+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2367147;
    You can get a temp license in a short time.. my bigger problem was how she got hospital privileges so fast.. that is in most cases, subject to a board review.

Wasn't it a privately owned clinic or something like that, ran by Taye Diggs Character?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;2367220;
    Wasn't it a privately owned clinic or something like that, ran by Taye Diggs Character?
    I think FireWoman was talking about getting access to perform surgery at the hospital where the pregnant woman was taken to deliver her baby... As she was leaving the clinic to take the girl there, she told her friend something like, "Tell them to get out of my way and not give me a hard time when I get there." No way would that happen. No hospital would allow an unknown person to come in and perform surgery like that. There'd be too many liabilities. I could walk in and say I was going to operate!

Timothy Daly. That man looks as good today as he did 20 years ago when he was in "Diner."

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2367228;
    I think FireWoman was talking about getting access to perform surgery at the hospital where the pregnant woman was taken to deliver her baby... As she was leaving the clinic to take the girl there, she told her friend something like, "Tell them to get out of my way and not give me a hard time when I get there." No way would that happen. No hospital would allow an unknown person to come in and perform surgery like that. There'd be too many liabilities. I could walk in and say I was going to operate!

Timothy Daly. That man looks as good today as he did 20 years ago when he was in "Diner."
    ahhh! Thanks

I loved the "elevator god"

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I knew that elevator god stuff was going to be a security guard. I was so hoping they wouldn't have Addison go off her rocker (kind of like Ally McBeal did with the Dancing Baby visions).

And not to nitpick too much, but having been to reproductive endrocronoligists and being tested for fertility etc., how they did it tonight didn't ring true. They would not know from one series of tests what her ovarian reserve was. And not for nothing, but I got pregnant shortly after my doctor told me I wouldn't be able to. (It ended in miscarriage, but the point is I still got pregnant.) Also, they didn't even talk about using donor eggs (e.g. using a younger woman's eggs and implanting the embryo into Addison). The whole "I want a baby" thing just seemed to come out of nowhere. And her giving up seemed to come out of nowhere as well. When you want it that badly, you're willing to go against the odds--at least TRY to see if you can make it happen. She kind of just gave up.

I enjoyed seeing Paul Adelstein play such a goofy character here. I'm used to him being such a badass on "Prison Break." He was so funny here!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Damn! I almost hate to say this but i'd watch this show. Mainly because of Addison(can't help but like her and her hair). Paul, he's a bit of a revelation waiting to happen(I was hoping that Kellerman would give up being a heel), I'll give it to him, he's attractive. I like that they're all single too.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

If Addisons show does take off...I'll watch it. I really like Kate Walsh.

Tonights episode of the regular cast sucked. Meredith's fake mommy died? Her dad slapped her for no reason? Derek walked away from the house at the end? I hated it. Meredith was happy. Truly happy at the beginning of the episode. She had make-up on, looked rested and was smiling. She even had a twinkle in her eye. She is finally pulling it together and then BAM! Her step-mom suddenly dies. When Meredith was finally getting close to a parent figure...This is my favorite show, but I'm really starting to get frustrated with it.

Burke and Cristina....If I were her, I'd tell his pompous ass to shove it. He thought she was joking about getting married at city hall? Has he met her?!? Hello? I don't think he knows Cristina at all. He thinks he is going to change her. First, he went to the chief behind her back to tell him they were involved. Even after Cristina protested. Then he had her move in and give up her apartment....her safety net. Then he proposes with a huge ring when Cristina doesn't even wear jewelry. Now he wants to forego her plans of a tiny wedding to have a huge church wedding. When does he get to give an inch? I know that Cristina isn't perfect and that Burke has had to change a few things, too, but it seems like Cristina keeps having to change more for Burke.

I want Alex and Izzie back together. STAT! I was all for her and Denny, but with Denny gone...I want them back together. I watch Grey's on Lifetime on Sunday nights and this past week was the episode where Alex storms into Joe's and bends Izzie backwards and kisses the crap out of her. It was sexy and they have great chemistry. They need to put them together again. Let George and Callie work on their marriage.

And Tim Daly? Whew! I think that man gets better with age! Yum!

Meredith's fake mommy died? Her dad slapped her for no reason? Derek walked away from the house at the end?
    I think that they had to find a way to get some more money on the payroll and that Meredith's step mom was an expendable character. As for Thatcher slapping her, think of what he just went through. First of all, he thought his wife was initially faking her condition. He is told that the condition is easily fixable and that everything will be fine by multiple people, including Meredith and then she dies. That is a lot to deal with and then your daughter that connects with your dead wife better than you comes out and tells you your wife is dead. To me, being slapped after that is not shocking at all.

If Derek does not want a romantic relationship with Meredith or is not sure he is smart to walk away.

I liked both interacting shows tonight...though I did get confused going back and forth. There is a talking elevator in the hospital my Mum use to work in. When I was 6 my Mum took my brothers and I in it and we thought it was wicked cool
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I want to drink whatever it is Addison is to get such HOT men to go after her.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I wasn't too impressed with the spin-off storyline I enjoy all the actors so I may watch again just for them but as a whole I don't know if it has legs enough for a whole season. My early predictions on some plot lines - best friend and her ex-husband eventually get back together, but not until after best friend sleeps with her male receptionist. Tim Daly, the alternative medicine doc, has Addison go through unconventional fertility methods and she probably winds up being able to get pregnant. Sexual tension between Paul Adelstein (sp?) and the therapist continues, maybe eventually they consummate or not. Yawn.

Back at Seattle Grace - I knew the step-mom was going to die because I read spoilers about it but I think it was an unncessary storyline. I really liked their developing bond. I did catch that her youngest sister (forgot there were two) would be starting an intern program soon. I wonder if she'll wind up as a character next season. And she'll probably hate Meredith and make a play for McDreamy (blaming her for the death of the mom thing). As for Derek, it looks like he's ready to test new waters anyway.

Ava can speak at least three languages - who knew?! Well, not her But it looks like Alex calls her out on her memory loss next week. Maybe she does get it back but doesn't like what she remembers.

Burke and Christina - what are you gonna do with them? I'm thinking whether or not they make it down the aisle will be indicative of if IW is staying on the show. Of course they could marry and get an annulment later. I loved Callie being a bridesmaid (and hated Izzie's typical petty reaction). I don't want to see Izzie back with Alex as Alex has grown and Izzie hasn't. She's not good enough for him now. Poor George loves two women. Boo hoo. I don't think he ever loved Callie. He never really could bring himself to say those three words to her. She's better off without him dragging her down. Bring on some new hot male docs and hook the girl up! Maybe with McSteamy, as I knew he was trying to do right by Addison by letting her believe he cheated so as to give her an easy out. I'm sure one day she'll learn this information (around the time her new show fails, as I think it will eventually).

+ Reply to Thread