+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree729Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2392179;
    It seems to me as if Izzie falls for people she thinks she can't have. Denny was dying and a patient....Alex ...well..is Alex...and now George, who has a wife. Perhaps she wants to fall in love and be happy but she doesn't know how or is afraid of actually doing it.
    That's a great point. There are people who intentionally go for people who are unobtainable, because then they protect themselves from getting hurt -- or at least they think so. Maybe Izzy is one of them. Given her past, it would make sense. She can fool herself into thinking she believes in love and is chasing after it, but protect herself at the same time by picking people she knows she'll never have.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-en...reys/800015083

ABC Boss on Grey's Spin-off: "There's Some Work to Do"

In a Tuesday-morning press conference, ABC entertainment president Stephen McPherson said the network is "obviously really thrilled" to include Grey's Anatomy spin-off Private Practice on the schedule, but admitted, "There's some work to do" toward preparing the show which was somewhat tepidly received by critics to stand on its own. Calling the May 3 episode which laid the foundation for the follow-up "not really a pilot, but a hybrid kind of introduction," McPherson says, "We spent a lot of time introducing the characters and not enough time on the stories. We've really got to hit the stories stronger." With the characters established, he says, "What [Grey's creator] Shonda [Rhimes] does brilliantly is the conflict between people and the reality of that. You'll see the intricacies of those relationships."

Accounting for the tonal differences between the two shows one of the nits picked by those lukewarm to Practice McPherson said, "We're not doing an imitation of Grey's. Grey's was a show about these young interns who know nothing, don't know each other and are thrown into this world. [Private Practice presents] a world where people know each other really well, in some cases and the complications that result when your life hasn't necessarily turned out the way you want it to, and you're trying to change it."

At the fore, of course, is Kate Walsh's Dr. Addison Montgomery, whose journey thus far, McPherson notes, "has really captivated people." "It's amazing that a character who can come in as a bitch on wheels becomes some people's favorite," he marveled. "We want to carry that into the world in L.A." Matt Webb Mitovich

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2388971;
    I saw Callie's excitement for George in an entirely different way. For as long as George and Callie have been together, each (especially Callie) has served to push the other one in an encouraging way. George made Callie feel special and loved in a way most men did not. And Callie has made George feel strong and capable of most anything, which is something most people in his life (especially his family) has not done.

Callie rattled off the reason why the Mercy West program would have advantages - smaller program, less surgeries. She also knows that he applied for it ... and most people don't apply for jobs they don't want. So I think she was excited because she thought it was something he wanted.
    Didn't they say it was also a tought place to get into (Mercy West)? I seem to remember them saying that XX number of people are trying to get in there & they only had like 2 spots. To me, that says a lot about George & Callie SHOULD be excited for him. That's what marriage is. She could've thought that his reluctance is also possible just nervs. It's scary starting fresh with new people at a new job.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Have Callie and George ever discussed their relationship and their problems in general without it turning into a fight/argument?
    I ask because i don't recall. I think they have so many things go against them then for them. If she hasn't already, she shouldn't just tell Isobel to not be soo attached to her husband but also relay that message crispy clear to George. Though at this point, he's already strayed and hasn't come clean. Communication has so far not been their forte(pun intended).
    Plus, i don't think they knew eachother too long when they got married so their foundation isn't the strongest it could be.
    George going to another hospital is a step towards something, what that is, i don't know. They could even try couples counseling.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

LG.

but AmyLee, haven't you heard. Shonda has dictated that we are all supposed to WANT George and Izzy to be some big love story, so why bother trying to salvage George and Callie's marriage.

nope, I'm with you, if Callie is serious about wanting a marriage with George, serious enough to consider having a baby, then she needs to put some effort into the marriage, get some counseling, start talking to him and straighten things out. That is what mature people would do anyway, but apparently we're now supposed to buy that grieving Izzy is "totally in love" with George and he should dump his wife to be with her.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm seriously turned off by the idea of anything George/Izzie. It just doesn't seem like a well crafted idea, heck it's almost incestuous.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I'm really over Izzie & have been for a while now. Can they PLEASE make her fail the test?

Quote Originally Posted by FORTFanGirl;2392881;
    I'm really over Izzie & have been for a while now. Can they PLEASE make her fail the test?
    I totally agree with you....I don't usually post but with the finale tonight, I have to.....Izzie is the biggest drama queen on TV....While I felt sorry for her at the begining of the season with Denny dying, as the season progressed, I felt the show really turned her into this cold hearted shrew....I hope she gets hers tonight along with Derek(REALLY over him)

We've been in a drought for a long time and now all of a sudden it's thundering. If my power goes out and I miss the finale I'll be so mad! I know I can watch it online tomorrow but I want to see it tonight gosh darnit! It's not even 6 pm yet but when my power goes out, sometimes it's out for several hours (and the slightest wind WILL cause an outage). *Keeping fingers crossed storm will not mess up my shows*

ETA: Grrr, as suspected I just experienced outage #1 and the lights are flickering as if about to go out again. I'll be setting and resetting clocks and vcr's all night probably.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 05-17-2007 at 06:09 PM.

Okay, all through the episode it was ho-hum, not finale material at all. But the last 10 minutes came through big time.

+ Reply to Thread