+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree710Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2384561;
    I don't think the Chief is going to give Bailey the Chief Resident spot because he sees already how much time she's spending at the hospital and he doesn't want her family to suffer like his did. I'm sure Bailey will be crushed and won't take the news lightly but I think at this time in her life while her son is young that not being CR will be what's best for her.
    From a drama perspective, it woudln't surprise me if Bailey doesn't get chief resident. She so firmly believes that she's the best that it would make good devestated drama for her to deal with the blow of not getting the post. But if the reason given is that she needs to have more time for her family, I hope that Bailey makes a call to the lawyers on Boston Legal for a cross over episode!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2384578;
    But if the reason given is that she needs to have more time for her family, I hope that Bailey makes a call to the lawyers on Boston Legal for a cross over episode!
    I was just going to say this (except for the "Boston Legal" part! ). If she's the most qualified, she should be offered the position (and the chance to accept or decline the job). The Chief isn't her father and it isn't up to him to determine what's best for her or her family. I don't know what her husband does, but they may have one of those relationships where he's with the baby more than Bailey. Nothing wrong with that.

I remember being at a job when I was very young (right out of school) and learned that I was being paid less than a male counterpart (who was older and married) that did the same job as me. The reason? I was single, and the the boss told someone (not me) that I was young and cute and would marry a man who would support me, whereas the other guy was the sole provider for his family. WTF?!!! And this wasn't a small mom and pop operaton where you'd expect more of that kind of thing... (And not for nothing but I didn't get married for a LONG time so by his reckoning, I deserved to starve and fend for myself since I didn't have the wits to get married young! )

Callie is in some serious denial - planning a baby when her issue with George and Izzie still isn't resolved to her satisfaction. She sees them together, fumes then tells Addison that she's planning a baby. She's smart, does she really have to fall into that trap of thinking that a baby solves marital problems? (must remember: soap opera)
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2383874;
    I am so over George! I just don't see those two women being so in love with him especially Izzy.
    I hate this storyline. There's no way an Izzy is going for a George. My sister says they put them together because in real life Knight is the only cast member still close with Heigle. Apparently she alienated most of the cast when she revealed details of her contract negotiations. At least, that's what my sister sez.

Quote Originally Posted by CelineCarey;2384325;
    Aren't hospital stays like $20,000 a night? She's fine, her baby's fine; "Ava" needs to go already.
    The hospital bill would have been taken care of by the ferry company's insurance company.

Thank God they got rid of the bad teeth. It as driving me nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2384578;
    I hope that Bailey makes a call to the lawyers on Boston Legal for a cross over episode!
    Love the idea, but I doubt the lawyers from Boston are coming out to Seattle to take the case.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Mark doesn't get that much screen time which is why he should be chief, then again, Mark doesn't get much screen time which is why he likely wont get it.

They'll probably give it to Derek or Miranda( I disagree with the latter because she's has a small child and husband).
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2385048;
    Mark doesn't get that much screen time which is why he should be chief, then again, Mark doesn't get much screen time which is why he likely wont get it.
    What the...

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2385048;
    They'll probably give it to Derek or Miranda( I disagree with the latter because she's has a small child and husband).
    They're up for different jobs: Derek for Chief of Staff or Chief of Surgery and Bailey is up for Chief Resident.

The should give Preston the Chief of Staff job and make Derek Chief of Surgery, IMHO. I don't think that, IRL, anyone considering Bailey for Chief Resident would look at her family at all. If she's interested in the position and is the most qualified, she should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David
    There's no way an Izzy is going for a George.
    Don't minimize the charms of those Georges, Uncle David. They've often got a lot more going for them than the McSteamys of the world
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2385451;
    Don't minimize the charms of those Georges, Uncle David. They've often got a lot more going for them than the McSteamys of the world
    I agree Critical! But they usually don't capture the hearts of the Izzy's of the world.

First off .. bargirl HAS to be Meredith's half sister .... she's the one who was with Thatcher at the hospital and pulled him back into the elevator.

Secondly I think that Miranda thought she and Sydney (McHappy) were the only ones going for the Chief Resident position. she looked a little shell shocked when she found out that Callie threw her hat into the ring too. Miranda knows how good Callie is and how much the other doctors respect her (as much as they respect Miranda) so Miranda now has some real competition for the CR spot.

I didn't like Thatcher, I hate weak men. The more we see of Thatcher the more I understand why Ellis thought George was Thatcher when she was altered.
    Callie is going to kick some ass when she finds out about George and Izzy. I feel really sorry for her, she's SO in love and he's so not worthy of her. His little speech to Meredith about doing things you really regret after losing a parent was a slap in the face to Callie. George needs a spanking.
    Derek is ticking me off. Meredith needs some space to finally stand on her own two feet and Derek is being all whiney about it. He wants her to chase him but she's not in any shape to do that. He needs to just 'be there', be her rock. blah they are both pissing me off.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2386062;
    First off .. bargirl HAS to be Meredith's half sister .... she's the one who was with Thatcher at the hospital and pulled him back into the elevator.
    Did you notice how she used almost the same identical line that Meredith did when she hooked up with Derek in the bar? A bit of irony...

+ Reply to Thread