+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

If George decides to repeat his year, I wonder if Callie (now Chief Resident) will be embarrassed. I don't think George will be hooking up with Meredith 2.0 as she has her eyes on Derek.

Meredith had a chance in the locker room to keep her relationship with Derek going and she blew it. And then at the church her "it's so over" was totally directed at him. I don't know why she threw in the towel so easily. Sure they had problems but nothing that couldn't be fixed with some actual communication. So when he hooks up with Lexie I won't be surprised. I'll think it a bit creepy but hey, Meredith threw him back.

The most powerful moment of the episode was Christina realizing she's free and having a panic attack to get out of her wedding attire. I guess the writers left it open for Burke and George to not come back should they decide to let the actor's go. But from what I've read, they'll both be back. Of course a lot can happen over the summer. I thought it was pretty lame though that Burke knew all along that wedding wasn't the kind Christina wanted but yet made her go along with it anyway, and then he dumps her at the altar. I think if he had agreed to her small justice of the peace ceremony she would have been fine with that but he wasn't willing to make that sacrifice for her. But she was willing to make a sacrifice for him and he threw it back in her face. So I was happy for her when she was happy that she was free. I know she was crying but it really seemed like tears of relief once the initial shock was over. I do believe she cared for him a great deal, even loved him, but she wasn't herself anymore and once she realized she was getting herself back she was relieved. And I was relieved for her. So many times women give up their identity to become someone else in the name of love. I guess I'm a little disappointed though that he made the decision for her and she didn't do it on her own.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-17-2007 at 10:55 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000;2400583;
    I just watched the finale. I know that a large part of this show is about relationship problems, but this time I think they pushed it too far:

Burke calls the wedding off right before Christina walks down the aisle. He then moves out immediately leaving her crying in her wedding dress. That's the type of event that can give a person emotional problems that takes years to recover from. I figured it was a bad sign when he read their wedding vows in surgery since TV shows naturally avoid repetition.

Derek keeps acting liking his relationship with Meredith isn't important to him on previous episodes. He tells her about the women who flirted with him and then walks off after a snarky comment. Then on this episode he tells her that she's the love of his life and that she would have to be the one to break up with him. So then Meredith emotionally torture hims (returning the favor) by not responding which implied that she didn't want to be with him.

I strongly believe that implying you don't want to be with someone then walking off is a very cruel thing to do to someone you are in a relationship with. But, these characters do it like it's just another part of their day. I know this show is supposed to be dramatic, but I still think it goes too far. It makes the characters a lot less sympathetic and undermines their emotional connection with the viewer (IMHO).

In both cases, Burke and Christina, and Derek and Meredith, you've got two more mature men who have fallen for women who've put them through the ringer. I won't give Derek as much symapthy as Burke, because he's really gone back and forth with Meredith as much as she has him. But Burke has gone through a lot of ups and downs in Christina's was of loving him but also shielding herself from him. It's what makes me love them as a couple. But I thought it was very telling that as Christina was having her break down, the first thing she cried out after telling Meredith how she knew he was really gone was "I'm free". I think the truth is that neither Meredith nor Christina know for sure that they WANT the men that they have.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

When Christina was crying and saying, "I'm free." I saw all kinds of things...she felt free of a marriage she didn't really want. But she also was "free" of a relationship with a man she deeply cares for, and I think that made her sad. When she was hyperventiliating and trying to rip her necklace off, it was almost uncomfortable for me, because it was like she was a slave trying to get rid of her shackles. I know I'm probably the only one who thought that but I was dying for her to get it off and fast! I could almost feel her suffocating.

I thought it was cruel that Burke left her at the altar, but I also think it was kind of him NOT to marry her, knowing that she was doing this for him--not because she wanted to. I can see Christina being happy dating a guy--maybe even living with him--but marriage and kids aren't a necessity for her. But for Burke, the whole family thing is really important to him and that's what he needs.

I found it odd that Christina's mother wasn't there comforting her--rather, she was standing in her apartment alone.

Now there was some stuff going on at my house tonight so I didn't hear everything clearly...but was the miscarried baby the chief's? How much do you want to bet that they adopt one of the twins that that girl gave birth to prematurely?

I don't think I have cried more than I did in this finale. Maybe I am an emotional person in general, but OMG! The whole thing with Christina at the end really hit me. I have never been dumped like that but the way that Sandra Oh acted in that scene made me feel her pain literally. Bravo Sandra!

I feel horrible for Webber. Losing a child is always hard, no matter when it is.

Ah the well, got 3 months of waiting now............

I thought the whole thing about the Chief choosing his successor was stupid. That storyline has been going on for weeks and in the end he just picked Derek who basically said "you take it back since you'll avoid the mistakes better this time". That was really lame and not very believable considering that Derek even implied he might break up with Meredith if she got in the way of his ambition to become Chief.

I have a lot of thoughts and opinions on this episode.

I saw the Cristina/Burke situation completely different than you all... When she said "I'm free" and started ripping the choker off, I interpreted it as she finally realized she really wanted the wedding/marriage and now he's gone. I thought she was devastated. I also dislike Burke right now. It was cruel to put her through the ringer and make her change and then bow out at the alter. She said she was ready. She had made peace with everything.

Mer/Der....Ugh! They just need to split. Find other people. I was rooting for McVet and she didn't pick him. I still think she should have. If Derek hooks up with her sister....I'm going to barf, though. Find another family. It will be a little too Brooke from Bold and the Beautiful for my taste.

Alex was too late. I feel bad for the guy. I wish him and Izzie would hook up again. If she can't have Denny, Alex is my next choice.

Callie was a bit bitchy but if I were in her shoes, I would have already kicked Izzie's skinny ass!

I said in an earlier post that Callie would get chief resident. I can't wait to hear the chief explain that one to Bailey. I hope she comes back next season in full Nazi mode!

I was a bit disappointed in the episode to be honest. The only part I liked were the scenes with the chief and his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by skynet5000;2400713;
    I thought the whole thing about the Chief choosing his successor was stupid. That storyline has been going on for weeks and in the end he just picked Derek who basically said "you take it back since you'll avoid the mistakes better this time". That was really lame and not very believable considering that Derek even implied he might break up with Meredith if she got in the way of his ambition to become Chief.
    Ehhh. The whole show tonight was dumb. Some good acting by several people (Sandra Oh, especially), but I'm feeling pretty grumpy about the whole thing. I'm plenty depressed in my real life, thank you. Don't really need a show that makes me feel more hopeless about life and relationships. Is Shondra trying to self-destruct and chase her audience away with all of this gloom and doom?

On a totally different note.... Was Lexi the girl from the bar? She didn't look like the same person to me. Are you guys sure about it being her?

KatGib, I saw a mix of emotions from Christina. It seemed like total devastation about the relationship ending combined with immense relief that she wasn't having to do all of the stuff that wasn't her. I thought the line, "I'm free...dammit!" pretty much summed it up, and her performance showed the depth of both of those emotions.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 05-18-2007 at 12:17 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Yes, that is Lexi, the girl from the bar.

Derek will end up sleeping with Merediths 1/2 sister (hey if you cant have one grey go for the other one)
    I think Alex letting Ava go was STUPID and then Addy made him come to his senses and go back for her but whata know she was already gone...I hope he goes and gets her!

Basically tonights eppy wasent great I was expecting a whole lot more!

+ Reply to Thread