+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by ilovenigel;2368600;
    Hi all!!!!
    can anyone please kind tell us how susan (meredith's step mom) died?? i thought she was having hiccups!!!!! and why did thatcher slap meredith anyways? i'm sorry, last night's show was so scattered with the stupid spin off!
    I'm not sure that I understood it entirely, but some sort of infection set in as a result of the tube they inserted into her stomach to stop the acid reflux/hiccups. The antibiotics didn't stop it, and it spread really quickly, which was somehow fatal.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2368604;
    I'm not sure that I understood it entirely, but some sort of infection set in as a result of the tube they inserted into her stomach to stop the acid reflux/hiccups. The antibiotics didn't stop it, and it spread really quickly, which was somehow fatal.
    IIRC, they said something about Sepsis

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2368595;
    What does SGH mean?
    Seattle Grace Hospital.

I thought it was very disturbing that Thatcher slapped Meredith (who obviously was upset about the death, too)--his own flesh and blood. That seemed way out of character. He and Meredith's mom didn't see eye to eye, but Meredith has done nothing to hurt him--if anything, she's slowly been warming up to him (and he's the one who abandoned her--no matter how pushy and dominant his ex was, a man who wants to see his child can and will do so). Most people would hug their daughter over such grief. Does he really think Meredith and the Chief plotted to kill his wife?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2368488;
    I noticed how they're all single, easily setting things up for hookups. I'm not sure if i appreaciate that.
    Exactly. It's too easy for Shonda to play the merry-go-round work-place hook-up game like she's trying to do with Grey's.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2368595;
    What does SGH mean?
    Seattle Grace Hospital

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2368753;
    Seattle Grace Hospital.

I thought it was very disturbing that Thatcher slapped Meredith (who obviously was upset about the death, too)--his own flesh and blood. That seemed way out of character. He and Meredith's mom didn't see eye to eye, but Meredith has done nothing to hurt him--if anything, she's slowly been warming up to him (and he's the one who abandoned her--no matter how pushy and dominant his ex was, a man who wants to see his child can and will do so). Most people would hug their daughter over such grief. Does he really think Meredith and the Chief plotted to kill his wife?
    I think the slap indicated some of the distance that is there between Thatcher and Meredith. As you said, it's a very out of place thing for a man to do to his own flesh and blood -- his FAMILY. But at the same time, the fact that he did indicates that while Meredith IS his family, he doesn't really think of her in that light.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2368827;
    But at the same time, the fact that he did indicates that while Meredith IS his family, he doesn't really think of her in that light.
    I was wondering if he subconsciously didn't blame Meredith and that slapping her was almost his way of getting back at his ex (I can't never remember her name). I don't know how to explain it!

FORT Fogey

i didn't like the spin off one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2368833;
    I was wondering if he subconsciously didn't blame Meredith and that slapping her was almost his way of getting back at his ex (I can't never remember her name). I don't know how to explain it!
    I missed the latter scenes that dealt with this storyline.... so call me an idiot if this had been resolved... but could it have also possibly have been tied into the teasing fact that Meredith and her father had thought that her stepmom had faked her hiccups (or faked herself into them) only to get the two of them together. So yes, there would be a subconcious blaming of Meredith for her stepmom having been there in the first place?

And my darned DVR box just failed tonight so I'm not going to be able to rewatch it! grrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2368978;
    I missed the latter scenes that dealt with this storyline.... so call me an idiot if this had been resolved... but could it have also possibly have been tied into the teasing fact that Meredith and her father had thought that her stepmom had faked her hiccups (or faked herself into them) only to get the two of them together. So yes, there would be a subconcious blaming of Meredith for her stepmom having been there in the first place?

And my darned DVR box just failed tonight so I'm not going to be able to rewatch it! grrrr
    I've thought about this for a bit and I'm wondering if this doesn't give us a little insight to why Merediths mom might have thrown herself into her work and then shut Thatcher out of Merediths life when she was little. Perhaps abuse was the cause of the whole situation.....

+ Reply to Thread