+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree665Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

Re: Grey's Anatomy

Grey's Anatomy star T.R. Knight says he's looking forward to some time off from the hit show.

Knight, who was at the center of an uproar last year when costar Isaiah Washington allegedly referred to him by a homophobic slur, was asked by Access Hollywood how things were on the set.

"We have about 20 days left [until the season ends], not that I'm counting," he said. "It's going to be nice to have two months away, you know. I think everyone's looking forward to it."

Knight, 34, made his comments at the GLAAD Media Awards in Hollywood on Saturday, where Grey's won an award for outstanding individual episode for "Where the Boys Are."

Asked if the summer break would give Knight time to reflect upon the tumultuous season, he said: "Yeah, to learn from it. Grow. That's the hope; that's my hope."

The trouble started in October when Washington reportedly used the slur during an on-set argument with costar Patrick Dempsey. Shortly after the incident, Knight confirmed to PEOPLE that he is gay.

He later told Ellen DeGeneres that hearing Washington use the word gave him the courage to come out. In January, Washington apologized and checked into rehab.

Knight, who opened the awards show on Saturday, told Access Hollywood he's not sure the wounds from the dustup have truly begun to heal. "I don't know," he said. "We're showing up and doing our work. ... There's a lot of work to be done, so that's my focus."

Asked if his relationship with Washington is on the mend, Knight said, "I just focus on doing the work. That's my job; that's what I'm paid for, and I think that's enough."
    T.R. Knight: Counting the Days Until Grey's Wraps | Grey's Anatomy, T.R. Knight : People.com

Looks like TR isn't enjoying work anymore...

I'm sure he isn't completely over it, but at the same time, I think his answers are such that he's subtly trying to say I don't want to cause anymore attention to be drawn to this and stop asking please.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I thought that he was on the brink of tears during his speech.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

New Details Emerge About 'Grey's' Spinoff Episode
    LOS ANGELES (April 16, 2006) -- Is this the cast of your favorite new drama?

It could be if ABC has their way.

On May 3, "Grey's Anatomy's" Dr. Addison Shepherd heads out on a road trip to Los Angeles, the network confirmed earlier today.

Kate Walsh's character Addison will meet up with a host of medical school chums including a new McHottie played by Tim Daly.

Taye Diggs and Paul Adelstein also appear in the episode and will make it to the "Grey's" spinoff if ABC options it.

Judging from these just-released pics, this could be another steamy, tension filled drama

Access Hollywood | New Details Emerge About 'Grey's' Spinoff Episode | Celebrity and Hollywood News
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _____

I still think it is WAY too soon to be doing a spin off. I really like Addison on Grey's and was hoping that they would have a great SL with her and Alex
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I like Addison so much on Grey's, and the personality that she injects in the show that i don't want to see her go. But at the same time, I can see why they'd feel like they've run out of things to do with her on Grey's, and need to put her in a new environment. She's been married to Derek, hooked up with Mark, and flirted with Alex. She's evolved from being the trampy ex-wife when we first met her, to being the respected voice of reason among the women. As the respected voice of reason, they can't hook her character up with anyone else on the show. It would work for her character to put her with Mark ... but only if they make Mark evolve into a monogomous, respectful man for her ... and that would take all the fun out of his character for the show in general. So I can appreciate why it would be better off for the integrity of all the characters to give her new waters to wade in.

My Alex needs her . As imperfect as she is, at least she tried to show him the straight and narrow. He mustn't start backsliding!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey

I like the two of them together a lot too. But I can't figure out in my mind how writers could pair them without it being Burke and Christina part 2. They could do it if they made it a purely physical attraction / relationship ... but then they'd be abandoning so much of the character development and maturity that I've loved in both characters.

I can't see why they couldn't acknowledge the attraction between each other and make the choice to not go there . Maybe that's too mature for this show . It would be nice to see characters take the high road for a change (while throwing in the occasional glances and flirtations that let us know the chemistry is still there).
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

FORT Fogey

You make a very good point there. The WOULD be a good pair to have that long going sexual tension / will they or won't they thing going. I'd hope for the spin off to fail so she can come back ... only she'd have to bring Tim Daly with her for my eye candy. Of course, that would mean that Tim Daly would kill another great ABC show, since he does nothing but great shows for ABC that no one watches, so maybe I shouldn't wish for that.

I miss The Nine too Veruka. I hope ABC doesn't pick up the spinoff. Addison has become a very important character to Grey's Anatomy. If she were to leave, it would hurt the show.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread