+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2402071;
    It was the passive agressive nature of what she said that made it come across as "mean". She was talking about things that would come across as nice and sunshiney and innocent to most people, but because she knows how Izzy feels about George, it came across entirely different to Izzy. Instead of "I'm excited, my husband and I have decided to have a baby" it was "Face it loser, he chose me and we're going to have a baby to ensure the divide between you two is even greater". Since he is her HUSBAND, I don't blame her for doing what she did, which is why I put mean in quotations. But it certainly wasn't a friendly conversation between a wife and her husband's best friend.
    But Callie doesn't know George and Issie slept together, she just thinks they are friends.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sukee;2402237;
    But Callie doesn't know George and Issie slept together, she just thinks they are friends.
    I don't think what she knows is all that is at play in the tension in those relationships -- what Callie suspects is just as important.

I'm not a George or Izzie fan but I was sad that George failed his exam. He was the first intern to do heart surgery (the elevator scene from last season) and has come a long way professionally. I'm sure his failure was due to his still obsessive feelings for Meredith (he's the one who noticed she didn't write anything and that must have really messed up his concentration) as well as what's going on with Izzie and Callie. I think he knows the material, he just wasn't focused. I'd hate to see him repeat his whole year. I'm not saying someone who fails should get a free pass for having a bad day but I just think there should be some sort of remedial training without an entire year needing to be repeated.

And if you go over to Grey Matter, Shonda is trying to sell to us that she had to burn everything down to build it back up. She wanted everyone to start next season free of the things that have been holding them down and start fresh or some B.S. like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2402261;
    I'm not a George or Izzie fan but I was sad that George failed his exam. He was the first intern to do heart surgery (the elevator scene from last season) and has come a long way professionally. I'm sure his failure was due to his still obsessive feelings for Meredith (he's the one who noticed she didn't write anything and that must have really messed up his concentration) as well as what's going on with Izzie and Callie. I think he knows the material, he just wasn't focused. I'd hate to see him repeat his whole year. I'm not saying someone who fails should get a free pass for having a bad day but I just think there should be some sort of remedial training without an entire year needing to be repeated.

And if you go over to Grey Matter, Shonda is trying to sell to us that she had to burn everything down to build it back up. She wanted everyone to start next season free of the things that have been holding them down and start fresh or some B.S. like that.
    Plus, TR wanted to leave and they needed a way to work it so that if he changes his mind they can still bring him back. After all, he is still an MD and can practice as a GP but he is out of surgery until he repeats or moves into a different field altogether.
    I guess that's why they showed us George constantly looking and watching Mer during the test - then she gets to repeat the test and passes. We know he would have passed, heck if Alex passed, George certainly would have if not for Meredith. I wish George had confided to Baily that his concentration was off.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2402261;
    This may all be true -- that it was the distractions that caused him to fail the test, and not a lack of knowledge. But if that is true, doesn't it reflect on his ability to focus as a surgeon? Most of them had big things and distractions going on in their lives similar to George when they took the test. Alex was distracted with worry about not-Eva. Izzy was distracted with worry about George. Christina was distracted with worry about her wedding.

There will always been stressful distractions of life in a surgeon's world. Part of doing the job is having the ability to shut out those distractions when its time to perform. If George couldn't do that for a test, what reason is there to believe that he could do it in a surgery?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InsideOut;2402045;
    I seem to recall that Derek and Meredith met in the same bar the same way that Derek and the half-sister met last week. No? I even think it was right before Meredith attended her first day of internship, just like her half-sister is. Foreshadowing, to the max. Obviously Derek and the half-sister will be hooking up next season!
    I know I dwell on this, but how old is Meredith supposed to be? 'Cause if she didn't take a break after school/interning, she'd be only a year older than her half-sister (Lexie?). But Lexie looks a good 10 years younger than Mere. What the heck?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2402281;
    If George couldn't do that for a test, what reason is there to believe that he could do it in a surgery?
    ITA. Some people just aren't good at tests, but at some level, you have to get over that in order to achieve your career goals.

As for Callie being mean to Izzie, I didn't see her as being mean to her as much as she wasn't tiptoeing around Izzie anymore. Women talk all the time about trying to have babies with their husbands or when they last had sex. They're in the same workplace and supposedly trying to be friendly to each other. I didn't find her statements to be mean at all.

