+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Okay... I've been trying to (half-heartedly) figure out where I have seen the actor that plays Thatcher before.

As I sit here watching Happy Gilmore for the umpteenth time, I am giggling realizing that he's the heckler in the crowd that keeps screaming "Gilmore, you suck, jackass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2386778;
    Yeah, he's ticking me off, too. He tells her that he's tired of breathing for her, and then when she tries to breathe for herself and not be all dependent on him, he's pissed. If he's going to have a Savior complex, he needs to at least be consistent about it.
    Good Alex/bad Alex, good Derek/bad Derek, good Izzie/crazy bad Izzie -- this show is driving me crazy with so many Dr Jekyll/Hyde characters

wow... I like Alex a whole lot more than I like Izzy. Who saw that one coming? lol
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2388559;
    Good Alex/bad Alex, good Derek/bad Derek, good Izzie/crazy bad Izzie -- this show is driving me crazy with so many Dr Jekyll/Hyde characters
    Me, too. The writers need to talk to each other--or at least read the previous week's script.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I REALLY do not like Callie, at this point. I thought she was horrid when she was reacting so gleefully to George's news about getting in to Mercy West, while completely ignoring his obvious lack of excitement. That just seemed way, way too selfish for me to sympathize with her. I'm a selfish person too -- it takes one to know one -- and I know it's a FAULT.

I'm rooting for Izzy & George, because there is something "off" about Callie.

I don't mind too much that the characters are multi-faceted, sometimes good and sometimes bad. That makes the show more realistic. Too often we expect TVland people to be either good OR bad... but it reality, a person is both good AND bad, depending on which day or situation you catch them in.

I hope we find out more about axe-man next week.

LG.

for me the dramatic character changes are not a matter of them being "good" or "bad" but with them acting consistently from episode to episode. I agree with the prior posters who think this is due to the fact that on their staff, individual writers are charged with writing episodes "in a vacuum" without knowing complely what another writer is having the same characters do a week or two weeks before. It makes the characters seem very illogical / psychophrenic, and it's frustrating.

I like Callie, though, and I don't blame her from wanting to get her husband away from Izzy, whom she justifiably sees as a threat to her marriage. Callie is not "more" at fault for her and George's troubles in their marriage. I really hope they keep Callie's character around, with or without George.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

I saw Callie's excitement for George in an entirely different way. For as long as George and Callie have been together, each (especially Callie) has served to push the other one in an encouraging way. George made Callie feel special and loved in a way most men did not. And Callie has made George feel strong and capable of most anything, which is something most people in his life (especially his family) has not done.

Callie rattled off the reason why the Mercy West program would have advantages - smaller program, less surgeries. She also knows that he applied for it ... and most people don't apply for jobs they don't want. So I think she was excited because she thought it was something he wanted.

LG.

good points, Veruka. And Callie has worked at Seattle Grace at least a couple years more than George has and knows what an incestuous bunch it is. She probably figures it would be better if they didn't both work at the same place. Heck, my parents worked at the same place together for decades and I know I sure wouldn't want to ever do that. Yikes. I'll see you at home.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2388971;
    I saw Callie's excitement for George in an entirely different way. For as long as George and Callie have been together, each (especially Callie) has served to push the other one in an encouraging way. George made Callie feel special and loved in a way most men did not. And Callie has made George feel strong and capable of most anything, which is something most people in his life (especially his family) has not done.

Callie rattled off the reason why the Mercy West program would have advantages - smaller program, less surgeries. She also knows that he applied for it ... and most people don't apply for jobs they don't want. So I think she was excited because she thought it was something he wanted.
    Those are all really good points, and I was on board until I heard Bailey rip George a new one. If there is really such a drastic difference in the quality of the two programs, then I'm surprised that Callie wouldn't have said the same things to George that Bailey said. It seems like something a supportive wife would have at least challenged if she didn't have some sort of investment in him leaving Seattle Grace.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Well, Callie does have a very good reason to send him off to another hospital. She is tryng to separate him from Izzie. Callie is thinking like a woman trying to save a relationship, not like a doctor or a mentor. If he isn't in as good a program, well that is the price of saving her marriage.

I have to admit, I'm starting to lose interest in this show. The writing is just not as sharp as if was the first season.
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread