+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Am I the only one who thinks they totally missed the opportunity for a HUGE story angle with Meredith's step mom dying? There's a rather significant connection in that the man who stole away his first wife in an affair was the surgeon who lost his second wife on the operating table ... doesn't it stand to reason that there'd be some tension there? And it went TOTALLY ignored by the writers! To me, that tension would have been far more powerful and dramatic then what happened between him and Meredith.

I guess I'm also the only one who LOVED what was going on between Christina and Burke. To me, the differences they have and the way they work around them are what makes them such a great couple. For their wedding, I love that both of them recognize that being married is far more important than having a wedding. Christina is willing to do some things she woudln't choose normally because she loves Burke. Burke is willing to overcome his dream of a bride who is in to all the details, because he loves Christina. Throughout their relationship they've had those conflicts and, as bull-headed as they both are, overcome them because they love each other. I LOVE that!

I also loved the interaction between Callie and Christina. The scene where Callie was roped into being a bridesmaid, and the one where she was declaring her ground rules for being one really highlighted just how much alike those two are. I hope they build on that!

I'm still holding back judgement on the spin off. I don't think they really gave an accurate picture, since their main focus was introducing the characters. I did laugh at how much time I spent figuring out who each one was in comparison to their Grey's counterpart (the pediatrician as George, the shrink as Izzy, etc) My real world logic wondered why on earth Addison would choose to surround herself in an environment of so many failed relationships if her goal right now is marriage and children. If it's picked up (which i assume it will be) I will watch. But then let's be honest -- if it was a horrible terrible show with Tim Daly in it, I'd watch. Heck, I even watched The Fugitive, and several horrendous movies that only appear on Showtime because of Tim Daly.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2367301;
    I knew that elevator god stuff was going to be a security guard. I was so hoping they wouldn't have Addison go off her rocker (kind of like Ally McBeal did with the Dancing Baby visions).
    I feared the same thing. I returned to Grey's last night to see the new spin off. I liked it. I didn't love it, but it was the set-up episode. As expected with Shonda Rimes, there was a lot of sex talk and some playing with reality. Could a doctor not employed at a practice and not covered by their insurane really see patients and deliver a baby? Oh well. I see some office hook-up potential with the guy at the desk and the divorced doctor (I forget her name, Taye Digg's characters ex-wife). I still can't stand Izzie, so I tuned out most of her scenes. I'll give the spin off a try.

I think the spin off is fine, without Addison. She is too intelligent for that messed up bunch. Even McSteamy is better than any of those men. I like Tim Daly, but he just no match for Addison.

I'm glad they sent her back to Seattle. Now stay there. I'd rather see if her match with McSteamy could be realized. His personality is being tweaked to make him more likeable rather than "lustable". Even going all "noble" so that Addison doesn't feel guilty.

I didn't find too much likeable in he LA group and being a SoCal person, it was way too artificial. Every cliche was thrown out there. Come on, most surfers don't have such fantastic abs. Unless it is summer, they'd all be wearing wetsuits anyway.

Sorry to see step mommy go. I though there was a good relationship brewing there. Derek is a schmuck. Don't like the whole "self-absorbed" behavior he's been showing the last few episodes. He's losing his attractiveness.

Awwww they killed off Mare Winningham (the stepmon). I know she didn't add much to the storyline, but I've always liked her as an actress. As for the new show, eh, it was OK. I doubt I'll watch it.
    In this life you can be oh so smart or oh so pleasant...I recommend pleasant.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Sujoly;2367977;
    Awwww they killed off Mare Winningham (the stepmon). I know she didn't add much to the storyline, but I've always liked her as an actress. As for the new show, eh, it was OK. I doubt I'll watch it.
    Maybe now they can cast her on Brothers and Sisters, and she can some how pine for Rob Lowe's character, since she did that so well in St Elmos Fire.

I forgot to mention one thing that really really annoyed me about Tim Daly's character -- The man is over 50 and a doctor. Do they REALLY need to dress him like a finalist on American Idol?

My laugh out loud moment was when Bailey commanded George and Burke to talk to each other.
    I'm sorry to see stepmom go, too.
    I love Diahann Carroll!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2367994;
    Maybe now they can cast her on Brothers and Sisters, and she can some how pine for Rob Lowe's character, since she did that so well in St Elmos Fire.
    I've kept thinking that she looks 20 years older than he does.... it just would not work any longer.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2368055;
    I've kept thinking that she looks 20 years older than he does.... it just would not work any longer.
    She did look old!

I haven't ever been a fan of hers.. Like Holly Hunter.. its that Lip thing and the way they talk that drives me crazy. She fit the fake mommy part however, as she is nearly 50.. I always thought she was too old looking in St Elmo's Fire hehe.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2367994;
    I forgot to mention one thing that really really annoyed me about Tim Daly's character -- The man is over 50 and a doctor. Do they REALLY need to dress him like a finalist on American Idol?
    OMG....this just made me choke on my candy I'm chewing. I was wondering why he was dressed that way myself.

I liked the spin off, but not enough for Addison to stay there. I like her much better at Seattle Grace.

Loved Bailey's comment to Burke and George about them talking to one another.

Can't believe Derek is being a jerk again. Sorry to see stepmom go. I thought there was a SL there.

Callie telling Christina exactly what she won't do as a bridesmaid was funny
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I was a little bugged about the way Meredith could sit around drinking and laughing at the end after her father just lost his wife and with Meredith starting to become part of their lives. I know she and her dad are nowhere near being close yet but I just found her ability to so easily let the death of her step-mom roll off her back as if no big deal a bit disturbing.

+ Reply to Thread