+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree749Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Who did Chris Lowell play on Veronica Mars? I'm trying to fit those "names" into the described parts for the spin off....

He was/is "Piz". The guy who pined for Veronica but hasn't really had any lucky thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2308018;
    Some spinoff info...

To me, this all sounds cheesy, contrived and forced. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll have to see it to believe it.
    Your right it does sound cheesy...I will probally watch the pilot to see how bad it sucks. Addison dosent deserve to have her own show...

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;2308018;
    Some spinoff info...

To me, this all sounds cheesy, contrived and forced. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll have to see it to believe it.
    As much as I enjoy Kate Walsh on GA, I am not sure I want to watch the spinoff...

I'm with you, leogirl 21.

Without having seen the spin-off or how it might develop down line, I'm not, of course entirely certain which would be worse, a spin-off that amounts to Grey's Anatomy II, or one that departs significantly, like David Kelly's The Practice did in comparison to Ally McBeal, but I think it would be fairly easy for me to decide to choose one or the other if Walsh's show is successful and matches up too closely to Grey's Anatomy stylisticly.

As a thread departure comparitive example, I watch two out of three of the CSI variant's at least now and again, Vegas and Miami, but that is because of their differences, not their similarities. I want to see if Horatio ever gets that cantered neck problem of his taken care of, as well as whether he'll ever regain the ability to project his voice like my little terrier best bud did after a previous ? had him debarked. I also live for and count the days until something horrendous happens to Emily Proctor's character, a witch I loathe, and to whether Miami's ME is just going to wig out completely one day and jump the bones of one of her stiffs. She's too twistedly close to them, IMO.

tv luver is right, it isn't like medical shows aren't already pretty well represented. Even if the spin-off is a superior product, I don't know that that would be reason enough for me to watch it. I'm not that drawn to this show genre not to get selective and jettison even good shows of the same type.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2310463;
    I'm with you, leogirl 21.

Without having seen the spin-off or how it might develop down line, I'm not, of course entirely certain which would be worse, a spin-off that amounts to Grey's Anatomy II, or one that departs significantly, like David Kelly's The Practice did in comparison to Ally McBeal, but I think it would be fairly easy for me to decide to choose one or the other if Walsh's show is successful and matches up too closely to Grey's Anatomy stylisticly.

As a thread departure comparitive example, I watch two out of three of the CSI variant's at least now and again, Vegas and Miami, but that is because of their differences, not their similarities. I want to see if Horatio ever gets that cantered neck problem of his taken care of, as well as whether he'll ever regain the ability to project his voice like my little terrier best bud did after a previous ? had him debarked. I also live for and count the days until something horrendous happens to Emily Proctor's character, a witch I loathe, and to whether Miami's ME is just going to wig out completely one day and jump the bones of one of her stiffs. She's too twistedly close to them, IMO.

tv luver is right, it isn't like medical shows aren't already pretty well represented. Even if the spin-off is a superior product, I don't know that that would be reason enough for me to watch it. I'm not that drawn to this show genre not to get selective and jettison even good shows of the same type.
    She is the reason I stopped watching CSI Miami.. i couldn't stand her! She can't act to save her life.

I think many of us forget that Kate was only to be a guest on GA, and was never intended to be a main cast member. She got good numbers.. so they added her till they could figure out what to do with her. This spin-off, as much as I'd really rather not see one at this point, may be best for her. It may however Hurt GA. I watch it mainly for her, Derek, and Alex now. And to a slightly lesser, Callie.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    The Piz character??? Jeepers, hard to see how he fits into a medical show except as maybe a first year med student. Well, maybe if they give him a more mature haircut...but he seems decades younger than a lot of the other actors. Thanks,canadian_angel.

I don't know if a link to spoilerfix is allowed but that's where I got this news:

Special: Every Moment Counts
    Airdate: April 12, 2007

Loved by Grey's Anatomy fans for his role as "Denny," actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan hosts a one-hour special which highlights some of the most memorable moments from the last three seasons. The special will also include an exclusive, world broadcast premiere Grey's Anatomy music video set to singer-songwriter Brandi Carlile's song, "The Story." Source: ABC
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _
    The heavily anticipated Kate Walsh led Grey's Anatomy spin off finally has a name - at least, a tentative one. ABC unveiled the moniker for the new show at a star studded media buyers event during network development week. [...] 'Private Practice', is the name the Grey's Anatomy spin off will be called by for now, but ABC exec's are quick to caution that this may change. Source: BuddyTV

Speaking of Jeffrey Dean Morgan, I just recently found out he's been dating Mary Louise Parker. They make a cute couple.

JDM......Yummy. I love that man!

Is anyone watching Grey's on Lifetime (Sunday nights/11:00 EST)? They started with Season 1/Episode1 and have been playing them in order. Last week was when Christina miscarried Burke's baby. I'm enjoying watching them again. It's amazing how much the characters have grown. When they were all new, they were fumbling, bumbling idiots! LOL...

+ Reply to Thread