I thought Addison sounded ridiculous when she was telling the Chief about why she needs to become the new chief. It was such a lame reason...it almost made her sound pathethic...like..."I have nothing else going for me. You have to make me chief."
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 05-18-2007 at 02:51 PM.

Those are good points Veruka. Like I've said before, I don't care much for the weakness of the George character but I did feel bad for him.

Lois, if it helps you to sleep better (), Ellen Pompeo was born in 1969 and Chyler Leigh was born in 1982 (making them 13 years apart). I don't know how closely the show follows the true ages of the actors with the character's though.

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2401660;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Is Isaiah leaving the show? I have not heard either way for him. I have heard that TR Knight is staying on the show.
    psycobabe
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Well, EW or TV Guide has reported that Ihe was let go. Either the current addition or last week - I receive both and sometimes can't remember which one said it. They said that TR was leaving of his own accord, but they had really tried to get him to stay and were writing the finale in such a way to let him come back if he would decide to do so. Even offered him more money to stay.

Meredith took time off after school - I think to travel. Her mother was still OK then and they were fighting about the fact that her mother wanted to stick with medicine and Meredith had to think about whether she really wanted it. So, she is older - but Lexie does look young. In fact too young for Derek IMO.

FORT Fogey

Lois, that's a great point about their ages for several reasons.

We know that Thatcher has three daughters -- Meredith, Lexie, and the one who had a baby whose husband is in the military. Right?

So Thatcher marries Ellis, and they have Meredith. Then their marriage falls apart, they divorce, and he meets, marries, and has two children with Meredith's step mom.

But, we've been led to believe (at least I think this is true) that Lexie is the younger of Thatcher's other two kids, right? That the one who had the baby is older. Let's say that Meredith took two years off between college and medical school. That would mean that in a span of two years after she was born, Thatcher went through a divorce, met a woman, dated her, and had two children?

If the writers aren't thinking, that would be a "just go with it" kind of thing that makes no sense but they don't acknowledge it. But if they ARE thinking (I know, that's asking a lot!) then it could mean that Thatcher and Ellis's marriage didn't fall apart in the way we thought. Maybe Thatcher had an affair first?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Burke did Christina a favor by calling off the wedding. She would have been miserable. Christina was, repeatedly, giving up more and more of herself. She let her future mother-in-law shave off her eyebrows, she wore the too tight choker because the mother-in-law insisted that the Burke women had all done this, she acquiesced to the big wedding with all of the trimmings...it was one mess after another. Way back when...she even moved in with Burke, and finally gave up her apartment. She was allowing little bits of herself to be amputated a little at a time. I think her getting that stupid choker off and being cut out of that wedding dress were acts of relief/regret. I was glad for her. She can still love him...she just has to love him in her own way. Her marriage never would have worked, and she would have resented him, and herself. Like the saying goes, "To thine own self be true."

The Chief, and his wife....their relationship is going to be stronger than ever. When Addison came out to tell him his wife's post-surgery condition, the way she worded it made it sound like Adele had died. That's when the Chief went tearing into Adele's room. Loved the way that she told him that it was his baby.

I knew that the Chief was going to remain Chief!! That was as it should have been. I guarantee you that he will find more time for family this time around.

I'm hoping that Meredith is sick of the back and forth with Derek, and has decided to just call it over, instead of jerking back and forth, emotionally. It was interesting that Derek said that she was always walking away from him, but never from her friends. Brought back to memory when stepmother died, and she went inside herself (away from him), and later was with her friends. He went to the house to see about her but, when he saw her with her friends, turned around and walked away. Wonder what it would have been like if he had decided to go inside with her and her friends. There is something wrong with a man who resents you being with your friends, and doesn't join in. She, definitely, could have been subconsciously sending him a message, though. When he offered to go to the funeral with her, she did tell him No...that this was something she needed to do on her own...and then she hooked up with her buddies for comfort and to unwind. I'd say that the handwriting is on the wall...and maybe she is the one who refuses to read it.

I loved the finale!!

It was a rough night, as finales to. Every show I watched left me "shook".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread