+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree754Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

LG.

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I'm guessing he left town, so she's left in his apartment (after he'd forced her to give up her own). Ouch. THe implication is that he might "do a McDreamy" and start a new life somewhere else very abruptly. Apparently there is some hospital on the east coast that lost Dr. McDreamy, Addison, and McSteamy all within the last year (as the past two seasons all occurred during the "intern year" for Mere and Company), so they might be hard up for senior doctors and could be looking for Burke.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

ET just reported that George's actor hasn't yet said whether or not he'll return next season, BUT Burke will be back, though not on a weekly basis.

Hmmm, their real-life debacle really IS too bad, because it did seem to taint the show and affect the storyline in ways the fans don't like. Do we blame Isaiah for beiing a homophobe? Do we blame TR Knight for being a tattletale or making work issues public in an industry where public perception controls the future? Whatever the reason, the show as we know it is ending because the workers couldn't coexist in peace. I'm actually really pissed that actors have to interject their own identities into the media instead of just doing their job, which is to act & to let viewers believe in make-believe.

I'm mad at both TR & Isaiah. Get over yourselves, just do your job. Dance, monkey, dance! I do NOT watch the show because I wonder who TR has sex with in real life or because I wonder who IW is mean to. I watch the show because I liked the characters, but when reality gets in the way and we find out both actors are poopy in real life, it taints my perception of their characters they play on the show.

For example, I used to love George and his fumbling ways with women. But now that I know he's gay, I just can't fully get into the George/Callie storyline, nor the George/Izzie storyline, nor the George/Meredith storyline... I used to adore the Burke/Christina coupline and think he was a perfect doctor, but now I know his other "attitude" and it gets in the way of my adoration of his character. Real life has overridden the acting, and I get cheated out of a neat show because the employees need too much attention and can't just do the job they were hired for.

What if you were hired by a company but every time you stood up to make a presentation on the company's behalf, you talked about all the people who bugged you while you were preparing the presentation... and THEN you did the presentation. Half the audience would still be thinking about your work conflicts instead of what you are presenting. You would probably get fired eventually.

That may be what's happening here.

What's worse is that I missed the finale and it sounds like I missed a LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer;2416879;
    I'm mad at both TR & Isaiah. Get over yourselves, just do your job. Dance, monkey, dance!

I have to say I agree and I enjoyed the way you said it.

Watch the show online @ abc - what are you waiting for... go!

Yeah, I swear, this cast is starting to remind me of the Cincinnati Bengals... they can't stay out of the headlines, and much of the press is unfavorable. It's sort of absurd.

Actually, starting is probably not the right word. Reminds me of.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Do we blame TR Knight for being a tattletale or making work issues public in an industry where public perception controls the future?
    Actually, TR Knight didn't bring this into the public eye. It was Patrick Dempsey. He's the one that halled off and hit Isiah and of course the media got a hold of it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I saw TR as the victim in all of this chaos. He was trying to mind his own business when the two "manly men" decided to have at it. Let's not blame the victim. Hate it when that happens.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

ET just reported that George's actor hasn't yet said whether or not he'll return next season, BUT Burke will be back, though not on a weekly basis.

Hmmm, their real-life debacle really IS too bad, because it did seem to taint the show and affect the storyline in ways the fans don't like. Do we blame Isaiah for beiing a homophobe? Do we blame TR Knight for being a tattletale or making work issues public in an industry where public perception controls the future? Whatever the reason, the show as we know it is ending because the workers couldn't coexist in peace. I'm actually really pissed that actors have to interject their own identities into the media instead of just doing their job, which is to act & to let viewers believe in make-believe.

I'm mad at both TR & Isaiah. Get over yourselves, just do your job. Dance, monkey, dance! I do NOT watch the show because I wonder who TR has sex with in real life or because I wonder who IW is mean to. I watch the show because I liked the characters, but when reality gets in the way and we find out both actors are poopy in real life, it taints my perception of their characters they play on the show.

For example, I used to love George and his fumbling ways with women. But now that I know he's gay, I just can't fully get into the George/Callie storyline, nor the George/Izzie storyline, nor the George/Meredith storyline... I used to adore the Burke/Christina coupline and think he was a perfect doctor, but now I know his other "attitude" and it gets in the way of my adoration of his character. Real life has overridden the acting, and I get cheated out of a neat show because the employees need too much attention and can't just do the job they were hired for.

What if you were hired by a company but every time you stood up to make a presentation on the company's behalf, you talked about all the people who bugged you while you were preparing the presentation... and THEN you did the presentation. Half the audience would still be thinking about your work conflicts instead of what you are presenting. You would probably get fired eventually.

That may be what's happening here.

See, I can separate the character from his personal life. I don't see why TR Knight's sexuality should matter. On the other hand, I don't see why IW's attitude should change my view of the character either. I like Burke and I don't want him to leave.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2417458;
    I saw TR as the victim in all of this chaos. He was trying to mind his own business when the two "manly men" decided to have at it. Let's not blame the victim. Hate it when that happens.
    I'm pretty sure TR had nothing to do with publicizing this--what would he get out of doing that? He had a great role as a straight man (in both senses) on a popular show--he'd have to know coming out in such a public way might hurt his ability to profit from GA in terms of future roles. Plus all the history that has come out.... Dempsey and "Izzie" defending him...and all the PR involved other people. He only got involved when he said, yes, I am indeed gay, can we now move on....

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;2417491;
    See, I can separate the character from his personal life. I don't see why TR Knight's sexuality should matter. On the other hand, I don't see why IW's attitude should change my view of the character either. I like Burke and I don't want him to leave.
    I'm right there with you on that. I love George/Callie & completely HATE the George/Izzie storyline. I really hope George comes back!

Quote Originally Posted by FORTFanGirl;2417712;
    I'm right there with you on that. I love George/Callie & completely HATE the George/Izzie storyline. I really hope George comes back!
    So do I - I am a big TR fan and a person or character's sexual orientation doesn't matter to me. If I can allow myself to see these actors as doctor's then I can see George with anyone he wants to be with.

I do think that Izzie has gone from being cute if not a little quirky, to certifiable.
    Her character is bizarre and is probably the only one I wouldn't be disappointed to see leave. I will be disappointed not to see Burke with Christina each week if that develops.

+ Reply to Thread