+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree730Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I just saw a commercial for Grey's where Izzy told George she loved him. I threw up a little in the back of my throat. Please make this storyline go away.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2390937;
    Those are all really good points, and I was on board until I heard Bailey rip George a new one. If there is really such a drastic difference in the quality of the two programs, then I'm surprised that Callie wouldn't have said the same things to George that Bailey said. It seems like something a supportive wife would have at least challenged if she didn't have some sort of investment in him leaving Seattle Grace.
    Isn't that a matter of perspective though? For some reason, I have quite a few friends who are CPAs. A couple of them work for top firms in the nation. They're small fish in a HUGE pond, and don't think there's anywhere better to work. They get the prestige of the name on their business card, and the exposure to top people in their line of work, access to information, etc. A couple others work for smaller accounting firms of the mom and pop variety. One of them has said he'd NEVER go to work for a huge firm, because he'd be so lost among the masses there, and enjoys being a big fish in a small pond. He gets more exposure to clients, more opportunities for expanding the things he does, etc.

It's all different strokes for different folks. Sounds to me like in this case, Mercy West offers the opportunity to be exposed and participating in more surgeries, but with less prestegious doctors. Seattle Grace will give you a chance to work with top doctors in their specialties, but you're sharing them with more people, and spend a lot more time on the sidelines watching. There are pros and cons to both which will be viewed differently by different people. It makes sense that those who have chosen Seattle Grace would think it's the best ... but that doesn't mean that those at Mercy West are looking at SGH longingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2391129;
    I just saw a commercial for Grey's where Izzy told George she loved him. I threw up a little in the back of my throat. Please make this storyline go away.

Yeah, I'm not really on the George/Izzie train. I like him with Callie.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2391129;
    Unfortunately, it won't go away, the producers and writers are positive that Izzy and George will be together and that we will love them. I don't like it when people tell me what to think.

LG.

I think they have missed the boat completely with this one (George and Izzy). I too dislike being told who to "buy" as a couple, and I think this whole paring is completely unrealistic and ridiculous.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

It is just too soon after the whole "denny" thing. I know about the "rebound" thing, my sister went through it after her husband died, but this was been literally weeks or a couple months... it doesn't come that quickly, unless she really wasn't in love with Denny.

Alex and Izzy, McSteamy and Izzy... but not George.
    Tahoe bound....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2391456;
    It's all different strokes for different folks. Sounds to me like in this case, Mercy West offers the opportunity to be exposed and participating in more surgeries, but with less prestegious doctors. Seattle Grace will give you a chance to work with top doctors in their specialties, but you're sharing them with more people, and spend a lot more time on the sidelines watching. There are pros and cons to both which will be viewed differently by different people. It makes sense that those who have chosen Seattle Grace would think it's the best ... but that doesn't mean that those at Mercy West are looking at SGH longingly.
    From the way this show has come along, I think that SGH must be a Level 1 trauma center, which is superb training for a surgeon. You get to experience all kinds of stuff. Depending on what his area of surgical specialty will be (and I don't think he's decided), he'd probably do well to stay at SGH until he decides. Marriage problems or not. I'm not sure emotional issues are a reason to switch crucial training programs. When you start making decisions with your heart (or whatever) and not the brain above your shoulders...you are bound to go wrong...although I do understand about the desire to clip the Izzie daily exposure. I think he would just be very sorry if he left, period. And if his marriage falls apart (which a lot of us think will happen), he'll be more resentful than ever.

It's called Just Say No!!!

I do agree with Veruka. It all depends on what you are looking for.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.

Not to mention how mad Izzy was with Meredith for sleeping with George, telling Mere that if they didn't "fix things" that she was picking George's side. And here she goes, sleeping with him while he's married. Smooth move.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Veruka, I see what you're saying about "different strokes." I hadn't thought about it that way. I do agree with the other poster, though, who said that they think George would deeply regret his decision later (from a career perspective), but maybe he wouldn't regret it in terms of feeling good about making that sacrifice in order to "do the right thing."

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2392052;
    It is just too soon after the whole "denny" thing. I know about the "rebound" thing, my sister went through it after her husband died, but this was been literally weeks or a couple months... it doesn't come that quickly, unless she really wasn't in love with Denny.

Alex and Izzy, McSteamy and Izzy... but not George.
    Since this is season two, and a whole year of my life has gone by since Denny died, I forget that the interns are just finishing their first year, so maybe it hasn't been very long in TV time since Denny died.

For me, though, that actually kind of makes the George thing make more sense. With the Denny situation, we've already seen that Izzie doesn't have a sense of whom it's appropriate to get emotionally involved with. (Not saying I didn't love the Denny storyline, but still....) And as for whether or not she was really in love with Denny or with George, I'm beginning to think she's maybe just in love with indulging herself in whatever intense situation she's taking for love at the moment.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

It seems to me as if Izzie falls for people she thinks she can't have. Denny was dying and a patient....Alex ...well..is Alex...and now George, who has a wife. Perhaps she wants to fall in love and be happy but she doesn't know how or is afraid of actually doing it.

+ Reply to Thread