+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2368241;
    I was a little bugged about the way Meredith could sit around drinking and laughing at the end after her father just lost his wife and with Meredith starting to become part of their lives. I know she and her dad are nowhere near being close yet but I just found her ability to so easily let the death of her step-mom roll off her back as if no big deal a bit disturbing.
    I don't think the drinking at the end should be interpreted as a sign that her step-mom's death had rolled off her back. The day my grandmother died, my entire family went out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner so we could get margaritas. Eight of us polished off 3 pitchers. We weren't drinking in a celebratory, "don't care" way. It was more of a "We've just gone through something miserable, and we need a window of escape". If you don't force yourself to have windows of laughter in a period of mourning, the mourning will kill you. Besides, the characters on Grey's have well-established the pattern of drinking after really bad things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2368263;
    I don't think the drinking at the end should be interpreted as a sign that her step-mom's death had rolled off her back. The day my grandmother died, my entire family went out to a Mexican restaurant for dinner so we could get margaritas. Eight of us polished off 3 pitchers. We weren't drinking in a celebratory, "don't care" way. It was more of a "We've just gone through something miserable, and we need a window of escape". If you don't force yourself to have windows of laughter in a period of mourning, the mourning will kill you. Besides, the characters on Grey's have well-established the pattern of drinking after really bad things happen.
    And everyone grieves differently. Her dad just slapped her and that was where the "to sucky family" quote came from. Thatcher is a worthless gutless worm and getting drunk with friends would be healthy.

I'm pretty mixed on the spin-off, but it really seems like critics did not care for it at all. There were parts I didn't like, especially the contrast between the two "shows". I don't think the spin-off is enough to sustain a show, but I'm sure ABC will milk the show for all it's worth.

I thought there wasn't enough SGH in this episode. Particularly how quickly Meredith's "stepmom" went from hiccups to dying.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I noticed how they're all single, easily setting things up for hookups. I'm not sure if i appreaciate that.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

The only part I enjoyed about the spin off was Tim Daley. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2368055;
    I've kept thinking that she looks 20 years older than he does.... it just would not work any longer.
    She was the oldest of the St. Elmo's Fire bunch, she was 26, married with two kids at the time. She'd be 48 now and has 5 children. Rob Lowe is 5 years younger.
    In this life you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant...I recommend pleasant.

She was also pregnant during the filming of St. Elmo's Fire. That was filmed in 1985 and she already had two kids by that time. She also had a child in '85, another in '86, and another in 87. Her oldest son, born in 1981, committed suicide in 2005!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2367994;
    I forgot to mention one thing that really really annoyed me about Tim Daly's character -- The man is over 50 and a doctor. Do they REALLY need to dress him like a finalist on American Idol?
    Veruka, too funny and too true!

I nearly fell asleep during last night's show and the spinoff stuff gave me headaches. The stuff in Seattle I thought was good or had potential, but the scenes were few and far between and that just crushed its flow.

Hated most of it, but it's clear that I'm not the only one who felt that way.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2368473;
    I'm pretty mixed on the spin-off, but it really seems like critics did not care for it at all. There were parts I didn't like, especially the contrast between the two "shows". I don't think the spin-off is enough to sustain a show, but I'm sure ABC will milk the show for all it's worth.

I thought there wasn't enough SGH in this episode. Particularly how quickly Meredith's "stepmom" went from hiccups to dying.
    I thought the spinoff pilot was boring. Pretty hard to do with a cast of excellent and interesting actors.

What does SGH mean?

Oh, and I didn't like that they killed off Meredith's fake mommy either. Thatcher's reaction was way out of line with the character. Mr. Milk-toast suddenly becomes the type that hits someone when he's upset??? I get that he was in pain and couldn't believe what happened, and I thought he portrayed that part very well, but hitting Meredith didn't make sense at all to me. If he was going to get violent, I could see him going after the Chief like someone else suggested, but not Meredith.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Hi all!!!!
    can anyone please kind tell us how susan (meredith's step mom) died?? i thought she was having hiccups!!!!! and why did thatcher slap meredith anyways? i'm sorry, last night's show was so scattered with the stupid spin off!

+ Reply to Thread