+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty
    I'm really curious now about Alex's past history. What did make him so cold to Addison's approach? And I think it's cool that Ava totally picks up on his vibes.
    I think somewhere in season one Alex mentioned that his father abused him. He has a dark history. I agree that Ava does get him. I like her, and wish that she were more then a guest star.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Sorry, but I have to ask. Isn't anyone else bothered by Ava's teeth? They just seem weird to me.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2371484;
    Sorry, but I have to ask. Isn't anyone else bothered by Ava's teeth? They just seem weird to me.
    Don't worry, it's not just you!
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2371484;
    They had an article in the TV guide awhile back with the picture of the actress playing Ava and she has beautiful teeth...lol. I think they were supposed to have been messed up in the ferry accident, but yes...it grosses me out when she talks because spit sticks to them and it's just ....Ewwww!

I knew I'd seen her before with good teeth.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2370994;
    The spin off was one HUGE clichet. PUhleese... we all don't act so flaky in LA.

Surfers don't walk half dressed through medical offices (they wouldn't even work in one) and they'd be wearing wetsuits if they were going in the water.

We don't all call our doctors by their first names, nor do the real medical people dress and act like these people.

The obligatory picture of the hollywood sign, Addison driving in a vintage 1950's Porsche 356 (although it wasn't real, it was a kit car). The stripped Porsche at the wrecking yard. I guess we all drive convertible sports cars in SoCal.

5 whiny, fighting people instantly calmed into one huge family... oh give me a break! If it was really LA, there'd be at least 5 attorneys right along with them!
    To add to that, a doctor doesn't just walk into a new hospital in a new city and perform surgery/deliver babies. It takes weeks and sometimes months to get through the credentialling process just to get privileges to practice, and that's just if you go to a new hospital in the same city. I'll give the new show a try just so I can watch Taye Diggs and Tim Daly.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't get with this Taye love. He actually makes me sick. I know I shouldn't judge, but I've read so many things that point to him being a married man-whore that I can hardly stand it
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2371657;
    I can't get with this Taye love.
    I'm the same with Tim Daly. In real life he's a self-righteous prig. When I watch him act, that's all I see.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2371594;
    They had an article in the TV guide awhile back with the picture of the actress playing Ava and she has beautiful teeth...lol. I think they were supposed to have been messed up in the ferry accident, but yes...it grosses me out when she talks because spit sticks to them and it's just ....Ewwww!

Yes, remember when when Alex found her, her head was completely under the pile-on (or however you spell it). Her head was quite messed up in that first episode, hugely swollen and purple. If I remember correctly, at one point you could even see how messed up and broken her teeth were. Each week they have made her less gross and "normal"ed her up gradually, as would happen in real life.

I'm wih you, though. It still doesn't take away from the distraction of her teeth/mouthpiece. That said, too, the fact that the actress is wearing a mouthpiece would slur her speech in a way that the character's messed up teeth might slur it.

I was really distracted by Ava's teeth this past episode as well. At least the show is keeping it realistic in that respect. Hopefully she'll get a "makeover" before long, including her teeth, and then Alex will really be smitten!

Off-topic of this show but about actresses and teeth - The actress who played Miranda on Sex In The City - her teeth always bugged me. She didn't have a nice smile (definitely no pearly whites) and I always wondered why she didn't use one of her paychecks to invest in her mouth as that's one of an actor's biggest assets.

+ Reply to Thread