+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Katherine Heigl (Izzie) is putting out a line of scrubs for women in healthcare. I predict she will make a mint! No piece will cost over $25. They look pretty nice! Excellent idea, young lady!

Katherine Heigl to Launch New Line of Women's Healthcare Apparel in Collaboration with Peaches Uniforms
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Though it may very well be next to, if not virtually impossible to measure with any degree of certainty what lies within a person’s heart when pondering questions regarding sincerity, outwardly observable indicators ought not to be dismissed in my view.

When a person such as Isaiah Washington gives, or as perhaps as in this case gives the impression of having apologized for something on the one hand while denying vehemently that he’d done that which people believe he supposedly apologized about, the inherent conflict between those two contradictory positions sure seems like a good spot for a snap assessment on the sincerity behind the apology.

What did Washington actually apologize for? Looking back, it doesn’t appear to be for having specifically calling Knight anything. He took the weight for apologizing for the uproar that followed his initial dance with Dempsey, not the slur that he didn’t direct at Knight. Washington did not apologize for outing Knight, which is just as well as that was something that Washington didn’t do. He apologized for the aftermath, the stormy situation he contributed to but only with the cooperation of others such as Dempsey, Knight, and especially Heigl. As well as the Grey’s producers and those ever so helpful entertainment media hounds that worry a bone until there is no flesh remaining.

Washington did do those heartwarming PSA’s, and I’d give him an attaboy for that if there was any indicator I noticed suggesting that wasn’t a requisite necessity for possibly keeping his position on GA. Could be that Washington was more sincerely centered on those PSA’s than I’d likely have been were I him and everything were the same, but if he actually uttered any ‘I’m sorry’{s} over the directed slur he to this date as far as I know rejectedly denies making, I’d be among the first to pony up and question the sincerity involved.

There are many potential scenarios where I believe an expectation of arriving at all the answers prior to making an assessment would be foolhardy. A line in the very good thriller ‘Still Life With Crows’ by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child says something to the effect that ‘Intuition is among the highest forms of human reasoning’, something which can be observed in examples provided in books like ‘The Gift Of Fear’, which examine what may be taking place in a situation like being on an elevator and getting a sudden pronounced urge to get off after another person gets on. Observations and assessments can and are made daily which can not be ably broken down in justifiable form but which are valid anyway.

Which is not to say that I believe the truth revolving around Washington’s likely beliefs on what went down are inexplicable, non-projectible, or indescribable by him or observers even from afar such as we are here.

so is george gonna repeat his internship??? or are they doing something like "oh sorry O'Malley, we've mistaken your scantron with someone else's. You actually passed the test." ugh!!!!!!! i can't wait til season 4 airs!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovenigel;2439867;
    so is george gonna repeat his internship??? or are they doing something like "oh sorry O'Malley, we've mistaken your scantron with someone else's. You actually passed the test."
    Certainly a vitally interesting question, ilovenigel.

I don't believe either of those scenarios are a good match for this show at present. It's current motto ought to be 'Proudly embracing and sharingly spreading misery since 2007'.

In order to remain true to the current trend of the show, a couple of people who scored higher than George ought to die a wretched untimely death. That would allow George to oozily continue with the program even though he hadn't earned a spot, thereby enabling him to enter the same 'I'm not worthy' self-flaggelation region where Izzie is current resident Queen. They can battle between themselves over who really deserves the crown.

One way or another, I'm sure we can count on them to make life darker and more dismal for those they come in contact with.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2439886;
    'I'm not worthy' self-flaggelation region where Izzie is current resident Queen. They can battle between themselves over who really deserves the crown.

that's mean

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2439886;
    Certainly a vitally interesting question, ilovenigel.

I don't believe either of those scenarios are a good match for this show at present. It's current motto ought to be 'Proudly embracing and sharingly spreading misery since 2007'.

In order to remain true to the current trend of the show, a couple of people who scored higher than George ought to die a wretched untimely death. That would allow George to oozily continue with the program even though he hadn't earned a spot, thereby enabling him to enter the same 'I'm not worthy' self-flaggelation region where Izzie is current resident Queen. They can battle between themselves over who really deserves the crown.

One way or another, I'm sure we can count on them to make life darker and more dismal for those they come in contact with.
    Maybe the Chief will pull some strings due to the fact that George would have been in had he not insisted that Meredith get another chance at taking the test.

Oh, and I just want to say that I'm tired of all of the depressing stuff, too. My life is challenging enough as it is, I don't need to watch depressing stuff for entertainment.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

It is easy enough to imagine that some strings could be pulled for George, but that would be very wrong to do, an action that would be very hard to swallow and just accept as writers perogative to do as they please whenever they get what they view as another scathingly brilliant idea.

If George were to be gifted with a 'Procedural rules apply; just not to YOU' free pass, his potential future success would come at the expense of all those who outscore him on that culling test. Each procedure he performed would be a practical experience moment someone else more deserving had been cheated from experiencing.

Let him find another way to while away his time. I don't anticipate him redoing his intern year, not on THIS show, but in the real world biting the bullet, accepting he'd failed and moving on aiming to do better next time would be the proper course of action for him in my view.

But doing it elsewhere would be better. Unless George just isn't that smart or capable, his primary problem is that he allowed his personal problems to encroach far too much into his professional world.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2441879;
    It is easy enough to imagine that some strings could be pulled for George, but that would be very wrong to do, an action that would be very hard to swallow and just accept as writers perogative to do as they please whenever they get what they view as another scathingly brilliant idea.

If George were to be gifted with a 'Procedural rules apply; just not to YOU' free pass, his potential future success would come at the expense of all those who outscore him on that culling test. Each procedure he performed would be a practical experience moment someone else more deserving had been cheated from experiencing.

Let him find another way to while away his time. I don't anticipate him redoing his intern year, not on THIS show, but in the real world biting the bullet, accepting he'd failed and moving on aiming to do better next time would be the proper course of action for him in my view.

But doing it elsewhere would be better. Unless George just isn't that smart or capable, his primary problem is that he allowed his personal problems to encroach far too much into his professional world.
    Don't know if it was a matter of self-esteem or actual inferior ability, but George was definitely pegged as the "runt of the litter" when we were first introduced to the interns three seasons ago.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

I have a feeling that George will be returning as an intern yet again.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

FORT Fan

I was reading on another site that they are casting for a new male role to compete with Derek Sheppard.From UPI article:
    But the show's executives have revealed they plan to add several cast members during the fourth season, including an intern, Meredith Grey's half-sister Lexi, played by Chyler Leigh.

They also said they are seeking a new recurring male character to compete with Patrick Dempsey's Dr. Derek Shepherd.

Any ideas for who would you like to join the cast of Grey's Anatomy? Although I would like to see more then just one new male role.
    How about Colin Firth as Meridith's therapist.

+ Reply to Thread