+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree758Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fogey

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Not just The Nine Mariner -- I thought Eyes was even better than that!

Here's one reason I think spinning Addison away could be a good thing -- Addison has really become a voice of reason and the conscience of Seattle Grace. Originally, Bailey played that role. I think that a lot of the reason that Bailey's character has been marginalized this season is that Addison has been taking the job character-wise that she was intended to have. So, if taking Addison back out of the equation means we get more vintage Bailey (plus the added bonus of Tim Daly - CAN'T discount that!) then I'd be okay with it.

Ah, yes. Tim Daly would definitely kick up the heat meter.

ETA: That's a good point about Bailey. I wouldn't want to lose her, either. She had a baby in real life, too, I think. Maybe they were reducing her work hours temporarily?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I really really wonder what kind of marker they're going to use on whether or not to pick up the spin off. I would imagine that if they use viewer ratings for the first episode of the spin-off, of course they'll be high because people will be interested in seeing what it's all about. I don't know what other type of marker they could use?

I heard this morning that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    both TR Knight and Washington are leaving the show at the end of this season. Knight is leaving voluntarily and Washington was kicked out.
    This is how it will play out:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Knight will fail his entry exam after his internship and W. will be pissed after not making chief so he'll leave, breaking up with Christina in the process.
    Other spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Derek is annoyed at his on-off relationship with Meredith, so they'll be off again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2335435;
    I really really wonder what kind of marker they're going to use on whether or not to pick up the spin off. I would imagine that if they use viewer ratings for the first episode of the spin-off, of course they'll be high because people will be interested in seeing what it's all about. I don't know what other type of marker they could use?
    I think they are going to use some creative markers in addition to the ratings ones. They'll play it out to see if the writers can come up with the character development and story ideas they need to make it a series, and not just a movie of the week type deal. As you said, I think the ratings are there if they want to move forward, so I the hesitation is likely on the creative front.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2336545;
    I find none of those projections too displeasing.

The show will inevitably need to evolve in some manner at some point even if Addison's departure is only temporary if it intends to attempt to stick around for more than another season or two.

FORT Fogey

is this the last season of grey's anatomy?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2336545;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    both TR Knight and Washington are leaving the show at the end of this season. Knight is leaving voluntarily and Washington was kicked out.
    This is how it will play out:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Knight will fail his entry exam after his internship and W. will be pissed after not making chief so he'll leave, breaking up with Christina in the process.
    Other spoiler
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Derek is annoyed at his on-off relationship with Meredith, so they'll be off again.
    Boy, that would leave a real shortage of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    men

DesertRose, do you happen to have a source on that? I would be interested in reading to see what else it might say about that. It would sure be a shocker.

Sorry to post twice in a row, but I just saw this at the end of Lost (on CTV) and it was a little "on the next Grey's" and it showed a man and a woman talking to Izzie and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    they say "we're the parents of your daughter Hannah" I guess they didn't drop this storyline? It seems to be coming out of nowhere?

+ Reply to Thread