+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2380528;
    Does Meredith have more than one sister? The only one I know of is the one who had the high-risk pregnancy (wasn't that why she was in the hospital) back when Meredith first met her and the step-mother?

I didn't remember anything about her being a doctor, so I was quite surprised when Thatcher started talking about someone starting a residency. I wasn't listening very closely at the moment, but I thought it was the sister's husband or something.

Anyone know what was really said?
    She has two sisters. Molly is the one who had the baby and Lexie (I think that's what Thatcher said) is the one who is going to be starting her residency.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2380964;
    She has two sisters. Molly is the one who had the baby and Lexie (I think that's what Thatcher said) is the one who is going to be starting her residency.
    Interesting. Thanks!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I honestly do not care for Thatcher. I cannot come to like him. I can see that he's grieving but treating Meredith like that isn't right. Richard has been more of a father to Meredith from what i can tell.
    It was nice seeing Addi back, love her. I'm tired of the George/Izzie crap. Seriously!
    I actually don't want Miranda to get chief because i'd hate for her to lose her family. She didn't even get a chance to listen to her child on the phone.
    Karev seems a little too upset at Rebecca. It seems that he took it quite personal, though why would/wouldn't he?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

shonda needs to give meredith a break!!! could that much crap happen to one person? seriously! go torture someone else shonda!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2383175;
    Karev seems a little too upset at Rebecca. It seems that he took it quite personal, though why would/wouldn't he?
    I thought that was one of the most real things about this episode. They have been really close and sharing lots of information over the weeks and now he finds that she has been lying about everything all along. Karev might be wondering what else she lied about and whether anything she has ever said was genuine.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

The writers must not go into Derek/stepsister territory.
    So, should we take bets that we will be left hanging at the wedding - will she won't she - until next season? I say we will be left with the lingering shot of the closed church doors, wondering if Cristina will walk through them. Frankly, it's been a cute story line but I don't much care, so the suspense won't be killing me.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Thatcher was a real jerk to Meredith last night. I know he is in grieving, but come on. She wasn't the only one on the case. I'm glad to see that her friends stood behind her and talked to the chief about the exam. And the end when the Chief hugged her and she broke down was nice. He has been more of a father figure to her than her own stupid ass father. Glad someone was there to be her rock.

I do not care for the George/Izzie story line. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago that she still wasn't over Denny?? And now, she's in love with George. I'm beginning to think the girl doesn't know what love is.

Bailey was awesome last night. Taking charge of the interns that should have been studying. Then when they brought the final climber in.

Derek seems to be so full of himself lately. He needs to take a step back and look at his behavior.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I'm sorry that they didn't delve into the Thatcher story before killing off Meredith's mom. It's becoming evident the more we see of him that the lack of a relationship that Meredith had with him growing was not necessarily her mother's fault. The more we see of him, the more sympathethic her mom becomes. I think that in many ways, Meredith grew up in the not surprising mindset of loving the absent parent and blaming the one who is present. The writers could get into a good story if Meredith had come to those realizations more while her mom was still alive. But then again, they could also get into some great storylines between Thatcher and the chief, and they seem to be avoiding that too!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2383642;
    I think that in many ways, Meredith grew up in the not surprising mindset of loving the absent parent and blaming the one who is present.
    Absolutely! And to a certain extent, so did the viewers. It was easy to villify the strong mom and like the bumbling, cuckolded dad. I've got to wonder why Dr. Grey married Thatcher. She was such a strong go getter. Was she ever wishy washy like Meredith when she was younger and just settled for him? I wonder if the mom saw a little bit of Thatcher in Derek and that's one of the reasons she didn't want Mere to be so involved with him (the other reason being detracting her from her work).

You would think that if nothing else, Thatcher would've had some peace of mind knowing that especially with his own daughter in the operating room, they did all that they could for his wife, who obviously liked (if not loved) Meredith. It makes me wonder how he could've been such a good husband/father to his second family and such a crappy one when Meredith was a kid.

As for the Chief's estranged wife...pregnant at 52? I want whatever she's having! I totally don't buy it though... I know it happens on occasion, but it's a one in a million type of thing. It'd be a lot more believable if Addison accidentally got pregnant. Or heck, even if one of the GUYS got pregnant...

I don't know if this was apparent in last night's episode, but this week's writer over at Grey Matter said Thatcher was drunk when he came in the hospital ranting at Meredith. I really dislike Thatcher. I tried to see him as the husband who was shut-out of his daughter's life but thinking more about it, he could probably have gained custody because of Ellis' work schedule and affair. He could have hired a very good attorney and fought for custody but he was spineless then and he's spineless now. I'd be happy if we never saw his brooding, whiny mug again.

A little more about my theory that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    bargirl is Meredith's half-sis Lexie - it's entirely possible she (Lexie) knows who Derek is and that he's Meredith's boyfriend. Off camera Meredith may have given Susan a photo of herself which could include Derek. Or, as someone who is going through med school, she may be privvy to hospital gossip and she certainly would be interested in learning about Meredith. I think she's going to turn out to be manipulative (like Rebecca on Brothers & Sisters). That is, IF she is even Mer's sister.

+ Reply to Thread