+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by JsMom;2433777;
    And his answer to the firing "I'm mad as hell..." only reinforces my opinion.
    His answer was a line from "Network" and it made me wonder if he doesn't have a project down the line that's either a revival of that film (an updated movie, a Broadway production etc.) or something. It seemed too thought out not to be the setting for a bigger announcement. And I doubt his publicist would release that unless there was some positive announcement that was coming in this aftermath. That's just me though...

And JsMom, I like your idea of voting Der and Mer off the island!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There is something to be said for not rewarding bad behavior, though. But, then again, the people who employ him are also about "the bottom line".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I love the character of Burke, but I could care less about Isiah getting fired. He is the one that started this by opening his trap and continuing to open it through out the season.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2433961;
    His answer was a line from "Network" and it made me wonder if he doesn't have a project down the line that's either a revival of that film (an updated movie, a Broadway production etc.) or something. It seemed too thought out not to be the setting for a bigger announcement. And I doubt his publicist would release that unless there was some positive announcement that was coming in this aftermath. That's just me though...
    I could see that interpretation being true -- IW's way of saying that he thinks the network set him up to ride the wave of his bad press for publicity for the show, and then drop him as a victim to the side once they'd taken the publicity as far as it would go. But then, I could also see it being something that naturally comes to mind after you're asked how you feel and say "I'm mad as hell". But I think you're right -- for the publicist to release it requires more pre-meditation than sponteneity.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2433899;
    Burke was pivotal with Christina, because he showed us a softer side of her.
    I don't know....I've always thought Meredith brings out that side of Cristina more. After all, Meredith is her 'person'.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2434012;
    I don't know....I've always thought Meredith brings out that side of Cristina more. After all, Meredith is her 'person'.
    But in the times that we see that side of Christina in her talking to Meredith, who is she typically talking about ... Burke.

Didn't Isaiah also get into a shoving match with Patrick Dempsey? I'll miss his character, but won't miss him. Now, if they would only END this stupid Izzie/George thing!

I don't know,....I'm one of those people who like to watch the characters on a show. I don't care about their personal life, I just care about what they portray on tv. I enjoyed watching Burke unfold, and feel, if they wanted to, they could have done a lot more bringing out his multifaceted life. Why he was the way he was (with his controlling mother), why he chose medicine and surgery, why he loved Christine. It could have been a great season with both of their personalities blossoming and then crashing into each other, but instead we get George.

Just because IW is gone doesn't mean that Burke won't return
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2434188;
    Just because IW is gone doesn't mean that Burke won't return
    You're right...he'll just emerge from a bandaged state after being worked on by Dr. McSteamy following a horrific accident of some sort in the body of another actor...Soap Opera 101.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

+ Reply to Thread