+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree663Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by Melsevene;2341581;
    I love something about T.R. Knight - he's adorable for one thing, but I just love how when he looks sad, it melts my heart, I just want to hug and comfort him. George is definitely one of my favorites, and I love his relationship with Izzy, well except for the dumb sex part.
    i love george. i nearly cried when he was comforting izzy. i have never liked izzy but i really felt for her during this episode. but george ... yeah, he's such a sweetheart. everyone needs a friend like george.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

The only one who looks the right age for her character (out of Katherine Heigl, Sandra Oh, Ellen Pompeo, I mean) is Katherine Heigl, who I believe is in her 20's. Her character is supposed to be 27 (she had her daughter at 16, and the daughter is 11) and she looks it. Mere looks older than Addison (and that actress is 39--an amazingly well preserved 39!). Mere looks to be about 35 at the youngest. When I see her, I think of people who changed careers in their late 20's or 30's... But hey, this is television.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2343032;
    Mere looks older than Addison (and that actress is 39--an amazingly well preserved 39!).
    Good Grief, Lois, I don't know how most 39 year old women look that you have known, but I think "Addison" looks pretty average for most 39 year olds that I have run across.
    And, yes, she looks good!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I can not stand George! I really hated him in this episode. I loved when Bailey put him in his place when he "demanded" to know what was going on with Izzy.
    But when he went bargeing into the room and Bailey was telling him to get out and he knelt down by Izzys head and said, "Make me." to Bailey I looked at my husband and said, "That is when I would have kicked him in his GD teeth." Harsh I know but who the hell does he think he is??!! He is a weak little weasel trying so hard to fit in with the "cool kids". I can't stand the way he treats Callie. Didn't he give Callie a lot of crap about her sleeping with McSteamy?
    I can't stand Izzy either. Even my husband who doesn't care about the show was like, "Man it is one crisis after another with her." I really think she is the worst actor of the whole bunch.
    I hope a helicoptor lands on George and Izzy soon.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2343378;
    Good Grief, Lois, I don't know how most 39 year old women look that you have known, but I think "Addison" looks pretty average for most 39 year olds that I have run across.
    And, yes, she looks good!
    Well, maybe I'm showing my age... I'm 39 and should look so good!

To me, Mere looks older than Addison--and Addison I think is supposed to be a good 10 years (at least) older than her...

I hate the way George treats Callie, too. And it makes me sad that Callie is going to beg Izzy to let her have her husband back on next week's episode (at least that's what the preview looked like). Good gosh, kick him to the curb and be done with him!

Aren't both actresses the same age??
    Anyway, age has nothing to do with being an intern newly graduated from Med School, they are all different ages. I have met many doing there internship in their early 30's. She could have traveled or done something else before applying for Med school although you would expect her to be around 30 -35 and I think she could pass for that. IMO

But I think the premise of the show was that she was a wunderkind who was advanced beyond her years...I always got the idea she was supposed to be around 27 or so, like Izzy and Alex etc.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2344577;
    Aren't both actresses the same age??
    Anyway, age has nothing to do with being an intern newly graduated from Med School, they are all different ages. I have met many doing there internship in their early 30's. She could have traveled or done something else before applying for Med school although you would expect her to be around 30 -35 and I think she could pass for that. IMO
    During the window where Meredith's mom was "back", didn't we find out that Meredith did in fact take some time off to travel, and that made her mom mad?

Oh, I think you're right...

But wouldn't that be like a year or two, rather than a decade? She looks like she's about 39--or Derek/Burke's ages.

Ah well--it's a TV show. I'm still enjoying it for the most part!

I did see another commercial for it with Callie saying to Izzy, "I can't compete with you." Ugh! Just kick him to the curb and then let Izzy kick him to the curb. She won't want George once Callie doesn't want him.

When the show first started....IMO, Meredith did look to be around the same age as the other interns. She looked fresh faced and bright eyed and bushy tailed. Now she looks exhausted all the time. Which, I can understand with the hours she works, but the other interns work just as hard and the only other one who ever looks really tired and beat down is George. Izzy always looks fresh as a daisy and Alex..his look never really changes. I don't know if the actress is just living hard or if the set hair and make-up people are striving for that "I've been through hell and back" look.

+ Reply to Thread