+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

LOL...Lois! I posted that at the same time! You are fast!

Granted his comments came at a worse time, but this, to me, is the Imus situation all over again. The news media took an incident or two, ran with them and ultimately got the target fired. To say that the hypocrisy infuriates me is the understatement of the year. The PC police seem to have taken to steroids this year, and I can only hope that ultimately, they shoot themselves in the foot by making people reluctant to provide sound bites and material for fear of losing their jobs as well.

Clearly, he messed up. But he's tried to make amends, tried to make the situation better, seems to have learned something... and now this. The lesson then turns into, "You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't."

I'm going to miss the character for sure-- I tried to dislike Burke after GG-gate and couldn't. He's just too good. I also think they're dropping two stronger characters at once, and that's always dangerous, particularly on the heels of a good amount of discontent over season 3.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

He ought to be pretty embarrassed by this action. Oh well, he has no one to blame but himself. If you can't/won't control yourself, I guess you have to deal with the consequences. Wonder what it's like at his house, at this point? I'm sure "wifey" is not a happy camper.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2433613;
    LOL...Lois! I posted that at the same time! You are fast!
    You did?!! Great minds think alike!!!!

The sad thing is, TR is coming back and Isaiah isn't. OK, that doesn't really bother me. But I can't stand George and I liked Burke...so that makes me sad.

It's sad that he's gone...I was hoping he was going to come back, I really liked his character...Shipping off my Addison to L.A not cool...I really don't think next season will be as good...The honeymoon period has worn off and I don't think I will be watching the show anymore...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

This bother's me quite a bit and i agree, Sweet_lady, the novelty is wearing off even though they're still in the receiving-acollades period. I like Kate so i'll watch her show, their aren't too many people that i like on Grey's but i think i might manage. Bailey, Sloane, please don't let me down.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'll miss Burke also. But I honestly don't think Isiah is getting fired over the one incident. I believe he had a pattern of behavior. Remember when he himself brought up the slur at the awards show? And Katherine H said "that man should just never open his mouth in public" or something to that effect. And his answer to the firing "I'm mad as hell..." only reinforces my opinion. Actors know that that their jobs aren't guaranteed. Especially when no contract was broken - ABC just chose not to renew his option!

FWIW though I'd also be happy to vote Mer and Der off the island!

It's too bad Burke is gone, they need a strong surgeon like him (Derek is a whimp ).
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fogey

I think that if they had some great storylines for Burke down the road, they would have re-signed IW in spite of all the behind the scenes behavior. But I think the truth is, there wasn't much room to keep his character on the show. The show depends on the characters jumping from bed to bed - not long term monogomous relationships. If they keep too many people in happy functional relationships, they'll get too boring too fast.

Burke was pivotal with Christina, because he showed us a softer side of her. Yes she's still distant and set in her ways, but through him, we saw that if treated just the right way, with just enough patience, she can soften up and be emotional. But they'd run the course there. He'd challenged her to bend and compromise in just about every aspect of a relationship they could choose from. Unless they were willing to take both of them out of the mix for any future relationships, they had to split them up. And with them split up, it'd be too hard for Christina to be Christina if Burke were still around. It just wouldn't make sense.

Sandra Oh is WAY too strong of a contributor to the show to diminish what she can do. So Burke had to go away in order to explore what other potential Christina has. That wouldn't change if the guy who played Burke was a kind, charitable chior boy.

Quote Originally Posted by JsMom;2433777;
    And his answer to the firing "I'm mad as hell..." only reinforces my opinion.
    But the guy is mad. Who wouldn't? I mean especially after all that he's been through. What he said was wrong. But if they were going to fire him then fire him on the spot. Why let him went through all the apologizing stuffs and cut him now? That's pretty harsh.

+ Reply to Thread