+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

yep it was eerily similar, and she looks similar, she acts similiarily ... I hope they aren't setting the stage for Derek to have an affair with pseudo-Mere. That would be too weird.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2386062;
    First off .. bargirl HAS to be Meredith's half sister .... she's the one who was with Thatcher at the hospital and pulled him back into the elevator.
    No, that was Molly with Thatcher although she does bear a strong resemblence to bargirl. She even said "Lexie's waiting for us".

This Izzy storyline is driving me nuts.
    She starts the season off laying on the bathroom floor morning over Denny. She can't function, can't sleep, can't go into the hospital, bakes everything in the house to keep busy. This went on for a few shows. Denny has not been dead that long.
    Now she claims to be in love with George. Give me a break.
    Which brings me to her and George. They are supposed to be "best" friends. She sees what he is going through. If she is such a "best" friend why doesn't she offer to leave instead of him. She knows they can't continue to work together.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by march;2386117;
    This Izzy storyline is driving me nuts.
    She starts the season off laying on the bathroom floor morning over Denny. She can't function, can't sleep, can't go into the hospital, bakes everything in the house to keep busy. This went on for a few shows. Denny has not been dead that long.
    Now she claims to be in love with George. Give me a break.
    Which brings me to her and George. They are supposed to be "best" friends. She sees what he is going through. If she is such a "best" friend why doesn't she offer to leave instead of him. She knows they can't continue to work together.
    The Denny component is the only thing that could make Izzy's actions seem real to me -- only I don't think the writers are being motivated by that. When they were all together for the bachelorette party and Izzy gave her speech to which Meredith say "You're talking about Denny, right?" I got hte impression that Izzy's yes was to cover up in front of Callie. If it had been a sincere yes, that it was about Denny, I could buy it. It would make sense to me that she saw George happy with the woman he loves, Christina happy with the man she loves, and Meredith happy with the man she loves (not really, but in Izzy's eyes ... and Meredith and Derek were happier when George and Izzy hooked up) and could be feeling so lonely, and also so in love with the idea of love that she'd mistake attention for George as the real thing. I could totally buy that -- that her pining for the man she loved so much who died too soon would lead her to making some stupid decisions. I'm just not convinced that the writers see that as her motivation.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2376313;
    ...didn't they say that the chief finds out that his estranged wife is pregnant, so it's probably her.
    Props to phro for this call.

(am I forgiven now?)
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2386096;
    No, that was Molly with Thatcher although she does bear a strong resemblence to bargirl. She even said "Lexie's waiting for us".
    I agree! I went back and looked at every detail between the two right after the show aired. They are wearing different clothes and hair is parted on opposite sides as well. It wouldn't make sense Molly is married and has a baby, why go out bar hopping?

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

okay, now that i've caught up on grey's, i have to admit, i'm not too impressed with the spinoff story. my daughter really liked it so i'm sure we'll be recording it and i'll give it another change this fall.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2386366;
    Props to phro for this call.

(am I forgiven now?)
    Well of course you are!!

About the finale, we've got a movie theater here that is throwing a Grey's Anatomy finale party in the theater and is advertising for you to bring all of your girlfriends on Thursday. Anybody else got that going on in their town? Sounds like a good time with a lot of crazy people to me! I've even got some scrubs that I can wear! I know I'll have to record it at home, too, since I don't count on being able to catch the whole thing like I want at the theater.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 05-12-2007 at 09:15 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

oh wow, i've never heard of anything like that before ... but it sounds like it'd be FUN!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2386062;
    First off .. bargirl HAS to be Meredith's half sister .... she's the one who was with Thatcher at the hospital and pulled him back into the elevator.

Secondly I think that Miranda thought she and Sydney (McHappy) were the only ones going for the Chief Resident position. she looked a little shell shocked when she found out that Callie threw her hat into the ring too. Miranda knows how good Callie is and how much the other doctors respect her (as much as they respect Miranda) so Miranda now has some real competition for the CR spot.

I didn't like Thatcher, I hate weak men. The more we see of Thatcher the more I understand why Ellis thought George was Thatcher when she was altered.
    Callie is going to kick some ass when she finds out about George and Izzy. I feel really sorry for her, she's SO in love and he's so not worthy of her. His little speech to Meredith about doing things you really regret after losing a parent was a slap in the face to Callie. George needs a spanking.
    Derek is ticking me off. Meredith needs some space to finally stand on her own two feet and Derek is being all whiney about it. He wants her to chase him but she's not in any shape to do that. He needs to just 'be there', be her rock. blah they are both pissing me off.
    Yeah, he's ticking me off, too. He tells her that he's tired of breathing for her, and then when she tries to breathe for herself and not be all dependent on him, he's pissed. If he's going to have a Savior complex, he needs to at least be consistent about it.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread