+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 725 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140540 ... LastLast
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey
    I'm more interested in keeping the show lively and having him and Meredith become a couple while they already are developing a serious relationship between Burke and Christina kills the show. What? They go out on a double date after a long day at the hospital...yawn.

My first Grey's and it was an awesome ep. I don't know the back story with the wife, but if she cheats with the best friend. NO EXCUSE for cheating! Anyway, Meredith was so sad, Dr. McDreamy has turned into Dr. McUnworthy. Meredith so needs to move. Let him settle his affairs however he wants. She was a rebound girl, unfortunately and those relationships rarely end up happily-ever-after. Shepard and Shepard can have each other.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs
    My first Grey's and it was an awesome ep. I don't know the back story with the wife, but if she cheats with the best friend. NO EXCUSE for cheating! Anyway, Meredith was so sad, Dr. McDreamy has turned into Dr. McUnworthy. Meredith so needs to move. Let him settle his affairs however he wants. She was a rebound girl, unfortunately and those relationships rarely end up happily-ever-after. Shepard and Shepard can have each other.
    My thoughts exactly! And, I can sense that although McUnworthy will stupidly choose his "wife", she will cheat eventually and he will realize he made a very big mistake. Meanwhile, Mere will and should move on to someone more "worthy" of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    I'm more interested in keeping the show lively and having him and Meredith become a couple while they already are developing a serious relationship between Burke and Christina kills the show. What? They go out on a double date after a long day at the hospital...yawn.

I guess in make believe tv world you have a good point. The show would be more interesting if Derek chooses his wife. But in real life.....ah who cares... I vote for entertainment.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by eh~mee!
    I guess in make believe tv world you have a good point. The show would be more interesting if Derek chooses his wife. But in real life.....ah who cares... I vote for entertainment.
    I agree that in real life it would be different. And even if you go with the show as a guide he would never get back together with his wife. First of all he moved away and had no contact with her. And second he was more angry than hurt when he saw her again. A sure sign he wouldn't want her back. He would only want to get back together so he could dump her and hurt her.

As for the show if they break up Burke and Christina and have Burke start messing around with The Mrs. Dr. Sheppard then I don't care if they have Meredith and Dr. Sheppard get together. That would keep things lively.

Quote Originally Posted by eh~mee!
    If you think about it....with a 11 year history how many of you would forgive a cheating spouse?

11 years is a long time.....but cheating? with your best friend? I'd go with a divorce. If the spouse can up right and cheat on me after that long of being together....something wasn't right to begin with. I'd suck it up after a lot of drinking and feeling sorry for myself and eventually move on. Once a cheater....always a cheater...they didn't come up with that saying for nothing.
    I agree. However, I think there are exceptions. Not too long ago, I saw a movie with Meryl Streep (the Mom), William Hurt (the Dad) and Renee Zellwegger (the Daughter). For the life of me, I can't remember the title. Anyway, the Dad cheated on the Mom and she forgave him. When the Daughter found out, she ripped into her Mom and told her that if a man cheated on her she could never forgive him. Her mom simply said to her, "most people say that - until it actually happens to them". A lot of marriages survive an affair; however, I think an affair with one's best friend or a relative is most definitely a deal breaker.

If Meredith and Derek don't get back together I'd stil like to see a lot of them anyway.

And it would be nice for George to find somebody but not Meredith even though that's a uncomfortable situation waiting to happen. Maybe with George's new found confidence he'll start changing into less of a push over roll.

Anyway....I can't wait till next weeks show. I only just started watching the show and have read the recaps from last season so I'll likely get the dvd of the first season whenever I see it.

Maybe Derek will choose no one. Nah...not enough drama in that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler
    As for the show if they break up Burke and Christina and have Burke start messing around with The Mrs. Dr. Sheppard then I don't care if they have Meredith and Dr. Sheppard get together. That would keep things lively.
    Oooo, then Christina can turn even more evil and GET HER! I would love to see that!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    I agree. However, I think there are exceptions. Not too long ago, I saw a movie with Meryl Streep (the Mom), William Hurt (the Dad) and Renee Zellwegger (the Daughter). For the life of me, I can't remember the title. Anyway, the Dad cheated on the Mom and she forgave him. When the Daughter found out, she ripped into her Mom and told her that if a man cheated on her she could never forgive him. Her mom simply said to her, "most people say that - until it actually happens to them". A lot of marriages survive an affair; however, I think an affair with one's best friend or a relative is most definitely a deal breaker.
    One Ture Thing was the movie
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    One Ture Thing was the movie
    Thanks FireWoman.

+ Reply to Thread