+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

No idea who I'd like to see join, but I hope the character is funny. The show is sorely lacking funny these days.

I don't want any one to join, their are already more then enough characters( Sloan, Bailey) who don't get that much camera time.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2443076;
    I don't want any one to join, their are already more then enough characters( Sloan, Bailey) who don't get that much camera time.
    I agree. They'd have a "new" male character if they started using Sloan more. Now that his reason for being there is gone he can really come into his own. It doesn't hurt that I think he's bad boy hot either.

hmmmmmmm Colin Firth

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I wouldn't mind seeing Meredith go away for awhile. Maybe her sister will be less whiny, more interesting and less bone skinny.

I have a strange feeling that Mer's sister is going to end up with Mc Dreamy ahhh. I really hope the show isnt so depressing like it was this season...Ive been watching the past seasons and they are much more upbeat.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Isaiah Washington: 'They Fired the Wrong Guy'

Isaiah Washington, whose contract was not renewed for season four of Grey's Anatomy, is now saying ABC made a mistake letting him go.

"They fired the wrong guy," the actor, 43, tells his hometown paper, the Houston Chronicle.

According to the Chronicle, Washington said his costar, T.R. Knight, was the one who should have been fired for stirring up controversy and creating a negative work environment to win a raise and a bigger role for himself.

"I have to clear my name," Washington says. "I'll start from the beginning. I'm telling everything. So here's the truth."

In January, Knight told Ellen DeGeneres that Washington used a homophobic slur against him during an on-set argument with Patrick Dempsey. "I've never been called that to my face," Knight said.

"That's a lie," Washington tells the Chronicle. "I used the word during a disagreement with Patrick. I apologized for that. We shook hands and went back to work."

When word of the dust-up became public, Washington apologized, checked into rehab, met with gay leaders and released a public-service announcement decrying the use of hate speech.

Washington tells the Chronicle that he was wronged and may file a lawsuit. "My livelihood, my honor and dignity and my name have been so challenged," he says (The paper has no comment from Knight, and says network executives declined to comment.)

Adds Washington: "I was not fired for making homophobic slurs. I did everything I said I would do. I offered to go to counseling, to do a public service announcement. I wanted everyone to know I was remorseful."

Still, he says of his firing: "I'm not angry. I'm disappointed."

Isaiah Washington: 'They Fired the Wrong Guy' - Isaiah Washington : People.com
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Shonda has said in a few places that Gray's will be lighter next season. I think she has heard the call that it got too dark and depressing. So hopefully it will bring back the funny to go with the angst.

Regarding Washington, Heigl is right. He should not talk in public.

Way to show that all your atonement and rehab was just for show to try to keep your job. I do feel a tiny bit bad for him tho. I think he did not directly call TR the name but was more refering that he wouldn't be one of Dempsey's F..., substitute N... and it just makes it all the more sadder he used it in that context. Since using the F word is just a update of the N word in that put down.

I can also see how TR would think it was directed at him, since it was a indirect swipe to begin with if TR pals around or looks up to Dempsey. What a aweful thing to say anyway you try to dress it up.

Gray's is a ensamble (gads, I bet I butchered the spelling on that word!) show, TR wasn't so safe that he could use this is a springboard, it could just as easier gotten his contract not renewed. Isaiah is out of a job for 1 of a few possible reasons. He doesn't play well with others and was affecting the set morale. Or ABC got tired of him putting his foot in his mouth and bad press isn't always good press. He was costing them money, one way or another.

And if it was TR who should have been fired, they would have done that. Or more likly fired both of them to avoid backlash.

But I am looked forward to Gray's putting this behind them and having a show that has more balence. And to Sandra Oh getting to stretch her wings more. She is a awesome actress.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Did anybody else see the Sara Ramirez Got Milk add in this week's People Magazine? She looks smokin' hot in it! My love for her keeps growing.
    Last edited by SuperBrat; 06-23-2007 at 02:56 AM. Reason: i forgot a word... oops
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I just saw it yesterday. She looks great. Healthy, wonderful and curvy! Gives hope for us that aren't stick thin! So glad that she's staying.

+ Reply to Thread