+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree757Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2370309;
    The spin-off doesn't interest me in the least. The only cast member I care for at all is Taye Diggs, and I'm not going to deal with the rest of them just to see him each week. Speaking of weak, I'm already invested in too many TV shows as it is. This program doesn't have enough going for it for me to extend myself even further.
    This is mostly how I feel too, except I'd add Tim Daly along with Taye Diggs as my only reason to watch. It really depends on what night/time they put the show on. I'm not going to start rearranging my dvr habits to accommodate another show. Right now Tues. is wide open for me, and Wed. until 10 pm, so if they put it on either of those nights I might watch. But so far it doesn't seem like it would be "must-see" tv for me. I like Addison but it seems she is just going to be part of another ensemble, and as far as I'm concerned she was doing just fine with the ensemble at Seattle Grace.

Count me in, too, Archie and UncleDavid. I figure when I catch myself thinking - Wow, she packed coordinating earrings for her outfits - the writing must not be holding my interest .
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2370328;
    Wow, she packed coordinating earrings for her outfits - the writing must not be holding my interest .
    I would never have noticed that one.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

The thing that bothered me with the Spin-Off is how they portrayed Addison. She almost seemed whiny and unsure of herself at the beginning. Addison is a very self-assured, take charge kind of women. A ball buster, if you will. I understand they want her to seem vulnerable, but I don't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2370309;
    The spin-off doesn't interest me in the least. The only cast member I care for at all is Taye Diggs, and I'm not going to deal with the rest of them just to see him each week. Speaking of weak, I'm already invested in too many TV shows as it is. This program doesn't have enough going for it for me to extend myself even further.
    This is basically how I feel as well-- if it bored me for two hours the other night, I can't think of any reason that it'll get better.

I checked a few sites and read a few articles on Friday, and I'd say that the reaction has been about 75% in the don't-care-to-hated-it range. The Entertainment Weekly review was really negative, as were a few others. With this reaction, I can't imagine the ratings coming anywhere close to Grey's Anatomy's. They'll pick it up, but how long will it last?

Plus, there are already other new shows that I'm more excited about (Kelsey Grammer's new show, for one). If I'm going to get into a new show, it'll be that.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2370377;
    The thing that bothered me with the Spin-Off is how they portrayed Addison. She almost seemed whiny and unsure of herself at the beginning. Addison is a very self-assured, take charge kind of women. A ball buster, if you will. I understand they want her to seem vulnerable, but I don't buy it.
    Yup, and I found myself wondering if she somehow left about 20 IQ points in Seattle as well. I liked her in Seattle. I didn't know what to make of her in LA, except that she was really awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2370397;
    ...(Kelsey Grammer's new show, for one). If I'm going to get into a new show, it'll be that.

I'm with you 1000% there. I love Grammer and Heaton, and the premise sounds like it will lend to both their strengths. I look forward to the pilot.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I just saw my taped episodes. I loved it!

I still can't stand that Izzy is whining about George in a romantic way. It doesn't work for me. As a drunken mistake, ok, but grow up girl! I mean, she's hot, wealthy, and a doctor. She shouldn't continue to pine for George. I'm glad George is thinking of going to the other hospital...that would give the George/Callie marriage a longer run. Then maybe Izzie can get it together with a new character...or McSteamy! Why aren't they getting it on anyway?

I'm really curious now about Alex's past history. What did make him so cold to Addison's approach? And I think it's cool that Ava totally picks up on his vibes. Maybe she will become a regular? Very interesting she knows several languages. Could she have been an interpreter? A spy? Oooooo

I honestly like the fact that Addison can go to a beachfront holistic type of group medical centre. Way more interesting than going to another hospital. Same old same old. There were many characters to introduce in that spin off and maybe some of the other characters will grow on me. I like that there is a mix of regular medicine, psychiatry, pediatrics, and new age. A lot of stuff could be written around all of that.

I don't find it odd that they portrayed Addison as a weaker person in the episode than she normally is. She was out of her element, her dreams shattered, and she was not in control. She flourishes when she has control and direction. She will get it back by next episode.

I still love Bailey and the way she orders the guys around! Right NOW! LOL.

I missed the part about the Chief's wife being on the floor?

And what a surprise that Mer's step-mom dies suddenly. I started to see it coming though during the show. And her Dad now has a hate-on. Good grief. He'll be out of the show now. Ah, but Mer has a step-sister, right?

I have no idea what they are doing with McDreamy. I guess he's just confused right now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The spin off was one HUGE clichet. PUhleese... we all don't act so flaky in LA.

Surfers don't walk half dressed through medical offices (they wouldn't even work in one) and they'd be wearing wetsuits if they were going in the water.

We don't all call our doctors by their first names, nor do the real medical people dress and act like these people.

The obligatory picture of the hollywood sign, Addison driving in a vintage 1950's Porsche 356 (although it wasn't real, it was a kit car). The stripped Porsche at the wrecking yard. I guess we all drive convertible sports cars in SoCal.

5 whiny, fighting people instantly calmed into one huge family... oh give me a break! If it was really LA, there'd be at least 5 attorneys right along with them!

Too true, Sky. Too true!

Best part of the Addison show: the surfer storyline. Too fun.

All the rest was boring. And kinda stupid. What on earth, a gynocologic surgeon gets rejected by a sexual fling so she runs off to another city and pursues pregnancy? Who does that? Certainly not anyone mentally solid. Pull yourself together, girl, before continuing your practice anywhere.

George & Izzy storyline: I like it. Never been a Callie fan. (By the way, that actress better thank her lucky stars her face is so gorgeous.)

McDreamy: I was kinda surprised he just stood there looking at Mer's dad when he slapped Mer. I guess medical professionals can't let themselves react, but still...

Mer's dad is a sick gross individual. Abandon his daughter, then slap her when the wife he abandoned her for dies? Get him off my TV. I'm sad Mer's step-mom got thrown out of the show this early. Oh well, I guess we won't have to see Mer smiling this much anymore. I found her smiles to be unnatural.

Ava: TOO MANY TEETH!

Yang: Getting fed up with her. Just once, I wish she would be a normal lady and get excited about a wedding.

And I must add that despite my complete boredom with the Addison storyline Thursday night, when I watched the rerun on Friday I found it more interesting than the Seattle Grace storylines.

+ Reply to Thread