+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I remember the scene where Izzy realized that George was Callie's McDreamy. She didn't seem upset about it then...but she sure changed her mind in a hurry. I still don't think the writers stay true to their characters. And what the hell happened with Izzy's daughter? We see her briefly for one episode and then....nothing.

I just feel kind of let down by the whole show this season. I loved the chemistry and sexual tension between Meredith and Derek, but that has seemed to dissipate. She wanted him when she couldn't have him, but when he came back to her, she proceeded to punish him in small, insidious ways and put everything and everybody ahead of him. Granted, when her mom and stepmom died and then was blamed by her estranged father, she had a reason to distance herself and want to be alone. But, she clung to her friends and drew away from the one person whom she should have needed. I think she is falling out of love with Derek because she still holds a lot of resentment for his prior abandonment when he went back to his ex. She wants to hurt him for hurting her and I think she has now gotten her revenge.

Izzy/George/Callie - yuck! George is about as far from a male sex symbol as any character I've seen. And, to have two beautiful women mad for him - WHAT?? In reality - no way. Also, how does Izzy go from mourning over hot Denny to madly in love with her buddy. No - can't see it - sorry.

Burke/Christina: She realized how much she really loved him too late. He was dragging her kicking and screaming to the altar and finally realized she was resisting it tooth and nail. But, to cancel the wedding and end the relationship? Why? He knows she loves him - her protectiveness when he was injured proved that. He should have known he was shoving the BIG wedding down her throat and his mother was the ultimate control freak. What was he thinking. I blame him for this one, not Christina.

All of it is just too disjointed, too unrealistic, and too weird. I do like the spin off though.

[QUOTE=aname;2409251;]Izzy/George/Callie - yuck! George is about as far from a male sex symbol as any character I've seen. And, to have two beautiful women mad for him - WHAT?? In reality - no way. Also, how does Izzy go from mourning over hot Denny to madly in love with her buddy. No - can't see it - sorry.
    QUOTE]

I so completely agree with this! I have NEVER, not even from the beginning, understood the "George Love!" Yes, TR Knight is a cute little guy, but FAR from sexy man of the hospital!
    The only sexual relationship he has had on the show that seemed at all real was the one with the syphillis nurse. They seemed like they would be a couple you might meet in "real life," but none of his other conquests have seemed even a little bit real! I actually don't even understand why so much of the show has centered around him and all of his different relationships. They are writing the George character as a whiny little malcontent that can never make up his mind!
    As far as Izzie and her ping-ponging love interests, I have just about had enough of her character and her falling in love with anything in pants that is unavailable to her! I hope next season is MUCH better, and makes more sense!

The way I explained Izzy's behavior to myself was "transference". It usually applies to a patient/therapist relationship, but since she isn't seeing a therapist, George was the next closest person to get all that "Denny love".
    It's creepy and needs to go away.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Seen today on Watch with Kristin....

Gansiger in Dallas: Is Isaiah Washington leaving Grey's Anatomy?

Click to see Spoiler:
    I've now heard from various reliable sources that Isaiah has been taking meetings in New York and Los Angeles in search of a new job that would take place during the coming TV season, so it certainly appears that Isaiah's Grey's days are over. Insiders at ABC tell me "not everyone will be coming back" to Grey's this fall, and although T.R. Knight's fate was also left hanging in the balance after the season finale, I'm hearing he's gonna be back (gotta wrap up that love triangle, not to mention his betrothed is the new chief!) but like I said, Isaiah looks to be a goner. (Kinda makes that scene of Cristina ripping the shackle off her neck while sobbing "I'm free" and the Chief's lecture to Burke that he's "disappointed" in him this year all the more poignant, no?)

Watch with Kristin - Spoiler Chat: Is Isaiah Leaving <i>Grey's</i>? What's Next for <i>Lost</i> and <i>Heroes</i>?

The Truth Is Out There ixcrisxi's Avatar

That may all be true, but the spin-off of Grey's is probably the biggest clue on who will be leaving. Other than that, it's probably not going to shock and amaze us when it gets there. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. It will be shocking, though.
    MULDER: It's still there, Scully. 200,000 years down in the ice.

SCULLY:
    Leave it there.

Christina and Burke's non-wedding is a prime example of how an actor's real life can screw up a show. I was just rewatching the beginning of the finale and Christina said she was going to enjoy being married, it's the stupid wedding part she didn't like. I really think she would have been just fine being married once she got past the ceremony. Then they had to do the freak-out in the church so that Burke could come and say his spiel and "let her go." And then Christina removing the choker and dress as a sign of being free - yeah it made for good tv but I'm pretty sure if IW hadn't flapped his gums and caused such a stink on the set that they very likely would have gotten married. It would have been fun to see them adjusting to married life next season and the complications of working together as husband and wife. The whole calling off the wedding was just too contrived in light of what we know about the backstage issues. The more I think about it the madder I get.

If Katherine Heigl wants to hold storylines for ransom every time she wants a raise I say get her off now and any of the others who get too big for their britches. The fans are the ones who suffer because then whole concepts have to be redone and we get very invested in the characters and their stories. It's what keeps us coming back.

We've been scratching our heads about the lack of continuity in some of the character's behaviors. I'm beginning to think it has less to do with lack of writer collaboration and more to do with the actors themselves and what may be going on behind closed doors. That at least would make more sense then this mish-mash they've been handing us. I'd like to give Shonda more credit than I've been giving her. She created what started out as a great show and I really think she had foresight into how she wanted these characters to develop. But real life happens, people say and do stupid things, and then some of the ideas for the show have to be re-thought. Sometimes that's a good thing, such as when a character catches on and they decide to keep them around longer than planned (Addison, Mark, Callie) but then other times, a character leaves because of the actor themself and not the story.

Other examples on other shows: David Caruso wanted a big raise on NYPD Blue and they showed him the door. Jorja Fox has twice caused problems and they may very well be showing her the door. I won't miss her though. And there's no way the Lost writers will be able to convince me that the drunk driving arrests of Michelle Rodriquez and Cynthia Watros didn't have something to do with them being written out. The list of examples goes on.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-23-2007 at 08:58 AM.

I was looking forward to conflicts with momma Burke, too.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Just finished watching the finale again. Glad I did as I missed some stuff the first time. Anyhoo, at the end when the newbies are in the locker room - they show an Indian guy (I think he's Indian) and it reminded me of an episode a while back when one of the interns fell asleep and caused an accident. I think he was Indian too. I was just wondering if he is the same one, and he's repeating his year due to whatever happened as a result of that accident. I'm not implying that because there's another person of the same ethnicity that it must be the same person, just that it might be the case since George is facing the decision of having to repeat his year and might find himself among someone who is doing the same, though for different reasons. Or I'm just thinking about this show too much! This is me slinking out of the GA thread and putting my energy into the Lost finale...

Also, I found it quite touching how Christina knew exactly what was missing of Burke's (which just makes me mad all over again about him leaving her at the church). I don't think I have that power of observation when it comes to my husband's stuff unless it's "you left your clothes on the floor" type of observation .

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2415202;
    Also, I found it quite touching how Christina knew exactly what was missing of Burke's (which just makes me mad all over again about him leaving her at the church). ...
    i hadn't thought about that, but you have a point. interesting.

what i was wondering is, wasn't that burke's apartment??? christina moved in with him, didn't she? so then he just suddenly moves out of his apartment?

+ Reply to Thread