+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I'm sad to see Merrin go, but I do love Audra McDonald. I'd rather see her in something that allows her to show off her beautiful singing voice, but I'm more likely to watch Private Practice now that she's on it.

IW needs to shut up and go away for a while. He's doing serious damage to his career every time he opens his mouth. It doesn't matter at this point who was right and who was wrong. The fact that he's continuing to dredge things up in the press and trying to blame other people smacks of a lack of professionalism. No producer is going to want to deal with someone who has the potential to be a problem. He needs to understand that, sometimes, it's about being the bigger person and letting things go.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Interesting that IW didn't say "I"m not your n_____r", meaning slave (as opposed to one of its many other meanings), which would have fit the context much better.... as long as he was slinging unmentionable words around.
    His definition of f____t is pretty insulting by itself. Really, he just digs a deeper and deeper hole. He did use the word even if not about the actor he was alleged to have used it about, and clearly doesn't seem to see anything much wrong with having used it.
    But on the other hand it does sound as if the situation may have been somewhat misrepresented. And on the 3rd hand, if IW could just keep his mouth shut it might just go away.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think this unfortunate incident will always follow IW, until the end of his days. When his name is mentioned, it will eventually be followed by a line that will say something to the effect of his career being negatively affected by his use of the 'f-word' regarding one of his castmates on Grey's Anatomy, followed by a physical altercation with another castmate.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't know what happened in the original altercation, and Isaiah Washington may well be telling a version of things that is the truth as he saw it.

I don't know that the original situation may not have merited dismissal, but he still clearly doesn't get the implications of what he said and why it's offensive. His new and improved definition of the f----- word, for example. Like calling someone a wussy boy isn't pretty much the same as calling them gay and implying that there is something wrong with that.

Nice to know, though that he softened things by throwing it in there with a few anti-woman words (like b---- and p----) to make it less offensive. Well actually, all three words are anti-woman (if you use Isaiah's new definition), since calling someone a wussy boy is essentially calling him a girl and meaning it as a huge insult.

So in describing his "kinder gentler" use of f----- and fleshing out what he said, he's now not only pissed off the gay population, but us women as well.

Essentially, he told Patrick Dempsey, "You can't treat me like you'd treat women (those whores) or some girlie man. I deserve to be treated with respect!" Someone needs to take his shovel away from him. Now!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2460380;

Nice to know, though that he softened things by throwing it in there with a few anti-woman words (like b---- and p----) to make it less offensive. Well actually, all three words are anti-woman (if you use Isaiah's new definition), since calling someone a wussy boy is essentially calling him a girl and meaning it as a huge insult.

So in describing his "kinder gentler" use of f----- and fleshing out what he said, he's now not only pissed off the gay population, but us women as well.

Essentially, he told Patrick Dempsey, "You can't treat me like you'd treat women (those whores) or some girlie man. I deserve to be treated with respect!" Someone needs to take his shovel away from him. Now!
    I like this analysis. Maybe he isn't ant-gay. He's a misogynist.

Does anyone know if full episodes of season 3 are available online? I know that ABC has them but you have to live in the U.S. to access them and I live in Canada. Is there a fan web site that uploaded them?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by laura000;2461061;
    Is there a fan web site that uploaded them?
    Wouldn't that be illegal?

laura have you tried the CTV website?? They have been sharing a lot of the prime time shows in their on demand section.

rt1ky I know where you're coming from (and John too) but I don't think that something that is offered for free - to anyone with a tv set falls under the same rules ... or shouldn't anyway... as something that must be bought and paid for.
    Last edited by Duxxy; 07-05-2007 at 11:49 PM.

LG.

actually the FORT's official policy about downloading of copyrighted materials is located in the site's FAQ and members agreed to it when joining:
    Downloading episodes and on-line content
    Broadcast shows, believe it or not, are copyrighted material. We here at Fans of Reality TV adhere to that reality, and therefore we do not condone or allow the downloading of episodes off the internet, an FTP location, another site, or using one of the popular file-sharing utilities out there.
    If you want to send someone a tape, you may do so at cost for shipping and materials. You may not direct someone to a location on-line where they may download the episode, and you may not sell those tapes for profit on our site, even privately.

If we receive reports that a member is soliciting profit for tapes, we will take appropriate action, up to and including removal from our site. It's illegal, and we won't allow it on our site.

Additionally, we don't allow linking to sites that host video clips or entire episodes. This includes YouTube, Google Video, etc. Please note that official network video, such as InnerTube, is allowable.
    You can find thins and other policies in the FAQ tab. Ah yes, somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, I remember being a mod here.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

yep! I remember you being a mod too The above was my personal opinion. I will continue to respect and follow the board rules.

CTV is the Canadian catch-all of networks. It's an official 'licensed' carrier of all programs and offers them on demand from their website - otherwise I would have never posted the suggestion.

+ Reply to Thread