+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I would rather them not recast Burke. Like him, love him, dislike him, or hate him, I can only see IW in that role. Burke is who he is because of the portrayal by IW (imo). Some day down the line (if Shonda doesn't get the show cancelled with her exceedingly stupid love twists) maybe forgiveness will happen and the actor will come back to the show. I'd love a future surprise cliffhanger of Christina opening the door to see Burke (as played by IW) standing there.

In the meantime, I agree with whoever said to just bring on a few new characters. It's getting too incestual as it is with all the bed hopping between just a few characters. Let's have some fresh faces and fresh storylines. And pump up Bailey and the Chief's parts.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wasn't it said, earlier, that Dr. Burke would be gone due to joining Doctors Without Borders? I think we'll eventually hear that he has been killed while doing his borderless work.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I'm onlu for recasting Burke if he is more eye candy and if the writers can handle his recast and the new interns and still create a quality show.

Nicely said, ArchieComic Fan.

I simply can't imagine them recasting for Burke, though this IS Grey's Anatomy and it wouldn't be their first blunder, not by a long shot.

I was happy enough to see the new intern pups sniffing about in the season ender, but that happiness was dulled by one of them being Meredith Grey's half-sister. Frankly, I'd have prefered it were she Charles Manson's half sister. Spare me and us all from a never ending treadmill of reasons for Meredith to be down in the dump. She's not at all attractive in that state, nor is the show. Not when they attempt to craft it as a happy downer hybrid.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2434968;
    I was happy enough to see the new intern pups sniffing about in the season ender, but that happiness was dulled by one of them being Meredith Grey's half-sister. Frankly, I'd have prefered it were she Charles Manson's half sister. Spare me and us all from a never ending treadmill of reasons for Meredith to be down in the dump. She's not at all attractive in that state, nor is the show. Not when they attempt to craft it as a happy downer hybrid.

I have to agree with you on this point. I'm so sick of Meredith being depressed and suicidal that it makes me want to kill myself... Get over it. Move on. Spare me.

In the beginning, the show was more funny than anything. I liked that. A dramedy. The one liners were classic, the teasing realistic and the characters refreshing. Now....it's so damn depressing and the characters aren't themselves anymore. Hell, even McSteamy has softened.

I really really hate to say this because I adored Denny and thought and Jeffrey Dean Morgan was fabulous in that role, but the downfall started with him. Izzy went from being happy, silly Izzy to sad, weepy Izzy. She performed those scenes wonderfully but the fallout from that season has been horrible. It's like her sadness rubbed off onto everyone. Perhaps Shonda noticed the affection the audience had for Denny and mistook that as affection for the weepy drama and decided to play into that. It was a mistake. It wasn't the storyline that drew us to Denny, it was the actor and the character. He was a funny, sweet and charming guy. Whatever the reason, hopefully, the writers saw their mistake and plan on rectifying it in Season four. If not, I will no longer watch the show.

Excellent assessment of the where{'s}, how{'s} and projectedly why the show derailed from its earlier superior "dramedy" track, katgib13. It all fits nicely in what I've seen and recall.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'd be extremely annoyed if they replaced IW with another black actor to play Burke. It looks egregious to replace the actor instead of just removing the character. Otherwise, they'd be saying that anyone is expendable but that the characters are not. It would just be a poor move.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2434988;
    I really really hate to say this because I adored Denny and thought and Jeffrey Dean Morgan was fabulous in that role, but the downfall started with him. Izzy went from being happy, silly Izzy to sad, weepy Izzy. She performed those scenes wonderfully but the fallout from that season has been horrible. It's like her sadness rubbed off onto everyone. Perhaps Shonda noticed the affection the audience had for Denny and mistook that as affection for the weepy drama and decided to play into that. It was a mistake. It wasn't the storyline that drew us to Denny, it was the actor and the character. He was a funny, sweet and charming guy. Whatever the reason, hopefully, the writers saw their mistake and plan on rectifying it in Season four. If not, I will no longer watch the show.
    I agree with this, and along those lines, if I had to choose a moment after which Izzie and George started their decline, I'd say it's in the bomb episode, when Izzie says that Meredith and Cristina are doers and that Izzie and George need to be that way as well. Shortly thereafter, George sleeps with Meredith, Izzie and Denny do their thing, and it's all downhill.

FORT Fan

"But I think it's also terrifying that for one stupid remark, the media can turn it into a maelstrom that leads to one's termination. It's not unusual to say something that's not completely politically correct--I know I have-- and the ease with which the media has gone on a witchhunt lately is disturbing."
    "In my view, he DID NOT bring up the matter at the awards, his comments were elicited/pried out of him by the pack of jackals interested in pursuing him till the got a response. He wasn’t the only one responsible for that mess at any point along its timeline. He's just the only one paying a price."
    Totally agree with both of your statements. I think in general the media in order to advance their agendas and create dramas ,making mountains out of moleholes;is doing this with greater frequency and without regard to who gets hurt in the process.I also think that all too frequently words are being taken out of context,and /or twisted to mean something different then what was intended by the person who said the words.Sometimes it is an insult to our intelligence, especially when the news media spins the truth any way they choose.Reminds me of the circumstances of when ABC ended Bill Mahr's show "Politically InCorrect". A statement he made after 9/11 was spun in a way to make him sound unpatriotic,purposefully not acknowledging what he truly meant.
    I also agree with the sentiment Grey's needs to get back into the Dramedy -witty,fun spirit of the first season. I 'll repeat -new character -Meridith's shrink,also several hot,witty guys.

Great Idea!! Add a shrink for Meredith! Are you listening (reading) Shonda?!

Personally, I loved the "bomb" episodes, even though they were so sad. It hasn't been the same since.

More McSTeamy please.... he is certainly under-used!
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread