+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I'm giving Shonda the benefit of the doubt that she will stick to her word that the George/Izzie romance will go away. I'm willing to give her the time to resolve it. Remember, she really wanted the fans to be on board with the idea and she found out pretty quickly that most of us hated them together. So now she has to figure out how to undo her awful idea. I'm sure she already has a plan but it will take a little time. And Izzie being seen as a dud by her interns, yep, I see her that way too. Does Shonda really not realize how awful Izzie has been written the past two seasons, or is she writing her that way on purpose?

I was really wrong about Lexie (happily wrong). I thought she'd be brought on as a sneaky and conniving person and totally hating Meredith and blaming her for her mother's death. But instead she's desparately seeking attention from Meredith. Also interesting that the older sister Molly knew about Meredith for quite a long time but Lexie only just found out about her a couple of month's ago. I thought when Meredith's step-mom was befriending her, she probably talked about it with her own daughters. I guess not.

I'm a little tired of Meredith and her attitude. When Lexie came up to her at the end and wanted to speak to her, and Derrick was also calling her (reminiscent of the whole season ender with the vet), she just looked at Lexie and turned her back. Is she going to play dark and twisty and brooding forever? Couldn't she have thrown the girl a crumb and at least said "not now."

I was sad to hear that the Chief still hasn't been allowed to move back home. I thought they were on the way to reconciling but maybe not. But I guess in Grey's time, it's only been about three weeks?

I'm hoping this is the season I start to like George. New, confident George will be such an improvemnt to me. I know, most of you love him and I'm in the minority with thinking he's a dweeb. Don't hurt me . And all the interns thinking how spectacular it was for him to delivery a baby on his "first day", I was like, really, delivering a baby is considered the coolest thing? Not sewing back on a severed arm or reattaching a guys head to his neck?? Not that I don't think childbirth isn't a wonderful thing but the way they oohed and aahed over it was a little over the top imo.

I'm so glad this show is back though!
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 09-29-2007 at 07:31 AM.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2591722;
    New, confident George will be such an improvemnt to me. I know, most of you love him and I'm in the minority with thinking he's a dweeb. Don't hurt me . And all the interns thinking how spectacular it was for him to delivery a baby on his "first day", I was like, really, delivering a baby is considered the coolest thing? Not sewing back on a severed arm or reattaching a guys head to his neck?? Not that I don't think childbirth isn't a wonderful thing but the way they oohed and aahed over it was a little over the top imo.
    I totally agree! I can't stand George most of the time. I've wanted to like him, but he (like Izzie) has become so unlikeable! Also, I thought it was odd that the only intern who knew he was a repeat offender was Lexie (he told her, right?). If they knew that Izzie had killed a patient, I think that office gossip would've been ablaze that he was doing his first year again. I suspect that in future episodes, more of them will find this out.

ugh I can't stand Izzie, the whole Bambi incident was way out in left field, like the writers couldn't think of a better way for her to show her compassionate side. ridiculous.

George is irritating but I want to see more of this dark side. I'm having a hard time with his wife being so knowingly blind, I liked her in the beginning when she wasn't so vulnerable, I want her to kick george to the curb in a hard, cruel, embarassing way and watch George harden up and eventually they get back together. That would be a satisfying season for me.

I'm also done with Meredith's sad...sad...poor me... give ME McDreamy, you won't hear me complain
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

You know what's especially scary about the (poor) writing in this episode? Shonda wrote it! The creator/showrunner! She hasn't written a decent episode all year! (ferry boat, two hour May debacle, finale I think, Private Practice premiere-terrible writing at its finest, and this)

I'd venture to say that the success of this show got to her head. She had relatively few credits of any sort before becoming showrunner, and once Grey's exploded into the ratings machine that it was post-Superbowl-episode, that seems like the turning point-- the patients got more drama-inducing, arcane, outlandish, or, in the case of the deer, just plain stupid, the characters have become increasingly self-destructive... in short, I think they've been trying to match the level of drama of the Superbowl episode, which they can't maintain, and in the process, they lost sight of some of the elements of a well-crafted story.

Just my two cents, but I'd be expecting a hell of a lot more from the showrunner herself. A staff newbie, maybe, but the showrunner? Please.

I honestly have no hope or investment in Shonda anymore. She's let me down as a viewer far too many times to count. Honestly, if something isn't done to change the show soon, I really see this being cancelled next year.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2591722;

I was sad to hear that the Chief still hasn't been allowed to move back home. I thought they were on the way to reconciling but maybe not. But I guess in Grey's time, it's only been about three weeks?
    There was a quick line in the beginning which said it had been 17 days since Christina's wedding was called off. I thought that in some scenes, it really felt like Grey's was back. I loved all the quick banter - things like George coming in to the hallway conversation and Christina giving the quick recap. Other things, such as Izzy and the stupid deer, were way too stupid for me.

I had looked so forward to Thursday night and to have them ruin it by putting George and Izzie together - YUCK, YUCK, YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even watch it. I'm sort of over the whole thing now. It was good, then it just got to be too much to see the whole I love you, I don't love you, I love you, I don't love you stuff.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

LOL, I must be in the minority here, but I like George and Izzie together. I think that they really do love each other and are compatiable in so many different ways. I don't think that George is happy in his marriage and married the wrong person because he was so caught up grieving for his father.

Lexie annoys the heck out of me. I don't know what it is, just something about her. I have a feeling that those interns are going to annoy me for the rest of the season.

I also agree with the other poster who said all of the ohhhing and ahhing over George delivering a baby was a bit much. I just don't know if I believe interns would act like that. Overall, I thought it was a good episode and I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Premium Member

I still haven't adjusted to George and Lizzie being in love. Guess it was drilled into my head for so long that George was never going to get over Meredith, or that he really, truly loved Callie enough to marry her, that for me, this George/Lizzie thing has shown absolutely no spark - I've felt nothing between them.

Oh, and I think the reason the other interns were supposed to be so impressed with George delivering a baby thing is because none of them participated in anything - they didn't actually help with the severed arm, etc. - they might have observed things during their first day, whereas George actually got in on the action and did something.

But seriously, I hope George doesn't continue to follow Lexie's lead and try to play off like this is his first day as an intern - of course it will get out that he is repeating, sheesh. Too predictable how it will play out.

I cannot believe they actually had Lizzie trying to rescue a deer. *shakes head in disbelief*

+ Reply to Thread