+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

The Chief may stay as chief because all the potential candidates have been driven out of the hospital by their failed love lives, except Derek, and he won't give it to Derek because of Derek's love life. Good grief....Addison leaves because of Karev, Sloan may leave because of Addison (not knowing she's leaving), Burke leaves because of Christina.... No spoilers, just logical follow ups to what's been going on.
    Plus of course George leaves because of Izzie. So next year instead of new cast changes due to the arrival of new interns we get cast changes due to the arrival of new supervisors.
    Am I the only nerd who thought Karev really needed to study instead of XXX? After all he failed the last test, he should be scared to death of failing this one.
    But I thought what he said to Addison was just BRUTAL. If his goal was to drive her away he surely succeeded. And I agree, it made NO sense. His character has been growing, why would he be scared of growing up and being the stable guy? It can't be because he isn't interested in her for more than sex... even Ava knows that's not all there is. Can he not visualize a life together with an "older "woman or one who outranks him? Thinks she can't have kids? Is he now being written as interested in Ava? Makes no sense.

I really hope the Chief keeps his position. And on the one hand, I want the spin-off to fail because I like Addison, but although I was really opposed to the spin-off when I first heard about it I'm now interested in seeing if it has legs. I love me some Steven Webber!

I was wondering if Christina picked the red velvet because she didn't really try any of the cakes and if she said "the red one" it would look like she was paying attention but it could really mean she was trying to pick something that she could remember seeing and the red stood out to her. She also asked her friends to decide for her and Izzie may have told her off-screen that the red was the best.

I like Burke and Christina together so I hope they work things out. I don't mind if Izzie and George get together because I don't care for either of them and figure if they're together then they aren't ruining anyone else.

I was glad the show addressed the fact that Meredith didn't try to swim and was hoping she would explain herself but she acted all hurt instead. Not a good move on her part. I still love the show and will see it through to the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Christiii;2354654;
    i just cant stand how Addison moves her mouth. Petty I know, but geeeezaloo does it bug me. Its like she is conciously trying to look pouty and sexy with every mouth move she makes...ugh. Anyone else notice this??
    Yeah, it's petty. But I concur! Sara from CSI does it every time she talks to Grissom and I always shout a horrible name at the TV when she does it
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

^ The mouth doesn't bug me but the glasses do... it's like someone tipped the writers/directors off that it was a good look for her, and now there's this conscious effort to use them as much as possible and to draw attention to them in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2354954;
    His character has been growing, why would he be scared of growing up and being the stable guy? It can't be because he isn't interested in her for more than sex... even Ava knows that's not all there is. Can he not visualize a life together with an "older "woman or one who outranks him? Thinks she can't have kids? Is he now being written as interested in Ava? Makes no sense.
    I agree! They have done this with Alex since the beginning and it drives me nuts. But, I think it is because they use different writers and consistency never seems to be important. He grows then regresses - perhaps they think this makes him more human, but it's disappointing to me.

I don't see him interested in Ava, I did think he was interested in Addison; but I guess they have to have a reason to write her off - so disappointment and rejection seems to be the excuse.

I think that is the whole key to the flip-flop pattern of the show. They use too many writers. They each have their own idea of who the characters should be and they incorporate that into their writing then the next week, some other yahoo writes it the way they want. It would be a lot better if they all colaborated or if they just picked a writer and everyone put their imput. First and foremost, they need to sit down and agree on who Izzy is. Who Meredith is. Who George is...etc..etc...I love this show and it's my favorite, but I'm often left with my mouth hanging open wondering who in the hell Alex is this week.

well.... now that addison dumped mark and derek can't be chief because of meredith... i think mcdreamy and mcsteamy should hook up!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2354305;
    I really didn’t want to watch last night's episode. As I pondered whether or not to watch it this morning I realized I wasn't enjoying the show any longer. I even considered taking it off the VCR programming list. Then, low and behold, it was like the old Grey’s Anatomy. I loved this episode. Just like old times.
    I totally agree! I loved this episode. Back to total confusion!

-Izzie finally realizes how bad it was for her to sleep with a married man. Loved her seeing how important Burkes wedding day was to him.
    -Callie put her foot down and George finally saw, albeit through the affair of others, that he could lose both Callie and Meredith. So he transfers. Which allows him to go with Addison to another hospital.
    -Christina captures Burkes heart once again with her red cake choice and has no idea how important her answer was to him.
    - Addison realizes McSteamy is not what she wants and cheats. McSteamy is a bigger person and takes the blame lying and saying HE cheated. Addison has no idea that McSteamy could be a 'good man'.
    - Alex is still sexy Alex, but he's scared of a "big relationship" and I think that will give us more to find out about him than we already know.
    - Meredith realizes that McDreamy still dreams of being chief and she is in the way, allowing her to fall for McSteamy who is also heartbroken.
    - Dr. Bailey is wonderful as she always is and really knows a lot of everyone's secrets.
    - The Chief got a slap in the face by the General with his rude remarks about the Chief basically "giving up".

Just a great show all around.

And how about the removal of the "P"-fish! Ewwwww. Don't ever pee in the Amazon!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I googled the p-fish, and what I read curled my already curly hair!! If you have an orifice...and yes, ladies, ours, too...it can get in!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2355914;
    I totally agree! I loved this episode. Back to total confusion!

-Izzie finally realizes how bad it was for her to sleep with a married man. Loved her seeing how important Burkes wedding day was to him.
    -Callie put her foot down and George finally saw, albeit through the affair of others, that he could lose both Callie and Meredith. So he transfers. Which allows him to go with Addison to another hospital.
    -Christina captures Burkes heart once again with her red cake choice and has no idea how important her answer was to him.
    - Addison realizes McSteamy is not what she wants and cheats. McSteamy is a bigger person and takes the blame lying and saying HE cheated. Addison has no idea that McSteamy could be a 'good man'.
    - Alex is still sexy Alex, but he's scared of a "big relationship" and I think that will give us more to find out about him than we already know.
    - Meredith realizes that McDreamy still dreams of being chief and she is in the way, allowing her to fall for McSteamy who is also heartbroken.
    - Dr. Bailey is wonderful as she always is and really knows a lot of everyone's secrets.
    - The Chief got a slap in the face by the General with his rude remarks about the Chief basically "giving up".

Just a great show all around.

And how about the removal of the "P"-fish! Ewwwww. Don't ever pee in the Amazon!
    This episode was so great! It was so vintage Grey's and reminded me why I love(d) this show.

I think that George was moving to get away from Izzie? That way he could fix things and breathe for awhile.

That moment when Christina chose the red cake was really so heartbreaking and bittersweet for me because Burke had all these ideas of what the perfect cake should be, and when Christina chose the red one without even thinking, she really crushed all those dreams. That moment was HUGE foreshadowing. Those two are not going to get married, I can feel it.

I also don't really think that McSteamy was being the bigger man, but rather immature. He didn't want to seem like the weak one who was cheated on, so instead he made up a lie and said he was the big bad one who cheated on Addison instead. He is so afraid of being vulnerable and getting his feelings hurt.

Please don't let the chief leave!! Or if he does, can Bailey be chief?
    Also, the cast looked FAB this episode.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

+ Reply to Thread