+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2340859;
    This was the best episode they have had in month, in my opinion, still not vintage Grey's but so much better than what it has been lately.

I agree. Although I love every episode, I wish they would go back to the basics. I realize the characters need to grow, but lately, the characters haven't been acting...well...in character. Also, Izzy is one of my favorites and she used to be so perky, upbeat, happy and funny. For the past year, she has been a real downer. That's Meredith's job. I want Pollyanna Izzy back. I am enjoying the deeper side of Alex, though. I swear, if Derek breaks Meredith AGAIN, I'm going to hate him forever. They won't be able to redeem him in my eyes.

I don't watch very often because I like to watch CSI, but since it was a rerun... I really enjoyed this ep last night. Izzy was so sad, I realize from reading posts that she has been for a shile () but I think is so beautiful when she cries. Getting to see her daughter had to be such an amazingly emotional mixture of sadness and joy and Katherine Heigl played it so well.

I also felt so bad for that patient Ava/Shannon. How did they know she wasn't their daughter? Did they do a blood test or just take the mother's word for it? That seemed a little strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2341055;
    I don't watch very often because I like to watch CSI, but since it was a rerun... I really enjoyed this ep last night. Izzy was so sad, I realize from reading posts that she has been for a shile () but I think is so beautiful when she cries. Getting to see her daughter had to be such an amazingly emotional mixture of sadness and joy and Katherine Heigl played it so well.

I also felt so bad for that patient Ava/Shannon. How did they know she wasn't their daughter? Did they do a blood test or just take the mother's word for it? That seemed a little strange to me.
    I guess that was strange, but I also think that there are mannerisms that people have that wouldn't go away just because they lost their memory.

My sisters and I all sound alike on the phone. I once went on a date with a guy who had dated my older sister. All night he kept saying how much I reminded him of her, and we don't look anything alike or even have very similar personalities. It was all stuff like tone of voice, inflections, movements--things that I would think would still be there after memory loss and that a mother would notice were missing.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2341055;

I kept on yelling at my TV for them to pull out the DNA swabs. Apparently, my TV's ears are stuffed up, because they never did.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2341221;
    I kept on yelling at my TV for them to pull out the DNA swabs. Apparently, my TV's ears are stuffed up, because they never did.
    Oh my goodness! I think our shouts were drowning each other out!!! I was doing the same thing... Hello? How difficult could it be? You'd think they'd ask the families to find their daughter's brush or toothbrush and do a DNA analysis. I don't know about you all but I drop enough hair everywhere I go that someone could probably clone me with few problems!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2341337;
    Oh my goodness! I think our shouts were drowning each other out!!! I was doing the same thing... Hello? How difficult could it be? You'd think they'd ask the families to find their daughter's brush or toothbrush and do a DNA analysis. I don't know about you all but I drop enough hair everywhere I go that someone could probably clone me with few problems!
    They wouldn't even need a brush or toothbrush would they? Couldn't they simply take the DNA of the patient, the mother and the father, and determine the probablility of their matching?

I'm thinking "Ava" must be from another state because surely the ferry accident was covered in all of Washington and someone would notice their pregnant wife/girlfriend/sister/daughter missing and would have at least checked the hospitals by now. So maybe she ran from someone all the way on the East Coast who may not have thought to look for her in Washington, ala "Sleeping With The Enemy" type of deal. At any rate, couldn't the police have run her info into a national data base to see if there are any missing persons matching her age, height, eyecolor, etc. even if her face is not exactly the same? The folks at CSI would know by now who she was

LG.

I would think that someone would have been able to identify "Ava" by now too. If she was receiving regular pre-natal care, her doctor would have noticed if she'd been missing appointments too and maybe started looking for her. I missed most of last night's episode between my two kids who have a weekly mission to be loud and disruptive during this show, so I'm trying to piece it together. Maybe I'll try again tonight - a second attempting of watching the same episode.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fan

Loved the episode last night. I laughed out loud when Sloan and the chief were at the bar!!! THat was hilarious. I love the chief. I love the turn that Christina has taken. This show just keeps getting better and better.

FORT Fogey

I really didn't get the whole Christina thing. I know that she was pretending to be who she wasn't in order to get her ex to go away and leave hear alone. But the whole bit at the end about her playing dumb to make Burke feel better? I looked all over left field, but I couldn't find quite where that one came from.

+ Reply to Thread