+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree545Likes

Thread: Grey's Anatomy

FORT Fanatic
    I think Izzy is a "comfort" gal. She bakes for comfort and she cooks comfort food when she is sad or in need and she turns to men for comfort, Denny was comfortable and George is comfortable to her. Not like Meredith who seeks out men/sex to fill a man approval daddy void. Izzie knows she is pretty and is secure in herself as a woman but she seeks the comfort things in life. She is also a comforter so she always crosses the line in comforting patients emotionaly as well. She is such a tactile person, food, touch, everything all soft and comfy in her world.

George and Izzie have been in a relationship for a long time now as friends so they are comfortable with eachother so the sex is strange but also comforting in a way and George as he has said doesn't want Izzie not to be there for him because he loves her and he loves Callie. George and Izzie share the recent death of loved ones so again the comfort thing popped up. Izzie, I think, is mistaking the comfort of George for it possibly being something more like I mistake chocolate for nutrition sometimes. George didn't need to say anything in the closet because the touching her hand, hitting the shelves says it all, he loves her and is mad he/they crossed the line and that he crossed Callie but he doesn't want to hurt Izzie by being mad and so he says nothing but I think she gets it.

I just so hope that Callie doesn't get hurt. I like her so much. I saw her the other day on You've Got Mail movie and she was the girl who doesn't want to run Meg Ryans credit card in the deli store and Tom Hanks gets her to do it. I almost didn't recognize her and had to look at the credits to be sure. Wow didn't realize she had been around that long.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2294292;
    Sorry, I ran out of time before I could edit.

Is it just me, or do all three facial choices for amnesia girl all look the same? I tried really hard to see the difference but aside from the part in the hair being a little different, I really can't see how it could be such a hard choice. They all look pretty much the same. None were any worse or better, imo.
    They looked very similar to me as well, ACF---They didn't give you very good pictures of them. I don't know if Alex did see a difference and had a preference, or was just trying to get her to make a decision, but it was clear from his description he thought she should choose Ava (or Eva?).

Derek ticked me off again. Again, he was sniveling to Meredith's boss, Her big boss this time about how he was so worried and how she gave up in the water. I understand that he's worried but he really has to pic his confidants more carefully. He's betrayed Meredith twice now in the same manner.
    Izzie/George sex... multiple times?? I don't think so. A man in his mid to late 20's consumes half a bottle of burbon and manages to salute and sustain... more than once? Dream on Shonda.
    About the only thing I liked in this show was the Alex/Ava interaction.
    I hope the Chief goes to the board and interviews for his own job I don't want him to leave.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray Wonderputt Champion FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2295435;
    Derek ticked me off again. Again, he was sniveling to Meredith's boss, Her big boss this time about how he was so worried and how she gave up in the water. I understand that he's worried but he really has to pic his confidants more carefully. He's betrayed Meredith twice now in the same manner.
    Izzie/George sex... multiple times?? I don't think so. A man in his mid to late 20's consumes half a bottle of burbon and manages to salute and sustain... more than once? Dream on Shonda.About the only thing I liked in this show was the Alex/Ava interaction.
    I hope the Chief goes to the board and interviews for his own job I don't want him to leave.
    It can be done
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I am hoping the chief stays as well! I just can't see Sloan in a position of such respect. He isn't the type of character I would put there. I love the chief and hope that if he does retire, we will still see him in the cast.

I also loved the Alex & Jane Doe/Ava interaction and hope that when Addison leaves, Ava will join the cast. Alex is actually caring (even if only in friendship) for someone he doesn't realize is very beautiful.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2295477;
    It can be done

I'm also rooting for the Chief to change his mind, if it isn't too late. What's the point of retiring...his wife has moved on, Mer's mom is dead...work is about what he has left at this point. And he's a much better people person than Sloan, despite his presentation. Maybe next week Sloan will blow it bigtime.

Also liking the whole scene with Ava...very sweet. Well, if they start to develop something beyond friendship for sure her memory/husband will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2296156;

I'm also rooting for the Chief to change his mind, if it isn't too late. What's the point of retiring...his wife has moved on, Mer's mom is dead...work is about what he has left at this point. And he's a much better people person than Sloan, despite his presentation. Maybe next week Sloan will blow it bigtime.

Also liking the whole scene with Ava...very sweet. Well, if they start to develop something beyond friendship for sure her memory/husband will appear.
    Who knows what they have supposedly done to find out who she is in the "time we haven't seen" on the show, but it seems like a good plan would have been to circulate pictures of the facial characteristics simulations that they came up with and see if anyone is missing someone who looks like that.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Just an aside, but I think that facesurgery girl picked Ava/Eva not because of how she looked, but because of how Alex portrayed the personality of that photo. If you remember, he had 3 different type of girls for each photo. I think Ava/Eva was based somewhat on McDreamy's ex, the redhead.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;2295222;
    George and Izzie have been in a relationship for a long time now as friends so they are comfortable with eachother so the sex is strange but also comforting in a way and George as he has said doesn't want Izzie not to be there for him because he loves her and he loves Callie. George and Izzie share the recent death of loved ones so again the comfort thing popped up. Izzie, I think, is mistaking the comfort of George for it possibly being something more like I mistake chocolate for nutrition sometimes. George didn't need to say anything in the closet because the touching her hand, hitting the shelves says it all, he loves her and is mad he/they crossed the line and that he crossed Callie but he doesn't want to hurt Izzie by being mad and so he says nothing but I think she gets it.
    Interesting take, you could be right.

I had thought George was simply P.O.ed at Izzy. Seemed to me like he blamed her for causing him to commit adultery. I didn't notice any longing in his eyes, like what I would expect if he truly loved Izzy. But also, that actor doesn't have very believable expressions of romance, IMO.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2296886;
    Just an aside, but I think that facesurgery girl picked Ava/Eva not because of how she looked, but because of how Alex portrayed the personality of that photo. If you remember, he had 3 different type of girls for each photo. I think Ava/Eva was based somewhat on McDreamy's ex, the redhead.
    I agree, she went with his portrayal of the personality, and I thought he knew she would, so he slanted it to the one he liked best. But I like your take better, that he was thiniking at least for "Ava" of a real woman...And wasn't Ava Gardiner (sp?) a redhead?

+ Reply to Thread