know what's incest and what isn't! For example, on Cane, the Smits character was semi-adopted into the family and married his "sister".

I feel like I'm watching this show out of loyalty and not because I'm enthusiastic about it. The whole Denny plot was the death of this show. I'm wondering why Izzie is even on the show. It seems like Shonda is writing the worst storylines for her.

I don't mind the love plots that arc the overall show but I'd really like to see the show get back to the witty and funny dialog that graced us the first two seasons. Would it be impossible to have just one show where everyone was happy? I feel so depressed after watching this show.

And since I'm on a total rant, can we end the Callie as chief resident gig?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2602739;
    I don't mind the love plots that arc the overall show but I'd really like to see the show get back to the witty and funny dialog that graced us the first two seasons. Would it be impossible to have just one show where everyone was happy? I feel so depressed after watching this show.

And since I'm on a total rant, can we end the Callie as chief resident gig?
    You got it exactly. I used to feel good after watching this show but now I feel sad or depressed. It's not a nice feeling. I don't need feel good all the time but there's no good feelings at all anymore.

My friends and I have a bet about how much more Callie can mess up.

I am afraid I agree with many of you. This used to be my favorite show. I still like Meredith and Derrick together, even if she is screwed up and doesn't know what she wants. After what he did to her with his ex, he deserves to eat a little crow. However, I cannot imagine an actual doctor being as overly emotional and klutzy as Izzy. She irritates the hell out of me. Plus this whole stupid stupid romance between Izzy and George - they have NO chemistry together (but then he has had no chemistry with any of the women they have teamed him with . . he is hardly what I would call sexy). For that particular attribute, what's wrong with having McSteamy fall really hard for some woman and get another romantic arc going. I also feel like I am just watching out of loyalty rather than real interest.

FORT Regular

I told my mom this show is going the way of ER in terms of ridiculous storylines for the patients. The depressing feeling is also a similarity. Only it took ER something like ten seasons to get to that point before I quit watching it!
    Analisa, Mama to Meg 12/12/01, Patrick 12/24/03, Catherine 12/24/03, Ben 2/26/06

Lovin' TAR, AI, DWTS, & TC!

FORT Fogey

Aname, i so agree with you. There is just no chemistry with any of the female, the character george is put up with and that was before i knew george in real life is gay. Maybe they should make a twist there, george is gay perhaps

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00;2605277;
    Aname, i so agree with you. There is just no chemistry with any of the female, the character george is put up with and that was before i knew george in real life is gay. Maybe they should make a twist there, george is gay perhaps
    In the beginning, I thought he really had chemistry with Callie, but they killed that with the whole Izzy thing. All of the women in the group definitely treat him more like a brother than anyone they'd be physically attracted to, so it doesn't make any sense when they then try to create a physical attraction to him. With Callie, it worked, because he went through so many "I've never had anyone look at me this way" feelings of akwardness. But they can't have it both ways making him every woman's pal AND the stud of the hospital.

I have to admit that knowing TR Knight is gay made his character being so attractive to women very unrealistic. But even if I didn't know that, I still would find him more of a little nebbish of a guy, kind of a sad sack and certainly not a stud by any stretch of the imagination. I agree that he was better with Callie. They were both sort of misfits in the romance department and thus rather suited to one another. With Izzy the romance is just ridiculous.

FORT Fogey

I think I'd buy the Izzy thing more if she were more manipulative about it. They hinted at that, but then they backed away. I could see Izzy being jealous of her best friend having someone more important in his life now, and doing what she can do to destruct that and have him back as her best friend. But when they try to paint it as true love, I neither buy it nor root for it.

+ Reply to Thread