+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree679Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

I don't think George is leaving. Besides, he said Mercy West and Addy is going to L.A., right?

I don't think Burke seemed happy with Christina's decision to go with the red one. Just a little earlier, Izzy told him that was the winner, so he has to suspect Christina didn't even bother with it. In all fairness to Christina, she isn't the type of woman to care about any of those minute details of the wedding. She is so not girly. She is the guy in the relationship. My husband turned me loose with the wedding plans and the only thing he wanted a hand in was the music choices and the dinner menu. He said as long as I had the ring on my finger and his last name at the end of the day, he didn't care what I did...lol. Maybe that is how Christina feels?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2356009;
    I don't think George is leaving. Besides, he said Mercy West and Addy is going to L.A., right?

I don't think Burke seemed happy with Christina's decision to go with the red one. Just a little earlier, Izzy told him that was the winner, so he has to suspect Christina didn't even bother with it. In all fairness to Christina, she isn't the type of woman to care about any of those minute details of the wedding. She is so not girly. She is the guy in the relationship. My husband turned me loose with the wedding plans and the only thing he wanted a hand in was the music choices and the dinner menu. He said as long as I had the ring on my finger and his last name at the end of the day, he didn't care what I did...lol. Maybe that is how Christina feels?
    And were you as hurt by his ignoring it all as Burke is?
    Seems like Burke is taking Christina's not being a girly girl as a sign of lack of interest in the marriage, whereas it may just be her (traditionally male role) lack of interest in wedding details.
    Or does he just want her to be more of a girly girl? As her ex-lover was telling her she's forcing herself to be for Burke (of course she was faking it then, but does Burke really want that more girly woman? Or is he just reading too much into her lack of interest in cakes?).

=PWS;2356058;]And were you as hurt by his ignoring it all as Burke is?

Oh heck no! I actually preferred having free reign!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2355914;
    -Callie put her foot down and George finally saw, albeit through the affair of others, that he could lose both Callie and Meredith. So he transfers. Which allows him to go with Addison to another hospital.

Not sure about the rest of the stuff in the above post (which I excerpted from), but according to Kristin at E! Online (a very reliable source):

Sources close to the show tell me that unless this is the most guarded secret ever regarding Grey's Anatomy (these sources are so inside they knew about Denny's death months before it happened), the rumors of T.R. and Isaiah's departure are completely bunk.

According to Grey's insiders, both T.R. (George) and Isaiah (Burke) are under contract for next season and expected to return. And while Isaiah's rep declined comment (saying, "We’re going to do our business in private and not in the media"), T.R.'s rep says the rumors are "completely untrue."

Link below:

Watch with Kristin - Rumor Patrol: Who's Out and Who's In on <i>Grey's Anatomy</i>
    "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2356058;
    And were you as hurt by his ignoring it all as Burke is?
    Seems like Burke is taking Christina's not being a girly girl as a sign of lack of interest in the marriage, whereas it may just be her (traditionally male role) lack of interest in wedding details.
    Or does he just want her to be more of a girly girl? As her ex-lover was telling her she's forcing herself to be for Burke (of course she was faking it then, but does Burke really want that more girly woman? Or is he just reading too much into her lack of interest in cakes?).
    Was I the only one who thought Burke was completely insensitive in his dealings with the details of one's wedding? I loved planning my wedding and every little detail that came with it, but I didn't do it during my most important intern exam. I hardly think that was the right time for him to start taking out cakes and bridesmaid dresses (as previewed in next week's show). I don't blame her one bit for having bigger concerns at this time than preparing her wedding day.

I must be the only one who thought Burke looked happy when Christina picked the red velvet cake . And he practically attacked her with kisses afterwards and they were both laughing (once he was able to pry her away from Callie's study cards).

Unless IW is leaving the show, I'd like to see him and Christina get married. And I think people are allowed to grow/change and re-examine what they want out of life. Just because Christina wasn't the marrying kind with her ex, it doesn't mean she isn't coming around to the idea now. I don't think it's fair to label someone "not the marrying kind" for all eternity. There can be exceptions and maybe Christina is one of them. Or maybe not .

ETA: I loovvee red velvet cake! So rich and yummy with cream cheese frosting
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 04-28-2007 at 05:58 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2356257;
    I must be the only one who thought Burke looked happy when Christina picked the red velvet cake .
    I'm amazed people thought he wasn't appreciative of her choosing the 'red cake'. Like you, I thought he was thrilled with her off-hand response.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2356270;
    I'm amazed people thought he wasn't appreciative of her choosing the 'red cake'. Like you, I thought he was thrilled with her off-hand response.
    I thought he was disappointed because I saw his face fall and I thought back on that conversation that he had with Izzie about his perfect wedding cake. I remember him tasting the red velvet and saying "Too spongy. The cake should be firm inside." I felt that Christina's offhand response hurt and disappointed Burke because he so badly wanted his perfect cake, but he loves Christina so much - he would do anything for her.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

Some posters have mentioned the writers don't seem to know the characters too well or have trouble with continuity. I wonder why they don't assign specific writers for each of the characters instead of letting different writers take a stab at the whole episode each week. I think some soap operas have specific writers for specific characters but even then they've been known to totally change a character's personality if they have to recast a role. I think it's okay to let the writers take turns with storylines as long as they stay true to the characters, but we've been seeing that isn't happening on a regular basis.

Anyway, over at Grey Matter, the official blog of the show, this is what that week's writer had to say about the Burke/Christina relationship (funny how they use Burke's last name and Christina's first name when referring to the couple)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And finally Burke and Cristina. Burke wants his relationship with Cristina to work. He wants her to choose that wedding cake. We know what that cake means to him when he sits down with Izzie in the conference room at the end of the episode. This cake. For this day. With this woman. And in the end, Cristina does choose a cake. The red one. The red velvet. And Burke has hope again. He’s wanted this wedding all along. And he’s thinking, hell, maybe now she’s finally on board. Maybe she finally wants this thing just as much as he does. Maybe, just maybe, they’re finally heading in the right direction. The question, of course, is does Cristina feel that way? She loves the guy enough to have made little compromises along the way (see Stacy’s great episode last week). But is this whole wedding thing her Penis Fish?
    Grey Matter

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GossipGirlANTM;2356287;
    I thought he was disappointed because I saw his face fall...
    Although Burke is critical about the Red Velvet cake, his intimate knowledge of it’s properties indicated to me that he really wanted it to be right. As Izzy said, he’d thought a lot about this cake, and Burke replied, ‘this cake, for this day, with this woman’. This was the cake, well-made or not, Burke wanted for the wedding.

Later, Burke came home and asked Christine if she’d picked a cake, to which she matter-of-factly replied ‘I like the red one’. It seemed to me the look on Burke’s face was one of incredulity. Not from disappointment, but at his good fortune. 'The woman had chosen the cake for the day'. Not only did he then smile, but he initiated what looked like it would turn into a love making session.

I think he was feeling
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread