+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Watching old episodes of Grey's.
    God it is so sad to see what this show has become.
    It was so light, fresh and fun!
    Not so freaking melodramatic.
    And Ellen Pompeo actually looked young, and not like a prune.
    I wish it would go back to the way it was in Season 1.
    Unfortunately I think it's beyond repair.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

I don't think Addison ran away solely because of Alex's rejection. LOL, we are partially thinking it is that because of what "Mark" said. But Mark has to be as big a reason as Alex. Mark tells her that he broke their bet and that hurts her. Then she trys to blow it off and get a drink with Alex and he is pretty harsh. But I think the final break-up with Mark has her more upset. I also think that that is the catalyst for her wanting to have a baby. Isn't it recent that it was the anniversary of her abortion of his child?
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

The thing about Addison wanting a baby all of the sudden...a year after she aborted her baby with Mark. That storyline just came out of nowhere and isn't believable (to me) in the least. I have some friends who NEVER wanted to have babies--ever--and after they got divorced, they began blaming their ex's on taking away the best years of their lives and not being able to have children now. I don't say anything but I know that they don't really want kids--they just like being able to blame someone for their inability to have one now.

OK, if Addison had always wanted a baby, she most likely would've kept that baby 'cause she was already, what, 38? 39? 40? As a well respected OB/GYN (or heck, any doctor) would know, her fertility rates began declining at 35. So this could be her last chance to have a baby. Yes, it was Mark's and not Derek's (as she would've preferred), but I'm telling you--the urge to have a baby is so strong that if she wanted a baby, she would've kept that baby. So I find it highly NOT believable that she wants to have a child now to shake up her life. That, to me, isn't that much more sane or well thought out than teenage girls who want to get pregnant so they'll have someone to love them unconditionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2373564;
    That, to me, isn't that much more sane or well thought out than teenage girls who want to get pregnant so they'll have someone to love them unconditionally.
    Ding ding ding..... that is what I assumed all along when I saw that Addison now wanted to have a baby. She had just come to realize that she didn't want to get back together with Mark, and that her growing feelings for Alex were thrown right back in her face. She didn't want a baby, she wanted the unconditional love that would have come from a baby.

Broadway ding ding dinged me! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by amychell;2372382;
    I just watched the episode last night and all I could think was how NOT attractive that receptionist/surfer guy was ~ and how silly to have 3 grown women watching him. I mean, I'm 30 years old and I thought he looked like a goofy little kid who was in major need of a haircut . . .

Please get new eye candy....

Stat.
    Just give the guy a new head Or make him a superhero so he wears a mask. From the neck down, he was pretty nice, if i say so myself
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2373701;
    Just give the guy a new head Or make him a superhero so he wears a mask. From the neck down, he was pretty nice, if i say so myself
    And the neck down seemed to be what they were focusing on....talk about your abs fetish! Good grief!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I didn't realize Tim daly was that old. He was dressed like a teenager or twenty-something. You can be older and hot, like George Clooney.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Maybe I'm the only one that feels that babies don't give you unconditional love...that would be your dog or your cat, or whatever. Babies (your children) are usually on the receiving end of the unconditional love. And, as far as Addison wanting a baby, after aborting a baby...emotions, wants, and needs change...and do not freeze, in place, forever.

Wonder when/if she'll consider adopting?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2373916;
    And, as far as Addison wanting a baby, after aborting a baby...emotions, wants, and needs change...and do not freeze, in place, forever.
    That's very true. I just wish they would've given us a little insight into this, rather than just making it seem like an off the cuff thing that the crazy lady who heard talking elevators decided to do! Even if it was just a couple conversations she had with Bailey or the Chief or something--about how she wonders if it's too late for her to find love, much less a baby...

As for adopting, I predict she'll adopt when the show becomes old and stale and they want to infuse some life to it.

+ Reply to Thread