+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I just heard a blip on Entertainment Tonight that T.R. Knight will be back on Grey's next season.

Wow, ET is a little slow on their reports. It was confirmed and talked about in this thread 6 days ago.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Hey, if it's not trash, they don't care too much. :wink
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2437208;
    Wow, ET is a little slow on their reports. It was confirmed and talked about in this thread 6 days ago.
    oops! I was out of town last week.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Isaiah Washington has broken his silence about being fired from Grey's Anatomy.

"I'm saddened by the outcome," Washington, 43, tells Entertainment Weekly. "I did everything that the producers and the network asked me to do. I came back under great duress and stress, and thought I was doing the job I was hired to do."

Washington learned last week that the network would not renew his option for season four. At the time he issued a statement through his publicist saying: "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more."

"[Grey's creator] Shonda Rhimes called me on Thursday of last week and told me that I would not be returning to the show," Washington says. "Just like she personally called me and invited me to the show. It was full circle."

The rest of the cast heard Thursday night of the final decision, which, a source told PEOPLE at the time, was reached because Washington's behavior had made him a liability.

Washington tells EW he hasn't heard from many of his costars. "Everyone is still on vacation. I don't expect to hear from my castmates. I did talk to Chandra Wilson and I got a text message from Kate Walsh. Everyone's doing their own thing."

The actor first came under fire last fall after getting into an altercation with Patrick Dempsey, during which he allegedly referred to castmate T.R. Knight with a homophobic slur. He later apologized, checked into rehab, met with gay leaders and released a PSA decrying the use of hate speech.

Asked if he's still on good terms with Knight, Washington says: "I don't know. You have to ask T.R. that."

Washington, whose character broke up with his fiancée, Christina Yang (Sandra Oh) and moved out of their apartment last season, says he doesn't expect to be asked to return for a cameo on Grey's. "If Shonda calls me and says, 'Look we want you to do something for Grey's Anatomy,' I probably would not hesitate. But I don't really see that happening."

He's now working on an indie thriller, The Least of These, and he isn't dwelling on whether the firing will affect his career. "I can only apologize so many times," he says. "I can only accept so much responsibility. All the players involved have taken care of what we needed to take care of in-house – and the media took it in a different direction. I hope that everyone is happy for the outcome for Isaiah, but Isaiah will go on and do what I love to do."

Isaiah Washington Speaks Out About Firing - Isaiah Washington : People.com

I honestly don't feel bad for him. He made the working environment stressful by saying what he said. Yes, he apologized, but too little too late. I'll miss his character, but not him. Now, if he could only take Izzie with him
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I feel bad for him. I feel very bad for him. He made a mistake, and did something bad. But he took more than enough action to right that wrong. If his castmates refuse to forgive him, then I'm more turned off by their ugly action than I am by his. But it doesn't surprise me at all that Chandra Wilson has called him. That woman is a class act any way you define the words.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2438870;
    I feel bad for him. I feel very bad for him. He made a mistake, and did something bad. But he took more than enough action to right that wrong. If his castmates refuse to forgive him, then I'm more turned off by their ugly action than I am by his. But it doesn't surprise me at all that Chandra Wilson has called him. That woman is a class act any way you define the words.
    I agree. It seems like a lot of his castmates think that being associated with him will put a tinge on themselves. Ellen Pompeo gave a pretty cold hearted quote about his dismissal a while ago. Chandra is a class act. The sad thing about Isaiah not coming back is that I really liked his character, Burke. I'll miss seeing Burke. Meanwhile, I can't stand George (that doesn't mean I don't like TR--I just don't like the character he plays) and his wishywashyness and he'll be a central plot point. The best revenge is success. I hope that Isaiah really does regret what he said about TR--it's hard to change prejudices overnight and forcing someone to go to rehab to address an issue doesn't mean that it really changes their mind. Anyhow, he's a great actor and hopefully he'll do well in films and can put this all behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2438870;
    Again Veruka, he might have taken action in public, to right his image, but who knows how he was behind closed doors, in the workplace? I personally think anyone that makes reference to himself in the third person has a serious case of massive ego. The guy sounds like he was a jerk to work with.
    "I can only apologize so many times," he says. "I can only accept so much responsibility. All the players involved have taken care of what we needed to take care of in-house – and the media took it in a different direction. I hope that everyone is happy for the outcome for Isaiah, but Isaiah will go on and do what I love to do."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2438937;
    Again Veruka, he might have taken action in public, to right his image, but who knows how he was behind closed doors, in the workplace? I personally think anyone that makes reference to himself in the third person has a serious case of massive ego. The guy sounds like he was a jerk to work with.
    I guess I'm just not willing to judge and dismiss a man based on speculation about actions that I've never seen, nor heard reported by others. It is just as easy to speculate that he was not remorseful behind the scenes as it is to speculate that he was even more sincere and remorseful behind the scenes. We don't know if either is true, but we do know what was presented publicly. Publicly, he asked his castmates to forgive him for doing something he was sorry for. Publicly, they've denied him that forgiveness. To me, the ugly act there is and always will be the refusal to forgive. Grudges are even less attractive than stringy unkept hair.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2438937;
    You took the words right out of my mouth, well fingers Yes, he did apologize, but that doesn't mean that it changed things behind the scenes.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread