+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I'm really torn about the finale. On the one hand, it flowed with the entire mood and theme of the season, on the other hand it felt too much like things were really being pushed on the fans. I also wonder when I've heard numerous times how this finale was all about tearing people down just so they can be built up again next season. I don't think all the characters needed to be dragged through the mud as they were.

The George/Izzie/Callie triangle really bothers me because it seems to make no sense from a story stand point. It seems like there were many a jumps and many "seasons" worth of stories that were just completely skipped to get them to this point. The George-Izzie pairing just does not make sense!

I just don't know about Meredith and Derek anymore. They may care about each other, but their relationship has never been solid. It seems they both really want the other when the other's unavailable. They never seem to be happy when they're actually together.

Christina/Burke really made me sad in the finale. Putting her through all of that seemed to be such torture. She cared about him and he seemed to care about her, I just don't understand how it got to that point and not until the wedding. Perhaps it was simply everything coming together, but the end was extremely sad.

The rest of the character episodes were okay, with tinges of sadness (e.g., the Chief and his wife). I really wanted Bailey to get the Chief job and I can understand why she didn't, but I truly don't understand how Callie did.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2407186;
    Christina/Burke really made me sad in the finale. Putting her through all of that seemed to be such torture. She cared about him and he seemed to care about her, I just don't understand how it got to that point and not until the wedding.
    I will say that I know two guys who called off their weddings two weeks before and the evening before their nuptials! Ultimately, it was the best for everyone. Those couples would've been divorced now if that hadn't happened.

You're absolutely right. It's better to do something before the wedding then to divorce afterwards.
    Plus it made for a very dramatic ending on the show.

FORT Fogey

I know there are suppose to be supporting characters in the show and we're not suppose to care as much about them as we do the primary characters, but I felt really cheated by the way Alex's storyline with Ava/Rebecca just sort of went thud at the very end. If you blinked, you would almost miss him walking into the empty hospital room. It was just such a let down for me, given that it's the storyline I was most interested in.

And I don't care that Burke decided not to marry Christina. She's been a cold fish from the start, if you ask me.

Glad Derek finally laid it out for Meredith. Now dump the witch, I saw, she's ugly and you can do so much better. Maybe there's a sweet little lady from Alabama waiting in NYC for you... oh wait, PD's been there and done that and it didn't turn out well either.

Maybe it's me, but I wish the complications of George and Izzie being best friends and the impact that can have when one of them gets married would have been explored instead of turning this into a sex/love story. As a female who has lost many very close male friends because, after getting married, their wives don't understand about their friendship with another woman (even though they knew about the closeness of the friendship before), I would have loved to have seen this issue explored in a mature, respectful way, without sex.

But mostly I think the closure, if that's what it was, for the Alex storyline sucked.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2408466;

Maybe it's me, but I wish the complications of George and Izzie being best friends and the impact that can have when one of them gets married would have been explored instead of turning this into a sex/love story. As a female who has lost many very close male friends because, after getting married, their wives don't understand about their friendship with another woman (even though they knew about the closeness of the friendship before), I would have loved to have seen this issue explored in a mature, respectful way, without sex.
    I completely agree!!! They started going down this path, and they should have stuck to it. I think it would have been more interesting, not to mention unique in comparison to the other storylines. I don't like the way the writers tend to insist that either every character must be falling in love, or every character must be breaking up. Why can't you have one couple forming while another is splitting, and another is maintaining, and another don't even have any interest?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2408513;
    I completely agree!!! They started going down this path, and they should have stuck to it. I think it would have been more interesting, not to mention unique in comparison to the other storylines. I don't like the way the writers tend to insist that either every character must be falling in love, or every character must be breaking up. Why can't you have one couple forming while another is splitting, and another is maintaining, and another don't even have any interest?
    And I don't know about anyone else, but I was rooting for George and Izzie when it was their friendship being questioned, but now, I just find it almost replusive, kinda like watching incest, because that's how it would feel if I had ever slept with any of my best friends. Well, except for my BF, but he was my BF and then became one of my best friends, so that doesn't count.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2408708;
    And I don't know about anyone else, but I was rooting for George and Izzie when it was their friendship being questioned, but now, I just find it almost replusive, kinda like watching incest, because that's how it would feel if I had ever slept with any of my best friends. Well, except for my BF, but he was my BF and then became one of my best friends, so that doesn't count.
    Exactly! When they were just best friends, I was really feeling sorry for Izzy for essentially losing her best friend when she needed people the most (having just lost Denny). I also really resented Callie for not being able to appreciate the important role that Izzy played in George's life, and that George played for Izzy.

When they initially slept together, I even kind of understood it, because they were drunk, and things led to other things. I also totally understood George deciding not to tell Callie - realizing that doing so would take the guilt off him and put the hurt on her, and that was selfish. But when it grew in to this pining for each other, loving each other thing? ICK!

See I remember things a little differently (but that doesn't mean I'm right ) but the girls (well Izzie mostly) never really gave Callie a chance. From the get-go they were cliqueish and made her feel like a party crasher. Remember the whole childish hand-washing scene? Yeah, maybe Callie shouldn't have traipsed in and peed in front of them but the way they reacted was over the top - again, mostly just Izzie.

I don't think Callie started out not liking George's friendship with Izzie. Izzie was a b**ch from the start to Callie and her relationship with George and as I remember, the reason Callie began to show attitude was because George never stuck up for her. She even covered for Meredith during the prom incident.

So imo she did try to fit in with them. And for the most part Meredith and Christina were at least civil to her. But Izzie was territorial from the beginning. A good friend understands their best friends will have relationships outside of them but Izzie had a double standard. It was okay for her to fall for a patient (granted he was bed bound the whole time so he wasn't really an interference for Izzie and George) but she couldn't extend the same courtesy to George. The only time she seemed to allow him a relationship was when he was hung up on Meredith and she told him to tell her how he felt but she knew Meredith wasn't interested in George so she wasn't a threat to their friendship.

You don't have to like the person your best friend is seeing but unless that person does something wrong personally to you, you should at least try, for the sake of your friendship, to get along with your friend's chosen one. Even if you don't think they're a good match, it's not your place to constantly be stating so. But Izzie opened her big trap every chance she got without regard to George's feelings all because she thought she knew what was best for him. She treats him more like a child than a friend. But now all of a sudden she is in love with him. Give me a break .

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And if you treated your child like that pretty soon you wouldn't have a relationship with your child either....

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2408925;
    See I remember things a little differently (but that doesn't mean I'm right ) but the girls (well Izzie mostly) never really gave Callie a chance. From the get-go they were cliqueish and made her feel like a party crasher.
    Yup! That's how I remember it, too. She tried to be nice and friendly and fit in with George's girls...and they all pretty much shut her out in a really immature "Mean Girls" high school kind of way. I remember when one of them was sobbing (probably Izzie after Denny died), Callie even brought food over for her. Personally, I thought they were all witches to her. Christina was probably the least cold to her 'cause Christina loves smart people, and Callie is smart! (But kind of stupid for marrying dumb, immature George.)

You don't have to be best friends with your friend's significant other, but if you love your friend (and the Significant Other isn't a horrible person), you get along with the person they chose to love instead of making it all about you, you, you!

+ Reply to Thread